Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 14, 2014 10:21 PM

Dec 2009
I was wondering if you people had some trans headcanons (as in, you imagine a character being trans even though it has not necessarily been stated in their canon story) to share.

One of mine is Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club being genderfluid, which could explain their line about "not caring about being seen as male or female" or something like that. I tried rewatching the anime this summer and was really disappointed to see how many times the male characters keep reminding us that "omg Haruhi is a girl" or "Haruhi, shouldn't do that, she's a girl!". All the stereotypes... Just, urgh. But I love Haruhi as a character.

Also, I like to think that Kou from Free! is a trans girl, and reacts negatively to being called Gou (which is usually a masculine name) because of that.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 17, 2014 4:47 PM

Aug 2010
Ah, I actually like that Haruhi's parent is trans...I believe, I actually only read a bit of the manga, but from what I gather, their parent is trans, being both their mother and their father...in a way.

I headcanon Naoto from Persona4 to be trans actually, I like the thought of it at least.

I do like that one of my headcanons is actual canon. Hanji from Shingeki no Kyojin/Attack on Titan is actually canon trans/non-binary/genderless and I love that about them.
Nov 18, 2014 2:23 AM

Aug 2010
Oops, I'm watching Digimon and Birdramon digivoded and it looks like a male bird person. They said it was still a she, but let me just headcanon them as being transmale.
Nov 19, 2014 8:27 AM

Dec 2009
Well, in canon, it says that Haruhi's father is a drag queen (but he's canonly bisexual), but I like the idea of picturing them as trans or non-binary. I kind of dislike the way that their gender-noncomformity is played as a joke in canon, though :/
Nov 20, 2014 3:43 PM

Aug 2010
Ah....is it? I didn't get very far in the series so I didn't know;;
That sucks though. ):
I always thought of them as trans.
Sep 19, 2015 8:55 AM
Feb 2015
this is old i know, but i headcanon Matt from death note as a trans boy. Even if he only appears it in for like 2 minutes *shrugs*.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Transpeople in Anime/Manga

Contiom - Jan 14, 2015

4 by Chouninatte »»
Apr 1, 2015 3:47 PM

» Member Introductions

Sebastos - Jul 30, 2014

13 by Mukkura »»
Feb 19, 2015 10:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.