Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

[Spoilers]Theory: Okabe and Kurisu are not suppose to be friends or acquaintances.

New
Dec 16, 2014 8:55 PM
Dec 2014
I've been thinking about it and I conclude that it is Okabe's Reading Steiner ability that enabled brought Okabe and Kurisu closer.

If the timelines were not influenced by Okabe's Reading Steiner. It's natural flow would be Kurisu and Okabe just meeting once(The lecture in Alpha worldine and Okabe finding her dead in Beta worldline).

So I've been wondering about the Original Timeline(Divergence number: 0.000000). I think this is what happened without Reading Steiner from Okabe beta line interference

-Doctor Nakabachi's presentation got cancelled

-Okabe and Kurisu met once in the lecture and never meet again.

-Kurisu goes back to America and somehow gets recruited by CERN into making time machines.

-Okabe and Daru developed the Phone Microwave(D-mails) and also Hacked CERN but since they didn't have a IBM-5100 they only got a little info.

-Okabe and Daru got caught by CERN but later they escaped to form the Resistance movement.

-CERN builds a dystopia.

-Okabe and Daru builds an incomplete time machine.
(note: time machine that can only travels to the past)

-Okabe and Daru dies.

-in 2034 Kurisu is dies.

-in 2036 Suzuha uses the time machine left by Okabe and Daru to get and IBM 5100. This splits the world line into two routes. Alpha worldline(Divergence number: 0.571046) is born in which Suzuha interference with the natural flow of events is accounted for thereby altering the events of the future from thereon.

Explanation: since in Original Timeline(Divergence number:0.000000) they didn't have the IBM. Suzuha traveled back in time to 1975 to get one which led it to the Shrine. Okabe and Daru having the IBM-5100 enabled them to hack CERN better but in the Alpha worldline the lab still get raided and mayuri still dies.

Also in the Beta world line:

-Doctor Nakabachi's presenation takes place and Kurisu dies there.

-Okabe finds Kurisu dead.

-Time machine papers get to Russia

-World War 3

So here we see that Okabe and Kurisu are never suppose to be friends or acquiantances. But if you take Reading Steiner into account where Okabe witnesses Kurisu's death in Beta then he jumps to Alpha to find her alive it changed the events leading to Kurisu's initial visit to the lab which never should've happened.

What do you guys think?
Dec 20, 2014 7:20 PM
Aug 2014
First of all, the Original Timeline is not Divergence 0.000000%. Okabe actually began in the Alpha worldline.

Secondly, the reason why the Alpha Worldline even has SERN creating a dystopia in the first place (and thus cause Suzuha to go back in time so that Nakabachi's lecture is cancelled,) is because Okabe builds a working time machine, sends the D-mail, and Echelon finds it. SERN's time machine is based on the Time Leap Machine, and not the PhoneWave.

Thirdly, the source of Okabe's Reading Steiner is the fever he had at the turn of the millennium that almost killed him. So it's not like Reading Steiner just randomly came into existence.

Reading Steiner must exist in the first place in order for the Alpha worldline to.
Behold! The way is clear! We're free! I, the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma, have triumphed under a twofold assault, from SERN and the Organization, by twisting the very fundamentals of time and space! The world as we know it has been put to rights, and a future of chaos awaits us. This, my friends, is the choice of Steins;Gate!
Dec 20, 2014 9:38 PM
Dec 2014
Yes Yes. But shouldn't there be a possible worldline where Okabe's Reading Steiner doesn't exists or is not very strong?

I just finished the VN true ending(IT'S AWESOME) and according to it everybody has Reading Steiner the difference is how strong it is.
Dec 22, 2014 5:06 PM
Aug 2014
It's entirely possible that there is a worldline in which Okabe never obtained Reading Steiner, but it wouldn't be a worldline with a divergence greater than 0.000000%.

The reason being is that the point of divergence is the Time Machine being created in Akihabara in 2010. Worldlines in which that never happens (like the Omega Worldline) have a negative divergence value.

However, at the same time, if Okabe never gains Reading Steiner, then he could never have built the divergence meter in the first place, and thus divergence wouldn't be measurable, which creates a paradox.

Thus, the timeline protection conjecture (I think that's what it was called) forces Okabe to manifest Reading Steiner in some form in every worldline.
Behold! The way is clear! We're free! I, the mad scientist, Hououin Kyouma, have triumphed under a twofold assault, from SERN and the Organization, by twisting the very fundamentals of time and space! The world as we know it has been put to rights, and a future of chaos awaits us. This, my friends, is the choice of Steins;Gate!
Dec 22, 2014 7:47 PM
Dec 2014
Ahh you're correct. I forgot about the Divergence Meter. The Divergence Meter, however, is subjective right?
Dec 23, 2014 6:32 PM
Aug 2014
The whole point of the Divergence Meter is to measure the change in worldline from the original point of Divergence (in this case, the invention of the Time Machine in Akihabara)

However, like any human measuring system, it is subjective, to a point. Events that alter the timeline that happen after the summer of 2010 create a positive divergence, while events that alter the timeline before then *should* create a negative divergence (if it is significant enough to alter the timeline dramatically).

Ruka's D-mail, while timeline altering from a point before the time machine was invented, did not alter the worldline as much as the D-mail sent in Faris' ending, which is likely the explanation for the difference.
Dec 24, 2014 12:05 AM
Dec 2014
Nibelungen said:
However, like any human measuring system, it is subjective, to a point. Events that alter the timeline that happen after the summer of 2010 create a positive divergence, while events that alter the timeline before then *should* create a negative divergence (if it is significant enough to alter the timeline dramatically).

Your explanation makes sense. I find it entertaining that Ruka might actually be a girl in original worldline because its divergence number is closer to the original.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Sep 13, 2011

1828 by Ronin_4011 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Activelee - Aug 16, 2011

485 by Ronin_4011 »»
Today, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Sep 6, 2011

685 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 28, 9:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Oosran - Apr 19, 2011

260 by OmBerry12_Bleach »»
Apr 24, 11:01 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LadyOrihime - Aug 30, 2011

805 by Nemesis133 »»
Apr 24, 8:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.