Forum Settings
Forums
Oct 25, 2014 11:29 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 7
love Army of The Pharaohs
 
Oct 25, 2014 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 17668
College Dropout > Yeezus

"If you died, would anyone care? Would they really care? Maybe, they'd cry for a day. But, let's be honest no one would give a shit. They wouldn't. The few people that would feel obligated to go to your funeral would probably be annoyed and leave as early as possible. That's who you are. That's what you are. You are nothing to anyone. To everyone."
-Mr. Robot

"I can take another name, and build a new life.. But on the inside I'll always have that instinct, no matter how much I hate it. I'm yakuza through and through. Guile only gets you so far in this game. Remember that. You won't get another chance."
-Kiryu Kazuma
 
Oct 25, 2014 3:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6026
lolno
 
Oct 25, 2014 3:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2643

 
Oct 25, 2014 5:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
ScazoN said:
lolno


LOL Yes!

MBDTF>CD>LR>>>Yeezus>Graduation>WTT>>>>>>>808s and heartbreak
 
Oct 25, 2014 5:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2427
Yeezus was Kanyes worst album
 
Oct 25, 2014 6:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
Qans said:
Yeezus was Kanyes worst album

It has its worst rapping, but the beats are impressive (except On Sight...).
 
Oct 25, 2014 6:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 763
Run the Jewels 2 has been on repeat for the past few days
 
Oct 25, 2014 7:59 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6026
SetsukoHara said:
ScazoN said:
lolno


LOL Yes!

MBDTF>CD>LR>>>Yeezus>Graduation>WTT>>>>>>>808s and heartbreak
Lol you meant the album Yeezus, then yes i agree, it was shittttttttt. >.> MBDTF is his best. "Monster" was a dope track, Kendrick's freestyle on it killed it though.

But WTT > Yeezus > Graduation doe
Modified by Uchiha, Oct 25, 2014 8:12 PM
 
Oct 25, 2014 10:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2427
Kanyes beats on this song thoo. Small lil throwback givin me memories. Even Lil Wayne killed that track

 
Oct 25, 2014 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2643
Swagga like us has to be one of Yeezy's best collabs
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 659
Blood on the leaves had the best beat from Yeezus
 
Oct 26, 2014 3:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6026
Hisoka_Judal said:
Blood on the leaves had the best beat from Yeezus
Don't forget "Black Skinheads" - that shit makes me pumped as fuckkk
 
Oct 26, 2014 4:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
Hisoka_Judal said:
Blood on the leaves had the best beat from Yeezus

Agreed! I also like the second part of Hold my Liquor, shit was from another planet!
 
Oct 26, 2014 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3902

Never forget
 
Oct 26, 2014 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2838
TsukimotoMakoto said:

Never forget

I hit it first
 
Oct 26, 2014 12:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
TsukimotoMakoto said:

Never forget


"One good girl is worth a thousand bitches"
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6026
TsukimotoMakoto said:

Never forget
His music video for "Hit it first" was soooo hilarious. I remember in a interview of his, he was declining that it was about Kim and everything.

>Kim K look a like in music video
>sex tape
 
Oct 26, 2014 1:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3902
ScazoN said:
TsukimotoMakoto said:
Never forget
His music video for "Hit it first" was soooo hilarious. I remember in a interview of his, he was declining that it was about Kim and everything.
>Kim K look a like in music video
>sex tape
LOL Yeah that was really funny. That was so obvious though, even the lyrics gave it away.
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:01 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6026
Yeah hahaha.

And today's news on mainstream hip hop:
- Drake releases 3 new tracks - "6 God" + "Heat of the moment" + "How Bout Now"
- Nicki Minaj to release new track "Only" with collabs Drake, Lil Wayne and Chris Brown. Dropping on 28th October

First time Breezy and Drizzy in a track without beef. Glad its over though.
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2643
Drake had to save his DJ getting beat by Tyga's Crew(allegedly) .
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6026
Bruh! I saw that, was it actually Tygas crew?! I thought one of his affiliates of his crew was hooked and Drake wanted in.
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3902
Saw the vid earlier, look at them grills rush for the money ROFL
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2427
Yo this is such a corny beef its probably just to get publicity
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2643
Heres what I found out on KTT via Twitter,

Drake was with Future the prince (drakes DJ) and future knocked a phone out of someone's hands as they were taking pictures of them.

Drake left the section to go around the club and his security followed him and later went outside the club to let someone else in the club.

Future was still in the section with the clubs security. Future had 10 stacks on him and put the money in a room. Apparently the person he knocked the phone out of their hands had two guys sock him and future was bleeding and ****.

Drake was outside and got word of this and that's where the infamous video came in of him re-entering the club. Drake didn't fight anybody but the matter was settled.
 
Oct 26, 2014 2:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 6026
Ah all that crazy commotion.

