Forum Settings
Forums
New
Ehergeiz or F.F. VII?
Nov 7, 2009 5:30 PM

Nov 2008
Its been awhile since I posted anything here. So, I went to a game store the other day, right? I ended up finding some INTERESTING games: one copy of Ehrgeiz for $25.00 and a LOT of F.F. VII games for $30.00 [the ORIGINAL F.F. VII for P.S. people!]. I decided to get the Ehrgeiz since it was the only one there, you know? But then I started thinking... am I making the biggest video game mistake in my life [maybe in history] or was it a good buy?

Personally, I thought Ehrgeiz was a good buy; what with Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa, Zack, Vincent, and Yuffie playable [and being the only other fighting game where F.F. characters are INTENTIONALLY playable]. But then I thought "man... I'm passing F.F. VII for God's sake! What kind of idiot am I"?! So, to all your opinions... just what game do you all think is the better buy and why?
Zakuro Fujiwara's ABSOLUTE #1 FAN (DIBS X INFINITY X THE EARTH X THE UNIVERSE X THE GALAXY X SOLAR SYSTEM X HELL X SATAN X ANTICHRIST X HEAVEN X JESUS X GOD X CHUCK NORRIS, I WIN, SO BLEH!:-p)!!!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 8, 2009 4:12 PM

Apr 2008
Getting them both would be the best choice, but if you could only get one then it was good to get the only copy on Ehrgeiz since it might not be there when you go back to the store. Of course in terms of plot and gameplay I like FFVII way more. Just go back and get it too, then you'll have 2 great games. :D
Fantasy Bit: Links to all my sites and the sites I joined. Games, fanfiction, fanart, blog, forums and more.
Nov 9, 2009 5:23 PM

Nov 2008
That's what I was attempting to do, I used up a lot of cash after buying Sims 2 on PS2 one week at a different store. It only was $15.00 but was nothing like I thought it would have been, the major thing was that the store policy had changed that week and there was no money back garanty. So in other words, I ended up only being able to use store credit; so I ended up trading them in for a copy of King of Fighters 2002 & 2003 for the Xbox [original], Shinobi, and some Gundam game for the PS1.

Currently, I am hoping I have enough money for F.F.VII. I recently was asked to buy Pokemon Platinum from my ex-girlfriend and couldn't pass the offer. So, I'll end up even more broke than when I started. I don't currently have a job so I am kinda screwed at the moment. So it looks like I'll have to wait a while and see just how much money I have before jumping back in to seeing if I can still get a chance at a cheap F.F..VII.

To tell you the truth though, I was tempted to buy a classic PS1 [the smaller one]. Those things are EASY to hack; all you need is a burned rom on a disk, and a PS1 disk. You pop the PS1 disk in the Playstation then play it to the point of the "Playstation" screen, as soon as that screen pulls up you emidiately swap the disk with the burned disk, simple, right? All I would have needed was a rom of F.F, VII and Ehrgeiz and BAM! I would have had both.

Anyways, I agree wiith you, Mikari, and that is indeed what I did; I bought Ehrgeiz since it was the only copy [I also happend to buy Soul Blade (the original Soul Calibur before the "Calibur")]. I managed to get all the hidden characters and costumes due to an old PS1 Gameshark that I happend to have.

Here is an Ehrgeiz related question, doesn't Django's alternate red coloring make him look kinda like Red XIII? I also happend to stumble upon the Turk Vincent. I currently kinda enjoy playing it, what with Cloud, Sephiroth, Tifa [I always seem to play as her!], Vincent, Yuffie, and Zack in it. I LOVE being able to play as a wolf, either as Django [the REAL wolf, even though he seems more like a lion; he roars alot, and to me just has a bit more of a lion's presscence don't you think? Hence why he would look alot like Red XIII in his alternate red coloring] and of course, Jo the "Wolf Girl" [of course whenever I think "wolf-girl" I think of Zakuro Fujiwara from Tokyo Mew Mew (my fav. character!)... never thought that they could have meant a girl who shape-shifts into a literal wolf]. I also am fond that you can use the Omni-slash as Cloud or Zack, but have no current clue as to how. I think the game was a decent buy.
Ginokami428Nov 9, 2009 5:32 PM
Zakuro Fujiwara's ABSOLUTE #1 FAN (DIBS X INFINITY X THE EARTH X THE UNIVERSE X THE GALAXY X SOLAR SYSTEM X HELL X SATAN X ANTICHRIST X HEAVEN X JESUS X GOD X CHUCK NORRIS, I WIN, SO BLEH!:-p)!!!
Nov 9, 2009 9:02 PM

Apr 2008
The dilemma of having a job is that you won't have time to play if you did so loook on the bright side, you have time to enjoy what games you have. :D

I sent you a pm about.. something. XD

It does, he just needs to tie his hair Nanaki style, add some feathers and accessories, and the flame. :D

Have fun!
Fantasy Bit: Links to all my sites and the sites I joined. Games, fanfiction, fanart, blog, forums and more.
Nov 10, 2009 4:55 AM

Nov 2008
I will![By the way, thanks for the link. I have an account on Coolroms, but they are pissing me of because they never gave me my account activation code.] By the way, did you happen to message Anaraine about jumping in the RP?
Nov 10, 2009 8:29 AM

Apr 2008
You're welcome.

I haven't messaged anyone lately. It's getting quiet though so a message would be a good idea.

Edit: Okay I sent the message.
MikariStarNov 11, 2009 9:02 AM
Nov 13, 2009 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
Remember how I was going to buy Pokemon Platinum from my ex? She decided she wanted to sell it at normal price [$35.00] Great news for me, though! I have enough money to buy F.F. VII now [at least at the store that was selling it $30.00]! So... now I'll "FINALly" have the VII in my possession! Time to get my Gameshark in gear to try to play as Sephi!
Ginokami428Nov 13, 2009 1:38 PM
Nov 14, 2009 8:53 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome! :D
Nov 14, 2009 2:54 PM

Nov 2008
Final Fantasy VII is finally mine! Just bought it today, I'm looking up Gameshark codes to see what I can do with it. I already have a "control Sephiroth" code, so now I am looking for one to put him in the party!

By the way, the "spoiler" thing worked, I was curious on how to do a "spoiler button" type of spoiler for my images though.
Nov 15, 2009 11:27 AM

Apr 2008
Awesome! Have fun! :D

You mean change the way the spoiler button looks? I don't think we can do that, if it was XHTML, CCS or JS I could easily do it, but this is only BBC so it's pretty limited, that's the only code that will work on the forum.
Feb 14, 2021 9:34 PM
Dec 2017
I would like to try ehrgeiz out someday.

Jun 7, 2023 4:52 PM

Apr 2023
both easily both i really like.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Favorite FFVII Character. ( 1 2 )

serpensortia - Aug 29, 2009

99 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:01 PM

Poll: » Your favorite FF music. Restart. ( 1 2 3 )

Tenno_Seremel - Mar 11, 2009

143 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 5:01 PM

» Favorite FFVII+ quote?

serpensortia - Sep 29, 2009

17 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Who is your favorite Soldier? ( 1 2 3 4 )

MikariStar - Sep 4, 2008

187 by Itzmespooky »»
Jun 7, 2023 4:52 PM

» Musical Chairs (character voting game) Continued! ( 1 2 )

MikariStar - Feb 4, 2012

93 by Ginokami428 »»
Jan 5, 2014 10:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.