Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 11, 2015 5:11 AM

Dec 2014
I still kinda liked the ending
Nov 13, 2015 6:40 PM
Sep 2015
The ending was so rushed, itt felt as if they had planned to continue the series but had to cut it short. It would have been nice too see Tiga's family and for them to work out there differences and to give their blessing for the wedding.
Also itt would have been nice to see Ryūji go back to Minori and co and give back the savings etc and explain what had happened and how they all felt. They missed so many opertunities to expand the ending and make the ending of tthe series so much better. It's just disapointing to see the potential of a good ending ruined by the way in which they rushed it
Nov 18, 2015 7:54 AM

Jul 2015
Hmmmmm, don't know if i loved it or hated it, it fell a bit rushed
ExoticBankaiDec 19, 2015 6:52 PM
Nov 18, 2015 7:07 PM

Nov 2015
I wonder if the creator ever looks online and sees a ton of people asking for a second season. From what I can tell, a lot of people want a second season or at least some OVAs. Just for some closure.
Sep 2, 2016 12:02 AM
Sep 2016
Hi everyone
So I watched this show yesterday and I understand the mixed thoughts about the ending

For me i would have accepted the ending if not for minori confession ; no way a guy can ignore his love that easy if he knew that she loves him back! Like Ever!!!

She should have kept this hidden all the way

I'm not criticizing the show as I liked it but I think girls maybe won't understand boy crush
Jan 1, 2017 1:17 PM

Sep 2015
BlueWarzone said:
... She runs off without telling Ryuuji for a YEAR and has ZERO contact with him. Oh wait, she sends him a picture of a star cause she's so deep, then she doesn't call or text for a year. ...

Technically, we don't know whether they had ZERO contact during that year, they do live in the age of cellphones (at the very least). I find it hard to believe they would completely and utterly ignore each other for an entire year.
Maybe it's elaborated on in the novels but not in the anime adaptation.
Jan 6, 2017 11:01 AM
Jun 2012
The ending was obvious from the beginning. Ryuuji wanted to stay by Taiga's side from the start, and he showed very clearly by the end that he didn't want anyone else but himself to be by her side.

His "love" for Minori never surpassed admiration, and it was pretty obvious that he sticked with that "love" because he thought that's what Taiga wanted him to do and because he thought that was what he's supposed to do. He ALWAYS chose Taiga over her, whatever given situation. Minori had feelings for BOTH Ryuugi and Taiga, she would not be satisfied with just one of them anyway so them getting together acually worked out best for her in the end.

Ami was able to realise and understand the situation almost from the beginning as she hinted it several times. She came in to the game too late and she knew that she had no chance to win Ryuugi's heart since it belonged to Taiga without him realising it all along, so instead she tried to set things straight but somethimes let her personal feelings interfere which led her nowhere near being able to win Ryuugi over which she was fully aware of.

I love Ami's character, she's my favorite in the show but she and Ryuugi just didn't belong together. The ending is thanks to her, however like she said, everything would have ended the same eventually without her there. It would however happen alot later, which instead would have made all of them more heartbroken in the end.
ttecknatJan 27, 2017 6:01 AM
Jan 7, 2017 2:38 AM

Jul 2015
This was boring and overdramatic, like the rest of the show. Ami-chan deserved better than these 25 episodes, everyone else was dumb.
Jan 25, 2017 2:05 PM

Apr 2016
The ending was indeed disappointing, but I really find all this Ami love baffling. I've come to hate that character type; you know, the one that stands on the periphery, possessing an understanding of everyone around her that far surpasses reason. She gets to drop vague hints every time she walks away from another character, never taking any action, feeling sorry for herself all the while. The only times she communicates properly are when the writer feels the need to overtly explain the character dynamics going on around her to us, as if we're too stupid to understand. It's bullshit and I feel absolutely nothing for her.
Oct 25, 2017 1:52 PM
Sep 2017
I think the ending could of been handled better, not who he ended up with, but how it was executed. Yes Taiga was trying to be responsible, but leaving, never saying a word to the guy she loves, was irresponsible in itself. Also it seemed like he had to approach her at graduation, not the other way around. Plus she doesn't seem sorry for how she left things, and he is expected to just go with it. And I know if this was a role reversal, the guy probably would of gotten crap for it.
Nov 1, 2017 10:14 AM
Feb 2017
Yeah, it's hard to defend the ending, and it has nothing to do with who he ended up with. This isn't one of those shows that keeps you guessing, or teases you with alternate possible relationships. It's a slow unfolding to get Taiga and Ryuugi together, and we're just along for the ride. Any other outcome was never realistic. Their eventual mutual love was the entire point of the show.

The disappointment comes from basic story structure. The final episode didn't feel connected to the whole, and felt completely unnecessary. It added nothing, and was frustrating. It in no way ruins the show (it's still a fantastic ride), but the ending seemed like a bizarre afterthought or a sudden creativity dead end.
Nov 4, 2017 8:00 AM

Nov 2016
It did feel somewhat weird how it just kind of happened out of nowhere, but I understand why she did what she had done. I'm just content with the ship it ended with because I wasn't a fan of the other ones. Well of course not including Ami but she was never truly a contender.
Jul 3, 2019 4:12 PM

Nov 2017
Yeah I've got to agree that Taiga is a little bitch, and has been treating Ryuji like a dog but then he suddenly falls in love with her, smh. Even Ryuji going out with Haruta would've made more sense to be honest.

Oct 31, 2019 1:37 PM
Oct 2019
I honestly didn't like the ending either, but mainly because they show ignored romance for like the first 14 episodes and then threw it all at you in the final 8 episodes. It would have been nice if we had a second season for more character development romantically. I think my biggest problem was how Takasu started liking taiga in a span of a single episode. Going from surprised that Taiga likes him to say that he's in love with her like in the next episode. And episode 24 was just some of the biggest bullshit I have seen. And the worst part is there is no epilogue or any information on what happens afterward. Its such a huge ass cliffhanger
Oct 31, 2019 3:24 PM
Feb 2017
diamonwarrior said:
I honestly didn't like the ending either, but mainly because they show ignored romance for like the first 14 episodes and then threw it all at you in the final 8 episodes. It would have been nice if we had a second season for more character development romantically. I think my biggest problem was how Takasu started liking taiga in a span of a single episode. Going from surprised that Taiga likes him to say that he's in love with her like in the next episode. And episode 24 was just some of the biggest bullshit I have seen. And the worst part is there is no epilogue or any information on what happens afterward. Its such a huge ass cliffhanger

First off, did you watch after the credits?

And I don't really think him loving her in 1 episode is that BS since he's been with her for months upon months always having her by is side, so when she's gone he didn't realize how much he missed her.
Oct 31, 2019 4:24 PM
Oct 2019
BlakexEkalb said:
diamonwarrior said:

First off, did you watch after the credits?

And I don't really think him loving her in 1 episode is that BS since he's been with her for months upon months always having her by is side, so when she's gone he didn't realize how much he missed her.

I get what you mean. I'm going to clarify because I think i worded this a bit incorrectly. I like the plot, and yes I saw the post-credit thing, and while it wasn't a cliff hanger, I feel we needed some sort of insight into the future may be a short scene or possibly an OVA. Also, I haven't watched Bento Battle yet so I don't know what happens in that. i just think it was really rushed and there should have been more episodes or a season 2 so we could get a bit more romantic development between Taiga and Takasu. All I think was they pushed way too much at us at once and it was really overwhelming.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.