Qans said:
Yo this is such a corny beef its probably just to get publicity
yeah Lol, less beef more music

I want another drizzy vs. beezy tho
 
Oct 26, 2014 9:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3902
Death row blown the fuck out

 
Oct 26, 2014 9:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1099
Qans said:
Yeezus was Kanyes worst album


Debatable. I think he took a step forward musically. Yeezus is to Kanye what Kid A is to Radiohead. Even if it was Kanye's worst album, that means it's still better than the best album of 90% of other artists.
 
Oct 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1595
Tyga's diss track is lame. The fact Nicki Minaj is releasing a song with Drake, Chris Brown & Lil Wayne is petty itself LOL
 
Oct 27, 2014 9:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 192
ImaginaryFire said:
Debatable. I think he took a step forward musically. Yeezus is to Kanye what Kid A is to Radiohead. Even if it was Kanye's worst album, that means it's still better than the best album of 90% of other artists.


It's the production value that was good. The album wasn't that good, but Ye has always been a hell of a producer.

Even if it was Kanye's worst album, that means it's still better than the best album of 90% of other artists.


Lol/10
 
Oct 27, 2014 11:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2643
In unsurprising news today Tha Carter V has been pushed back.
 
Oct 27, 2014 11:45 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 3348
TsukimotoMakoto said:
Death row blown the fuck out

Eazy-E was such an OG
 
Oct 27, 2014 12:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1099
Boy-1da said:
In unsurprising news today Tha Carter V has been pushed back.


I didn't even know there was going to be a Carter V. Weezy fell off a cliff after No Ceilings.
 
Oct 27, 2014 1:58 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24957
have fmeales in hip hop really fell that hard

from th like of MC lyte Salt and Pepa and there ilk fighting to empower women in the genre to ot a slut were nothing on an album cover you know what im talking about im sure


Chill form TLC even attacked that person and i agree that cover set back women in Hip Hop bakc to the day before lyte Latfiah hell Nicki Manaj even has piss por flow in compare to her fore mothers of hip hop even say the one she copied the most ili kim has better flow then her


almost all monden mainstrean rappers are piss por in every way

put Lil Wayne beside Krs One
putt Drake beside Big Pun
to Nelly beside Big L
put kanye beside Rakim
put Tyga next to Pac
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Oct 27, 2014 2:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
Never knew you were into hip-hop FGAU. Hard to disagree with what you said, but Nicki Minaj is definitely better than Lil Kim, though it doesn't mean much.

But, yeah, it's a shame how it seems impossible for a female MC to go mainstream without showing some skin.
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2643
Raspody and Snow Tha Product are dope female rappers.


 
Oct 27, 2014 3:11 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24957
SetsukoHara said:
Never knew you were into hip-hop FGAU. Hard to disagree with what you said, but Nicki Minaj is definitely better than Lil Kim, though it doesn't mean much.

But, yeah, it's a shame how it seems impossible for a female MC to go mainstream without showing some skin.


im big in to hip hop not only japanese and english i also listen ot Xavier Naidoo a german rapper for example


il say this theform wha iv read im and seen in Iil Kims time there was alot more tallated Female Emcees and rappers to her to be compared to and plus shes JR Mafia was many times better than Young money is
Modified by DateYutaka, Oct 27, 2014 3:15 PM
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1099
FGAU1912 said:

almost all monden mainstrean rappers are piss por in every way

put Lil Wayne beside Krs One
putt Drake beside Big Pun
to Nelly beside Big L
put kanye beside Rakim
put Tyga next to Pac


That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Not trying to start a fight, but it annoys me when ppl keep on talking about hip hop being better "back in the day." You are cherry picking examples. Every era has their greats, and every era has their "piss poor" acts. For every NWA, there was a 2 Live Crew. What if I tried comparing guys like Kendrick and J. Cole to Sir Mix a Lot and Vanilla Ice? And how can you say Kanye is a piss poor act? I'd take him over everyone you mentioned. He has 4 (maybe even 5) classics albums to his name, and revolutionized hip hop. 2Pac was also overrated, but I won't get into that right now. /rant
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:24 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24957
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

almost all monden mainstrean rappers are piss por in every way

put Lil Wayne beside Krs One
putt Drake beside Big Pun
to Nelly beside Big L
put kanye beside Rakim
put Tyga next to Pac


That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Not trying to start a fight, but it annoys me when ppl keep on talking about hip hop being better "back in the day." You are cherry picking examples. Every era has their greats, and every era has their "piss poor" acts. For every NWA, there was a 2 Live Crew. What if I tried comparing guys like Kendrick and J. Cole to Sir Mix a Lot and Vanilla Ice? And how can you say Kanye is a piss poor act? I'd take him over everyone you mentioned. He has 4 (maybe even 5) classics albums to his name, and revolutionized hip hop. 2Pac was also overrated, but I won't get into that right now. /rant



or say Tyga to Golden era Nas or biggie

and im sorry Rakim is one of the the best emcees of all time


and Vanilla Ice was fake in every way when he tped ot be an Rapper he was fake when he tryed to do reggae he was fale at that too


im comparing the ledainf lights of both era ie who people call he best rappers of this era to the best of the old era


alot of younger fans call lil wayne the best rapper of all time

so i did my compare out of that
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1099
FGAU1912 said:

and im sorry Rakim is one of the the best emcees of all time


I never said he wasn't. I agree, Rakim is one of the greats. Nas and Big (especially Biggie) were all time greats, but I'd really argue with anyone who tries saying that 2Pac is the GOAT, not saying you did, but there are a lot of people out there who do. And anyone who tries saying Lil Wayne is the best ever is a moron who's not worth listening to.
Modified by ImaginaryFire, Oct 27, 2014 3:43 PM
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1595
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

almost all monden mainstrean rappers are piss por in every way

put Lil Wayne beside Krs One
putt Drake beside Big Pun
to Nelly beside Big L
put kanye beside Rakim
put Tyga next to Pac


