Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 26, 2014 10:04 PM

Nov 2014
Not sure how many people still remember this but a long time ago in the battle of fairy tail arc where laxus tries to take over the guild a fried sets a rune that limits anyone over 80 years of age or stone statues from leaving the guild, natsu and gajeel were unable to go through this rune.

So immediately you're lead to believe that maybe its dragon slayer related. when i started the show i thought that maybe because dragon slayers transform part of their bodies into those parts of a dragon that perhaps those parts of a dragon had to come from a dragon so maybe that made their body to appear the age of the dragon

But now that natsu has met zeref on tenrou island and we've seen eclipse ive thought of a couple other possibilities.

When natsu sees zeref for the first time in the story its on tenrou island but the strange part of this meeting is that it isn't their first meeting, atleast according to zeref its not. AT some point in the past natsu and zeref met and its not specified whether they battle or what but its said that natsu is the only one who can destroy him which would probably mean he beat him in the past and we also can pretty much assume the perosn who taught zeref the value of a life all those years ago was natsu.

Soooooo even if it wasn't natsu who taught him we know that at some point natsu goes into the past and meets zeref, basically the only way to explain why zeref knows natsu but natsu doesnt know zeref unless its something boring like memory magic but thatd make for a bad story so forget i said that.

So perhaps since natsu existed in the past at some point it makes the runes believe hes actually a much older age.

Other theory that could go hand in hand with natsu going to the past and meeting zeref and explain the 80 years or older thing is if natsu was born in the past and at some point sent forward and thats when he met igneel.

It could make sense why natsus parents never showed up trying to be like whys a dragon raising our child if they lived in a different time. dont get me wrong there are easier ways to explain inattentive parents without them being stuck in a different time, but theres gotta be some explanation for why gajeel and natsu were said to be over 80.

also even tho i didnt say it gajeel would go back in the past with natsu or be born from the past with natsu as well.

There was a time when i thought that the reason gajeel and natsu were over 80 and the reason no one could find their dragons was because gajeel natsu and wendy were all from the past and at some point their dragons sent them into the future. but igneel was inside natsu so that probably messes with that theory in one way or another unless igneel sent him forward with him inside of him.

anyway what do you guys think any other theories of why they might be 80 years old without them being 80 years old
Nov 27, 2014 9:16 AM

Apr 2008
bromains said:
but igneel was inside natsu

this.
Natsu isn't over 80 years old, Igneel is. And that's why he couldn't pass the runes. And the same applies on Gajeel. Since Metalicana is propably inside him, he couldn't pass the runes.
Dec 4, 2014 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
makes sense wonder if igneel will be able to handle acnologia alone or if the other dragons will need to come out.
Dec 8, 2014 2:21 PM

Nov 2014
SirJim said:
bromains said:
but igneel was inside natsu

this.
Natsu isn't over 80 years old, Igneel is. And that's why he couldn't pass the runes. And the same applies on Gajeel. Since Metalicana is propably inside him, he couldn't pass the runes.

now that we know metallicana wasnt in gajeel we know this isnt why.
May 18, 2016 10:56 AM
May 2014
natsu is 80 because zerf created him 80 years ago to kill zerf. gajeel isnt 80 because he had nothing to do with zerf. i think natsu was created 80 years ago but stayed in staysis when he was a child so after 80 years zerf let natsu out of staysis and introduced natsu to igneel in order to become a dragon slayer. thats my theroy
May 18, 2016 9:51 PM

Mar 2014
jdogzero said:
natsu is 80 because zerf created him 80 years ago to kill zerf. gajeel isnt 80 because he had nothing to do with zerf. i think natsu was created 80 years ago but stayed in staysis when he was a child so after 80 years zerf let natsu out of staysis and introduced natsu to igneel in order to become a dragon slayer. thats my theroy
The answer has been revealed in the manga for ages now.
Jun 9, 2016 12:18 PM

Aug 2015
jdogzero said:

It's been revealed that all the dragon slayers are over 400 years old. They were sent into the future as kids using the eclipse
Oct 3, 2016 12:29 AM
Sep 2016
It was revealed that all five dragon slayers (Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, and Rogue) were born 400 years ago, after their dragons used their dragon soul magic to reside inside the children they jumped 400 years into the future to defeat Acnologia by restoring their weakening strength. However that does not change the fact that those dragon slayers were born 400 years in the past! Sure the were still young kids after they time jumped through the eclipse gate but, it does not change their time of birth, they didn't erase those 400 hundred years they just skipped ahead. Therefore Natsu and Gajeel (as well as the other 3) are technically over 80 according to there time of birth. I'm a little tired of people saying that Natsu and Gajeel couldn't pass through the Freed's spell because of the dragons inside of them. It's true that Igneel and the other dragons are most likely over 80 but that doesn't change the fact that even though they inhabit the same body, the dragons and the dragon slayers are to different beings. Freed's magic is very specific (it has to be otherwise people will fined holes in the rules and fined ways to bend them) it clearly states "No statue nor person over the age of 80 gets out!" emphasis on the word "PERSON" Igneel and Metalicana are still dragons (AKA not a person) even if they are inside of Natsu and Gajeel. So that means that the rule applies any HUMAN that is over 80, and I know that Natsu is not human however his body is! Zeref used the body of Natsu after he died in order to resurrect him and create E.N.D. You can even google it, and it will give you the same answer, I Googled this myself exactly "how old is Natsu".
So even if Natsu and the other dragon slayers are not mentally 80 there physical bodys are more than 80 years old and are human. (With the exception of Natsu being a demon but his body was originally human) So it's not because of Igneel and Metalicana that Natsu and Gajeel were not able past through Freed's spell. ;)
AnotherOtaku48Oct 3, 2016 12:33 AM
Oct 28, 2016 6:42 AM

