Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2014 4:11 PM

Sep 2014
Hello, and welcome to The Lair of the White Dragon!

I'm not exactly new here, but it seems I forgot to do this introduction, so I'll rectify my mistake right here and now.

*clears throat*

Hi! I'm Playbahnosh, I'm 29, I'm from Hungary, and I like anime! I've been watching anime on and off for the past decade and a half, and I'm not planning on stopping any time soon. I tried to get into manga too, but it didn't really work out. The only tankōbon I have is the first volume of Naruto, I got it as a gift, but I didn't even managed to finish it. I never got into comic books or manga as a kid, it was either real books/novels or cartoons/anime. I loved animation ever since forever, but as time passed I drew closer to anime. Mainly because anime had way more substance to them than western cartoons and animations, which look and feel shallow and cheesy in comparison. Aside from what was on TV (which was no much aside from Dragon Ball/Z and Pokemon) the first ever anime I watched from beginning to end was Samurai 7, and I couldn't have asked for a better introduction to the world of anime, than the legendary Akira Kurosawa's masterpiece. It all snowballed from there...

I'm not really picky about genres in general, my only condition is, that it has to have substance. An anime either has to make me think or feel something, or I'm not interested. (But if I have to pick a genre, it's gotta be sci-fi, and many anime does sci-fi pretty damn well.) The other thing is, I like smart anime. I've been reviewing games, movies and other types of entertainment for a really long time, so I've been desensitized to the entire spectrum of tropes and cheap narrative tools. But I'm a sucker for good stories, immersion and inventive technical and visual flair. Anything and everything that can break through my long-cultivated wall of jaded cynicism and professional disconnect,. Something, that can turn off my "reviewer reflexes" and make me forget I'm watching a piece of entertainment media. something with real immersion.

I'm glad to see there is a really active community here, with many people having a real love and interest towards the medium. I even wrote a few short reviews here myself, but I have to admit, I've been mainly doing video game and movie reviews so far, so reviewing anime is a new thing for me. The ones I posted here were mostly universally hated and ridiculed from what I could tell by the "helpful/not helpful" ratings and comments on my profile page. I'm not giving up, though, and I welcome criticism, especially from the constructive kind.

Other than all this, I'm quite sociable and sometimes even a nice person, I'm always open for a chat, so feel free to message me about anything and everything you wanna talk about ^_^
"You know, when people make you feel angry or sad, it's usually because it matters to you what they think. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. Face it, if you didn't care about what they thought, you wouldn't hate them..." ~Planetes
Oct 29, 2014 4:14 PM

Jun 2014
Hello playbahnosh
sorry TL;DR
Oct 29, 2014 4:55 PM

Jun 2014
Welcome to MAL.
Oct 29, 2014 5:02 PM

Sep 2014
Welcome and enjoy your stay here :'D
Oct 29, 2014 5:05 PM

Oct 2014
nice to meet you
I have a great number of 単行本〜
Oct 29, 2014 5:44 PM

Oct 2014
YEAH FORGET THE "WESTERN CARTOONS" *throws t.v. out window* ANIME FOR LIFE. *Door opens*
Police: PUT YOUR HANDS UP YOU OTAKU
YOU'LL NEVER GET ME ALIVE *jumps out window*
"Sunset is a beginning, a middle, and an end. Nothing is more beautiful than listening to music with it."
"I am civilized and logical... HAHAHAHAHA. 3 seconds with a straight face. New Record."

Oct 29, 2014 8:16 PM

Feb 2010
I havent read your reviews (yet) but i like that you will keep trying to do better :) good luck and welcome to MAL
Oct 29, 2014 8:30 PM
Jul 2018
This... is a really long intro O - O
TL;DR?

Anyway welcome, lad!! (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
Oct 29, 2014 8:56 PM

May 2012
Üdvözlet!
Your introduction is one of the best I read on MAL, my friend.
I read all of it because I am not a lazy person who can't read anything.
I hope you enjoy your stay :)
----------------------------------------------------------------
peace | paz | pace | paix
fred| friede | friður | vrede
мир | mir | mír | miers | pokój
keamanan | kedamaian | kapayapaan | ความสงบ
امن | صلح | سلام | barış
अमन | 和平 | 平和 | 평화
rauha | béke | taika
Oct 29, 2014 9:02 PM

Aug 2014
Welcome to MAL! ( ゚▽゚)/
Oct 30, 2014 3:22 AM

Aug 2013
What a long read.
Welcome new one, welcome.

Oct 30, 2014 5:10 AM

Jan 2012
the longest introduction i saw on mal for a while

welcome Playbahnosh

Oct 30, 2014 5:12 AM

Apr 2014
Welcome to MAL! ( ・ω・)
Enjoy your stay! ~~

looket all them demons
oh boy am i scared
i better run

Oct 30, 2014 6:33 AM

Oct 2013
That's quite an intro!
Welcome and enjoy your stay!
Oct 30, 2014 6:44 AM

Oct 2014
Longplay. but nice introduction.
Welcome..
When you Hit your Opponent to The air, It's time for an Air Combos !
Hey Dude ! Check out My Profile!
Oct 30, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2014
ありがとう、みんな! (^-^)*

I feel very welcome!
Although it's kind of odd to see many people mentioned how long and TL;DR my post is. It's not, that I wanted to write a novel, It's just, I wanted to make a good impression and tell a bit about myself, but I didn't mean to trouble anyone,honest...
"You know, when people make you feel angry or sad, it's usually because it matters to you what they think. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. Face it, if you didn't care about what they thought, you wouldn't hate them..." ~Planetes

More topics from this board

» Hello everyone!

Palash_6 - Apr 24

30 by ingridguerci94 »»
2 hours ago

» hihi!!

aniiaya - Yesterday

7 by MeguSae38 »»
Today, 2:40 AM

» introduce my activity

loligoth666 - Apr 22

10 by loligoth666 »»
Yesterday, 8:06 AM

» Hi everyone

fdasfdsadsa - Apr 23

5 by YanYan »»
Yesterday, 7:48 AM

» no longer lurking, always happy to befriend somebody!

not-perfect - Apr 23

12 by YanYan »»
Yesterday, 7:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.