That's a very simplistic way of looking at it. Not trying to start a fight, but it annoys me when ppl keep on talking about hip hop being better "back in the day." You are cherry picking examples. Every era has their greats, and every era has their "piss poor" acts. For every NWA, there was a 2 Live Crew. What if I tried comparing guys like Kendrick and J. Cole to Sir Mix a Lot and Vanilla Ice? And how can you say Kanye is a piss poor act? I'd take him over everyone you mentioned. He has 4 (maybe even 5) classics albums to his name, and revolutionized hip hop. 2Pac was also overrated, but I won't get into that right now. /rant


Thank you.

There's always been a balance between good & trash hip-hop (music in general).
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:49 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24957
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

and im sorry Rakim is one of the the best emcees of all time


I never said he wasn't. I agree, Rakim is one of the greats. Nas and Big (especially Biggie) were all time greats, but I'd really argue with anyone who tries saying that 2Pac is the GOAT, not saying you did, but there are a lot of people who out there who do. And anyone who tries saying Lil Wayne is the best ever is a moron who's not worth listening to.


one og my bigg iuues of modern hiphop is in the maonstream ideal for female there is only miss plastic ass are self fro rep for the girls and she removing al the good all them female mcs before did

hell Lupe Fiasci ie a guy show more respact to women with one song than manjh ha s who is woman her self

listen to Bisch bad nand listen to anaconda and see what mean

bitch bad is closer to what someone like a latifah would have said in her hayday while yes
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:56 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1099
FGAU1912 said:

one og my bigg iuues of modern hiphop is in the maonstream ideal for female there is only miss plastic ass are self fro rep for the girls and she removing al the good all them female mcs before did


Well there was also Lil Kim, from back in the day, who kind of sucked. I don't listen to any female hip hop outside of Lauryn Hill, so I can't really comment too much on that.
 
Oct 27, 2014 3:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2838
Are you typing that shitty on purpose?

Rakim is the greatest mc there ever was. Biggie and Pac are both overrated. Biggie is the better one tho.

And on the female mc's: check MC Melodee out. She's been around for quite a while and one of the world's most underrated artists. Her work with Cookin' Soul is crazy good.
 
Oct 27, 2014 4:07 PM
otaking
Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 24957
ImaginaryFire said:
FGAU1912 said:

one og my bigg iuues of modern hiphop is in the maonstream ideal for female there is only miss plastic ass are self fro rep for the girls and she removing al the good all them female mcs before did


Well there was also Lil Kim, from back in the day, who kind of sucked. I don't listen to any female hip hop outside of Lauryn Hill, so I can't really comment too much on that.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSTzr2V4KMw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2T60RNjMg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NnzChrd0S4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OljapVXNVgs

cannot find anything by yo- yo but the foursabout should show you whar i mean
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
 
Oct 27, 2014 4:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 5061
Boy-1da said:
Raspody and Snow Tha Product are dope female rappers.

Yeah, Rapsody is dope, her mixtape last year was really good! I haven't heard her new EP yet.

YASSlN said:

And on the female mc's: check MC Melodee out. She's been around for quite a while and one of the world's most underrated artists. Her work with Cookin' Soul is crazy good.

Melodee from La Melodia?
She had some great featuring on some Japanese producer album like Shin-Ski or Nomak.



Didn't know she worked with Cookin Soul, will add that to my PTL.
Modified by SetsukoHara, Oct 27, 2014 5:29 PM
 
Oct 27, 2014 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 2838
Yeah La Melodia! It's funny because when they released their first albums they achieved high sales and popularity in Japan lol, that probably explains her feature on that album. 'Give it up' and 'Time' were my jams when they used to get played on the tv and radio a while ago. I wonder what happened to INT tho, never heard anything of him since La Melodia.

 
Oct 27, 2014 7:56 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 192
Boy-1da said:
Raspody and Snow Tha Product are dope female rappers.




>Snow tha Product

Mah nigga, seen and met her several times (she's had many shows here in Texas, where she grew up) She's cool as fuck.
 
Oct 27, 2014 8:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 2643
Otoha_Karas7 said:


>Snow tha Product

Mah nigga, seen and met her several times (she's had many shows here in Texas, where she grew up) She's cool as fuck.


Snow is really funny too.
 
Oct 27, 2014 8:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 192
Boy-1da said:
Snow is really funny too.


So dope

 
Top
Pages (46) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »