Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 24, 2014 1:10 AM

Sep 2012
I have been out of the game for a while, haven't watched many new series in the past 6 months at least. Mostly been glued to Bleach, watched the whole thing 1-366 pretty much back to back, a little dbz/sao (sao 2 is sucking ass so far, and I was a fan of the first). I'd be lying if I didn't say Bleach left me salty as fuck, that ending was shit. So.... now I need something new, something good. A few buddies have recommended Akame Ga Kill, so i'm going to pick that up. I'm sure i'll have it finished in a few days, so what are some other good ones that have aired lately? I'm not very picky, if it looks good, i'll probably like it. If it's a shounen, more ass kicking and action than friendship is magic bs please. My favorite genre hands down is romance, so if there's any good rom's out, lay em on me. Mix it in with anything else is a winner too.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 24, 2014 1:17 AM

Nov 2008
Amagi Brilliant Park
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
Zankyou no Terror
Ping Pong The Animation

//edit: Whoops, forgot Kiseijuu
Dec 24, 2014 1:18 AM

Dec 2013
Romance:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nagi no Asukara

Action/badass-ery:
Kiseijuu
Fate Stay Night UBW 2014 - you loved Fate Zero.
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis - no nakama power crap.
Dec 24, 2014 2:01 AM

Sep 2012
hhitagi said:
Romance:
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Nagi no Asukara

Action/badass-ery:
Kiseijuu
Fate Stay Night UBW 2014 - you loved Fate Zero.
Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis - no nakama power crap.

All of those look great. Definitely checking out shigatsu and nagi, they look like they've recieved quite high praise, overall. I'm gonna have to wait on Fate, I'd go nuts if I got into it and watched 11 episodes only to have to wait 4 days for the final one lol.

Tacas said:
Amagi Brilliant Park
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis
Zankyou no Terror
Ping Pong The Animation

//edit: Whoops, forgot Kiseijuu

Ping Pong sounds interesting on paper, but that animation style doesn't fly with me. I realize it's staying true to source material, but frankly, looks like shit to me. Nor have I ever had much interest in sport anime. Zankou however sounds crazy, i'm gonna have to check that out.

Dec 24, 2014 2:58 AM
Oct 2014
Blade and Soul
Dec 24, 2014 3:20 AM

Dec 2013
Shiveron said:
Ping Pong sounds interesting on paper, but that animation style doesn't fly with me. I realize it's staying true to source material, but frankly, looks like shit to me. Nor have I ever had much interest in sport anime. Zankou however sounds crazy, i'm gonna have to check that out.

That was like everyons initial thought about Ping Pong. If you don't want to watch it, don't. But something about the animation is really charming c: The characters are really nice too.
Dec 28, 2014 5:55 AM

Sep 2012
Finished Akame Ga Kill, loved it, sort of sad it had an original ending though. Left no room to be continued.

Also watched Nagi no Asukara. Amazing. It's been a long time since i've enjoyed something that much. Very reminiscent of Anohana, without the assault on the sad feels. Seriously loved it.

Dec 28, 2014 5:59 AM

Nov 2014
Shiveron said:
Finished Akame Ga Kill, loved it, sort of sad it had an original ending though. Left no room to be continued.

Also watched Nagi no Asukara. Amazing. It's been a long time since i've enjoyed something that much. Very reminiscent of Anohana, without the assault on the sad feels. Seriously loved it.

If you like Nagi no Asakura, you'll love Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and Shinsekai Yori most probably.

Dec 28, 2014 6:27 AM

Sep 2012
AzureDaora said:
Shiveron said:

If you like Nagi no Asakura, you'll love Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and Shinsekai Yori most probably.

I've seen parts of both... not sure if serious or not >.>. I'm sure i'd enjoy them, I just don't at all see how they could be related to Nagi no Asukara.

Dec 28, 2014 6:31 AM

Sep 2014
If you don't mind Sports, try Haikyuu!!
As for Action, try Seven Deadly Sins.
Dec 28, 2014 6:38 AM

Sep 2012
Not so much a sports guy. I grew up at the drag strip and riding dirt bikes, my kind of sports involve things with engines. Seven Deadly Sins looks good though, i'm just not sure I want to get into currently airing series. I followed currently airing series' for quite a while, but I much prefer series I can finish.

Dec 28, 2014 6:39 AM

Apr 2014
No game no life
Kiseijuu
Tokyo ghoul
World Trigger
Haikyuu!
Dec 28, 2014 6:46 AM

Sep 2014
Shiveron said:
Not so much a sports guy. I grew up at the drag strip and riding dirt bikes, my kind of sports involve things with engines. Seven Deadly Sins looks good though, i'm just not sure I want to get into currently airing series. I followed currently airing series' for quite a while, but I much prefer series I can finish.
Understandable. But do give it a watch if you can at some point of time.
Oh, try Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun if you haven't already. It's more comedy than romance though.
Dec 28, 2014 6:53 AM

Dec 2014
let's try to magi.
Dec 28, 2014 6:54 AM

Nov 2014
Shiveron said:
AzureDaora said:

I've seen parts of both... not sure if serious or not >.>. I'm sure i'd enjoy them, I just don't at all see how they could be related to Nagi no Asukara.

They're both anime that would be likely to make you feels. Both Shinsekai Yori and Nagi no Asakura both have the "growing up" concept.

Dec 28, 2014 6:59 AM

Sep 2012
AzureDaora said:
Shiveron said:

They're both anime that would be likely to make you feels. Both Shinsekai Yori and Nagi no Asakura both have the "growing up" concept.

Hmm. I guess I can see that, I also see it on the recommended for Nagi no Asukara. Just seems like it's a little brutal for a comparison, I see Nagi being more like Anohana, which is what it really reminded me of.

Dec 28, 2014 7:11 AM

Nov 2014
Shiveron said:
AzureDaora said:

Hmm. I guess I can see that, I also see it on the recommended for Nagi no Asukara. Just seems like it's a little brutal for a comparison, I see Nagi being more like Anohana, which is what it really reminded me of.

Madoka and Shinsekai aren't gory, unlike that picture of yours. Although they are certainly darker.
Madoka doesn't really have that much blood.
Shinsekai is a massacre though.

More topics from this board

» new anime recs?

lizzziziz - Yesterday

6 by mo_lave »»
3 hours ago

» Next Anime/Manga

Blubz1 - 3 hours ago

0 by Blubz1 »»
3 hours ago

» Good romantic anime

Roni1703 - Yesterday

8 by Roni1703 »»
7 hours ago

» TV SERIES ABOVE 2005 WHICH ALREADY FINISH

dusitz - Today

3 by M2zC »»
9 hours ago

» idea blo

blackmirrorerror - Yesterday

3 by M2zC »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.