Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 16, 2008 9:47 AM

Jan 2008
Just a thought. . . and if there aren't any silent boys, why not?

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Feb 19, 2008 12:26 AM

May 2007
lol no of course we dont care. lol at least in this club.

Feb 21, 2008 2:45 AM

Jan 2008
Yeah, I suppose that makes sense . . .

Mar 4, 2008 6:39 PM

Jul 2007
I could care less, even as a female. Silent Girl Moe is way better :/

ilu Mathes. thanks for awesome Beato sig. <3
ilu mah_marina. thanks for awesome Beato icon. <3
Mar 22, 2008 7:26 PM
Oct 2007
Well Silent boys are... too many things... they could be too many things... A silent boy can be: a Pervert, Silent person, emo person, dead person, thinker, nerd... Not that these things are bad... its just that when you see a silent boy, he could be anything... When you see a silent girl... she's moe!!!... :D and she freaking pwns... :) nothing more than that :D

Mar 28, 2008 8:45 AM

Jan 2008
Girls are much more win<3
But there is Hanajima's brother in Furuba, who just sits in the cupboard. xP
Mar 29, 2008 12:30 AM

Nov 2007
can they catch our ears with the same soft voice our girls use to captivate our hearts ?
if the answer is can't, then NO.
Mar 29, 2008 10:51 AM
Mar 2008
I care. I think Kano-kun (Sukisho) fits the best to the male version of this club.
May 9, 2008 1:06 PM
Nov 2007
If they were allowed, then I would think Sunao (Potemayo) would be a likely addition.
May 14, 2008 2:33 PM

Feb 2008
I care too. I think silent girls are a bit more intriguing. But it does kind of work for both sides. When a person who talks a lot says something we all listen, but when someone who doesn't talk a lot says something its MONUMENTAL. I think a great example of a silent guy who only says things upon occasion that inflict females with moe is Kaname from Vampire Knight.
May 20, 2008 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
There are silent boys, but usually they are thought of as cool.

It isn't worthy of this group. Males aren't moe.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
May 20, 2008 6:31 PM

Feb 2008
Wind-UpBird said:

Males aren't moe? O_O Have you seen Ouran High School Host Club? Maybe i can understand that males aren't SILENT moe, but they definitely have their own moe moments XD
May 20, 2008 6:32 PM

Jan 2008
Hinata020 said:
Wind-UpBird said:

Males aren't moe? O_O Have you seen Ouran High School Host Club? Maybe i can understand that males aren't SILENT moe, but they definitely have their own moe moments XD

Keep in mind that this is from a heterosexual male's point of view.

May 21, 2008 5:29 PM

Feb 2008
Wind-UpBird said:
Hinata020 said:
Wind-UpBird said:

Ok...But i'm a heterosexual female and its fine for me to say that females can be moe...
May 21, 2008 5:38 PM

Jul 2007
Okay, so at the moment I seem to have developed an opinion on this matter, so I'll share it...

There sure as hell is. Just look at many of the guys that try to have a tough silent guy appearance but are just pained on the inside. I may even dare to say that it is quite similar to silent girl moe. Harima from school rumble comes to mind, though perhaps not the most silent.

Obviously there aren't that many to mention, with a lot of anime focused on the male audience and lacking presence of moe male characters in favour of GAR male characters or female archetypes. (Keeping in mind I haven't travelled too far into the world of shoujo anime)
May 22, 2008 11:14 PM

Jan 2008
Hinata020 said:
Wind-UpBird said:
Hinata020 said:
Wind-UpBird said:

Ok...But i'm a heterosexual female and its fine for me to say that females can be moe...

Males and females have always been different. Anyone can look at an attractive girl and think that she is attractive, but many males (I included) have a difficult time distinguishing the unattractive from the attractive among other males. Obviously the outliers I can tell, but the I can't differentiate between the shades of gray.

Also, like asandari, I haven't really delved into the shoujo genre. I can say that it seems that females aren't looking for a moe (shotacon is an exception for some) in a male character. I don't think cool is moe, which seems to be the most attractive to girls. Younger ones at least.

By the way, what is GAR?

May 25, 2008 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
Wind-UpBird said:
Hinata020 said:
Wind-UpBird said:
Hinata020 said:
Wind-UpBird said:

Males and females have always been different. Anyone can look at an attractive girl and think that she is attractive, but many males (I included) have a difficult time distinguishing the unattractive from the attractive among other males. Obviously the outliers I can tell, but the I can't differentiate between the shades of gray.

Also, like asandari, I haven't really delved into the shoujo genre. I can say that it seems that females aren't looking for a moe (shotacon is an exception for some) in a male character. I don't think cool is moe, which seems to be the most attractive to girls. Younger ones at least.

By the way, what is GAR?

Fair enough :) I can understand where you're coming from with that. Alot of my guy friends are the same. Where they refuse to say whether or not they think a guy is god looking because people with automatically think the're 'gay' which is ashame, but oh well...

And sorry for assuming you'd seen shoujo anime's. I just thought you had since you were part of this club and its hard to find good moe out side of shoujo.

GAR:" A term used towards male characters and individuals who are so overwhelmingly manly that your own masculinity is absolutely *buried*, leaving you naught but a whimpering, swooning girl-child before them."

or so they say, it was the first time i'd heard the term too :D
May 26, 2008 4:37 PM

Jan 2008
OK, the quoting business has gone on too long. I'll just start fresh.

It isn't that I am homophobic, I just have a difficult time. Honestly, I'm not just making excuses.

It is and has always been a very sexist society that we have built. We have divided up males and females in a variety of ways. We have come up with many words that objectify females, so it is really quite a bit easier to do than males.
asandari said:

Obviously there aren't that many to mention, with a lot of anime focused on the male audience and lacking presence of moe male characters in favour of GAR male characters or female archetypes.

With the new knowledge of GAR in mind, that really makes a lot of sense.
The Japanese have words like Tsundere. That's all you need to know.

May 26, 2008 6:04 PM

Feb 2008
Wind-UpBird said:

With the new knowledge of GAR in mind, that really makes a lot of sense.
The Japanese have words like Tsundere. That's all you need to know.

Tsundere?...Now where have i heard that before...That means a cold person who is all lovey-dovey in front of their lover...correct?

Oddly enough, after seeing GAR in this thread, I've been seeing it everywhere...they was a whole To-Love-Ru episode featuring it.
May 27, 2008 5:42 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty much. Any word used to sum up a personality is quite depersonalizing.

I have kinda given up on the To-Love-Ru anime. I have read the manga up to the most recent chapter, so it is kinda disappointing. Though I like Lala and Mikan's voice actresses, I would much rather listen to the voice I assigned to Rito in my head than his voice actress' one.

I know of GAR, but I don't have any concrete examples in mind.