Nov 2014
Catriniya27 said:
It was revealed that all five dragon slayers (Natsu, Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, and Rogue) were born 400 years ago, after their dragons used their dragon soul magic to reside inside the children they jumped 400 years into the future to defeat Acnologia by restoring their weakening strength. However that does not change the fact that those dragon slayers were born 400 years in the past! Sure the were still young kids after they time jumped through the eclipse gate but, it does not change their time of birth, they didn't erase those 400 hundred years they just skipped ahead. Therefore Natsu and Gajeel (as well as the other 3) are technically over 80 according to there time of birth. I'm a little tired of people saying that Natsu and Gajeel couldn't pass through the Freed's spell because of the dragons inside of them. It's true that Igneel and the other dragons are most likely over 80 but that doesn't change the fact that even though they inhabit the same body, the dragons and the dragon slayers are to different beings. Freed's magic is very specific (it has to be otherwise people will fined holes in the rules and fined ways to bend them) it clearly states "No statue nor person over the age of 80 gets out!" emphasis on the word "PERSON" Igneel and Metalicana are still dragons (AKA not a person) even if they are inside of Natsu and Gajeel. So that means that the rule applies any HUMAN that is over 80, and I know that Natsu is not human however his body is! Zeref used the body of Natsu after he died in order to resurrect him and create E.N.D. You can even google it, and it will give you the same answer, I Googled this myself exactly "how old is Natsu".
So even if Natsu and the other dragon slayers are not mentally 80 there physical bodys are more than 80 years old and are human. (With the exception of Natsu being a demon but his body was originally human) So it's not because of Igneel and Metalicana that Natsu and Gajeel were not able past through Freed's spell. ;)

um if you look this was posted 2 years ago way before anything of the sort was revealed.
Dec 8, 2016 1:00 PM
Dec 2016
its was revealed that all 5 of the first gen of dragon slayers came from 400 years in the past so that would make each of them over 400 years old. also the other reason the dragons enter the dragon slayers after there training was for the fact acnologia was a human at one point over used his power and turn in to a dragon and became pure evil so the whole purpose was to enter bodies dragon slayers bodies was not only to recover there power but also to help the dragon slayers become immune from dragon transformation to make sure another acnologia does not appear.
reaperofsoulDec 8, 2016 1:14 PM
Jan 20, 2017 9:41 AM
Dec 2016
*SPOILER I don't know why nobody has mentiont it yet but if we overlook natsu and gajeel's fysicial age then They are in gajeel's case let's say 17 + 400 + 7 but that is not what I want to say , what I want to say is that all the dragonslayors are from 400 years ago but the fact that natsu had been dead doesn't change his birth Year if freed's magic counts time travelling as aging then dying will be counting to but by the time natsu was resurected zeref had been cursed and he was already tired of living for that major change and dificult science experiments to happen at least 100 years must have past and acording tartaros is end the one who created the quild . Althouch natsu is human I think he literlay has a difrent side of him the demon end and since demons do not age is it likely that end doesn't either in his demon form . My quess is that when he was revived end woke up not natsu that is probably also how igneel met natsu in the dragon king festival wich would explain the wall painting with natsu's scarf . I think igneel saw something human in natsu in that festival . But in any case if he did not age in that time period than natsu could be over 600 years old
Mar 19, 2017 2:07 PM
Mar 2017
First of all, Gajeel is not actually over 80 years old. Both he and Natsu as well as Wendy, Sting, and Rogue were kids trained by dragons over 400 years ago. Afterwards they traveled through time in the Eclipse to the year X777 when the dragons all 'disappeared'. However, Natsu actually was killed by dragons over 400 years ago with his parents. Zeref, wanting to see his own little brother again, tapped into forbidden magic and gained the Curse of Contradiction by Ankhseram. He used the preserved body of Natsu (inside a lacrima) and made him his so called "masterpiece" in all the Books of Zeref. Therefore, Natsu is actually over 400 years old and is the strongest demon in the Books of Zeref, E.N.D. (Etherious Natsu Dragneel).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 294 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

azeriraz - Aug 3, 2012

121 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 292 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kaeji - Jul 12, 2012

112 by aoo-kun »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 291 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

VK11 - Jul 12, 2012

201 by aoo-kun »»
May 4, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 287 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zhou - Jun 15, 2012

96 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 285 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IchiroEX - Jun 1, 2012

84 by aoo-kun »»
May 2, 6:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.