Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2015 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
I wrote this short story. It's called "teddy"... tell me if you like it or not

Feb 9, 2015 11:58 AM

Nov 2014
It was pretty good. Well written at least, but I have to say that the first few paragraphs were a bit repetitive and by the fourth paragraph I was thinking to myself 'I get it, Amanda was great and the bear loved her. Move on already,' but it didn't until about paragraph ten and for an introduction, that's a bit too long for a short story. Not only that, but the plot seems a bit over-done. After the tenth paragraph, I had already pretty much figured out that she would commit suicide or at least go through depression, because in stories like this where there's a character who cares deeply for another, but can't do anything but watch that's what always happens. Also, because it was a short story it was all just the bear telling us what happened, so even though I could feel how much he loved the girl, I couldn't bring myself to care. You did do a pretty good job though. I still enjoyed reading it.
Feb 9, 2015 12:06 PM

Aug 2014
PrisonersDilemma said:
It was pretty good. Well written at least, but I have to say that the first few paragraphs were a bit repetitive and by the fourth paragraph I was thinking to myself 'I get it, Amanda was great and the bear loved her. Move on already,' but it didn't until about paragraph ten and for an introduction, that's a bit too long for a short story. Not only that, but the plot seems a bit over-done. After the tenth paragraph, I had already pretty much figured out that she would commit suicide or at least go through depression, because in stories like this where there's a character who cares deeply for another, but can't do anything but watch that's what always happens. Also, because it was a short story it was all just the bear telling us what happened, so even though I could feel how much he loved the girl, I couldn't bring myself to care. You did do a pretty good job though. I still enjoyed reading it.

thanks... I'll try to do something more original

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

362 by nin-tendo »»
9 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Today, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Yesterday

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Yesterday, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Yesterday, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Yesterday, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.