Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 29, 2007 1:09 AM

Apr 2007
it would be nice to have my anime list as a service (for example for bloggers who want to put their list on their blogs and format it as they like) - i mean to have some kind of API, something like (for example) php-interface that duplicates functionality of one's anime list page.

something like function GetMyList() that returns array with fields like "Anime Title", "Score", "Type"... etc (with variants like GetMyList("Anime Title") that returns only titles etc).

is this possible to do?
Apr 29, 2007 1:29 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
At this time, something like that isn't available. I'm not against implementing it though, that's for sure. I honestly haven't much of an idea of how to create something like that though. I'd need to do some research on setting up PHP API's.
Apr 29, 2007 5:44 AM

Apr 2007
I honestly haven't much of an idea of how to create something like that though

neither do i :-)

just found a nice introduction http://particletree.com/features/how-to-add-an-api-to-your-web-service/

export already has some functionality needed, it's like function that returns my list in xml, but it would be more useful if it were arranged as, say, direct link e.g. someone.myanimelist.net/getmylist, which checks the user's identity and returns the requested xml data (not always the whole list, it can be field or some other simple query).
minus-oneApr 29, 2007 8:54 AM
Apr 30, 2007 9:18 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
The xml output might be the best solution until I get "a lot" of free time to write an API. =D

Thanks for the link, looks pretty detailed.
May 3, 2007 8:16 AM

Apr 2007
it's no rush ;) (just a suggestion)...take your time (meanwhile one can always write an html(xml)-parser) - and thank you for such a great place ^__^
minus-oneMay 4, 2007 7:31 AM

More topics from this board

» An option to hide Explicit Genres from anime/manga list

animegamer245 - Today

2 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Today, 7:18 AM

» Add an option to view (and display) ratings with a 5 star scale (allowing half stars)

Bergioyn - May 6

3 by Bergioyn »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

» New category for manga lists

Aristotle417 - Yesterday

0 by Aristotle417 »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM

» forum rules and blogs

leyaf - May 5

3 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
Yesterday, 1:03 AM

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

4 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
Yesterday, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.