Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Nov 7, 2014 7:51 PM

Apr 2014
That is why I try to avoid games with dice luck is never in my favour and that showed it going out on a double 6 hurts. oh well weapon wise it was never going to go well.
Nov 8, 2014 12:06 AM

Dec 2012
Well.. my shurikens have allready killed 2 people so far, so I have faith ^^
Nov 8, 2014 12:55 AM

May 2013
Epilogue

Who is the winner? What happened? Watch the video:

Use Headphones, and set the volume high for better experience

Most Valuable Player: Despite his unfortunate death due to one day inactivity, Cloud was the best player in the game, if you want to know why, just look at one of his moves:

Special mention to Suzune-chan on this one too, who though of very interesting moves near the end of the game.

Most unlucky player: This one is a hard one, since many of you were unlucky, but going through all the events, Frozenbeast is the most unlucky player, he was able to hit with the katana only one time in like 5 tries, and not only that, but he had his katana destroyed too, not counting all the surprise attacks he suffered.

Most lucky player: There were none, every phase one was lucky, and others that were unlucky, overall, it was balanced out in the end somehow.

Best systematic player: Bryn was able to use the systematic of the game flawlessly, managing to almost kill shadow with no damage, if it weren't for the fail surprise attack, and use of a stun gun saving Shadow in the last minute.

The killer player: Zymf was the first to actively kill someone, and also his play style was calm and strategic in order to rid of the other players, his last move was well calculated, considering Chione moviments, the chances of him failing were at 16,6%.

I considered this game a beta version, however by the numbers of things to improve it's definitely on alpha.
I would really appreciate a feedback on the game, and what did you thought of playing a RPG based game on the club..

Special thanks to Crowlage that made most of the narration even if he was in the middle of class.
Also thanks to grave, for helping making this game possible, without her this would never see the light of day.

And Finally, Thank you very much for playing!!

All items: http://imgur.com/a/7mlpv#0
All Roles: http://imgur.com/a/N5qR4
VerumirNov 8, 2014 1:18 AM
Nov 8, 2014 1:38 AM

Jun 2014
gj to the winner.
Nov 8, 2014 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
NOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOoOOO!!!

That ending though.. it was actually really touching <3
Nov 8, 2014 2:03 AM

Dec 2013
Verumir said:
Best systematic player: Bryn was able to use the systematic of the game flawlessly, managing to almost kill shadow with no damage, if it weren't for the fail surprise attack, and use of a stun gun saving Shadow in the last minute.

Nov 8, 2014 2:36 AM

Dec 2012
Verumir said:
I considered this game a beta version, however by the numbers of things to improve it's definitely on alpha.
I would really appreciate a feedback on the game, and what did you thought of playing a RPG based game on the club..
I think this game was awesome! But there are certain things that I'd like changed:

Bluffing and surprise attacks
First of all, I think the bluffing and the surprise attacks were a bit confusing and I think there should be some very clear rules as to when and how you bluff/surprise attack.

I think it would be better if all movements and actions is posted in the thread. If you want to attack someone, you should use the command "Execute attack" and then send the attack in a PM.

My last movement was: "Move next to Niida, so that I'm standing 1 square away from him" - I don't think this sort of movement should be allowed. I should have calculated his movements instead and then moved like normal.

Weapons
I had 10 shurikens and, even though I used them all the time, I don't think I even used half of them. I think weapons with limited ammo should either be:
- Limited even further to like 1, 2 or 3 shots total
- Or the shots should be less effective. In return the players should then be able to use several at once.

Weapons without ammo, such as the Katana or the whip, should have a much shorter range (max 2), but in return they should be very effective (like 5-6 damage)!

PM's
In the later half of the game, I started sending PM's to both mycoolboo and Jackrito. This wasn't against the rules, and I think this should be made clear so that more people could take advantage of it.. Or maybe you should just forbid it? I'm not really sure what would be better in this game :/

Alliances
Not really needed I think. If people want to work together, they should either post in this thread or figure out who their ally is so that they can send PM's themselves.

Voting
I don't think voting was used very often in this game, which I think was a shame.. I think you should change the rules, so that not 50% of the players would have to agree on 1 option. As long as one option has more votes than the other, it should be enough..

Map
I think that some rules should be made about the map, such as:
- Houses: Can be used for hiding. Only enemies within the house can reach you and your location won't be shown on the map.
- Water: Slows you down. Each square of water takes 2 movements to cross
- Woods: Can be used for hiding, but slows you down. Ranged attacks won't reach you. Each square of woods takes 2 movements to cross.

Layout
The videos and the pictures was awesome and the colorfull text was also nice ^^
But I still think the layout could have been a little better..

Half of the rules was explained in the OP and the other half was explained on page 6 just before the "Day phase 1"-post. This was also because of the tutorial of course..

Anyways, thanks for hosting Verumir and Crowlage! I hope this helps ^^
Nov 8, 2014 4:56 AM
Aug 2014
Congrats Chione you were my pick after I died kinda disappointed that I lost but once hiding was disabled my special ability was gone so I was kinda handicapped
Nov 8, 2014 6:57 AM

May 2013
I was here trying to make effort not to reveal the winner, to everyone see the video, I guess that was down the drain hehe.

Zymf said:

Bluffing and surprise attacks
First of all, I think the bluffing and the surprise attacks were a bit confusing and I think there should be some very clear rules as to when and how you bluff/surprise attack.

I think it would be better if all movements and actions is posted in the thread. If you want to attack someone, you should use the command "Execute attack" and then send the attack in a PM.

The bluff was actually simple, since the PM's took priority, and during the day you were only allowed to send if it was in a fight, though towards the special phase I allowed it anyway.

My last movement was: "Move next to Niida, so that I'm standing 1 square away from him" - I don't think this sort of movement should be allowed. I should have calculated his movements instead and then moved like normal.

Yes I agree, but I couldn't say no when I allowed similar movements to other players, unless they were too much.

Weapons
I had 10 shurikens and, even though I used them all the time, I don't think I even used half of them. I think weapons with limited ammo should either be:
- Limited even further to like 1, 2 or 3 shots total
- Or the shots should be less effective. In return the players should then be able to use several at once.

Weapons without ammo, such as the Katana or the whip, should have a much shorter range (max 2), but in return they should be very effective (like 5-6 damage)!

I also agree, they were mostly arbitrary numbers, so my bad on this one.

PM's
In the later half of the game, I started sending PM's to both mycoolboo and Jackrito. This wasn't against the rules, and I think this should be made clear so that more people could take advantage of it.. Or maybe you should just forbid it? I'm not really sure what would be better in this game :/

I did not know of that, otherwise I would not have allowed, I said when you made an alliance that I would intermediate any conversations, though, I never stated it clear because I thought it was a basic role to any game, should have thought of this.

Voting
I don't think voting was used very often in this game, which I think was a shame.. I think you should change the rules, so that not 50% of the players would have to agree on 1 option. As long as one option has more votes than the other, it should be enough..

I changed to that it didn't really worked, it's improbable that I would do another free for all game soon, but I'll keep this on mind.

Half of the rules was explained in the OP and the other half was explained on page 6 just before the "Day phase 1"-post. This was also because of the tutorial of course..

Yeah, I didn't had time to put everything explained, and there were things that was properly explains only half way through the game, because the game 9 was near it's end I was pressured to start this one, not that anyone did it(on the contrary), it was just me.

Anyways, thanks for hosting Verumir and Crowlage! I hope this helps ^^

Yes, this helps a lot thank you very much for the feedback.
VerumirNov 8, 2014 7:20 AM
Nov 8, 2014 10:43 AM

Jan 2014
Oh wow, that video o.O
It was so well written! I love it!
I was just thinking: OMG, NAKAGAWAAAA!
Ah well, but: JAY! I WON!

Thank you, Veru and Crow. The game was awesome.
Nov 8, 2014 11:27 AM

Nov 2013
Oh man I have an awesome idea for what to do next game.

gg guys really fun game!
[

Nov 8, 2014 11:37 AM

Nov 2013
@ver who made the maps?
[

Nov 8, 2014 12:45 PM

Sep 2013
Lol Epic End. GG Chione! (°-°)/

Though, I was supporting the evil unicorn. =(

Amazing job Veru-chan! <3
Once an alt always an alt! | ( ˇ෴ˇ ) | I ♥ Music
Nov 8, 2014 2:46 PM

Jun 2009
Thanks for all the hard work you did on this game Ver~

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Nov 8, 2014 7:13 PM
Aug 2014
Maybe next game if you disable a ability it dosnt also takes someone special ability away
Nov 9, 2014 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
Oh this game is over now. Congrats Chione! ^^

Although I really wish I had checked Mal in that day. Ah well.

Good job Veru for this game. Will you be doing anymore RPG games in future?
Nov 9, 2014 7:33 AM

May 2013
cloud2313 said:
Good job Veru for this game. Will you be doing anymore RPG games in future?

Yes, but don't expect something in the near future, as I'll be very busy in the next month or so. This experience will definitely help me to make something better.

LoveandHate91 said:
Maybe next game if you disable a ability it dosnt also takes someone special ability away

Yes, but it was either that or kill everyone, abilities was the most unused part for everyone, with the exception of the lovers.

FrozenBeast said:
@ver who made the maps?

There was only one map, and I took it here and adapted it.
VerumirNov 9, 2014 7:40 AM
Nov 9, 2014 8:17 AM

Mar 2010
GG guys. gj Verumir!
Nov 9, 2014 10:58 AM

Aug 2014
Good job Verumir:)
I've learn so much from the people who don't exist.

Nov 9, 2014 2:32 PM
Aug 2014
Well when your ability starts you with a starting weapon more health or bullet proof armor I would have used that better then hiding especially when I couldn't use it anymore
Nov 9, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2014
LoveandHate91 said:
Well when your ability starts you with a starting weapon more health or bullet proof armor I would have used that better then hiding especially when I couldn't use it anymore

Yes, I understand your frustration LoveandHate and we should of took your special ability into account before deciding how to go about the rest of the game. If anything you did deserve an add-on or something to have in reparation on your role for excluding that.

I do want to apologize for that even though it doesn't mean much now that the game is finished. This was a beta game and there were countless mistakes but we did not intentionally mean to handicap you.

This was an error and our faults and mainly my own for not catching this as Ver was far more busy then I was.
Nov 9, 2014 5:52 PM
Aug 2014
Its ok i was just saying once a new game like this is made just check that to see if anyone may get handicapped
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.