Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 4, 2014 9:10 AM

Nov 2012
Hi,

I'm the president of an Anime and Manga Club at my school and we wanted to watch some anime. We all decided to watch Anohana since it's pretty tear-jerking sometimes and is pretty deep in terms of 'past' events.

So here's what happened. The manager of the clubs wanted to check out our video to make sure that it didn't contain anything that would be considered inappropriate like gore or nudity. She watched episode 1, and within the first 10 seconds, two background-background characters (characters who are just there to create an atmosphere) was talking about how one's boobs got bigger. Jinta then refers to the girl's genes an inferior.

At this point the manager said no, as this was offensive.

So at this point, I'm going to talk to the Principle about this amazing anime, and I need some help on how I can persuade him into allowing is to watch this anime. Any reply would be fine. Thanks!

-Usara
UsaraDarkOct 4, 2014 8:14 PM
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Oct 4, 2014 8:15 PM

Nov 2012
If it's October 6th, 2014, just ignore this post, unless you want to make a rant about something.
I believe that unless you know for sure that you don't like a concept, you should keep exploring it. Whether it be characteristics of people or a genre of some sort, you never know if you don't like it until you've seen quality work corresponding to that genre. Keep exploring until you've found something you enjoy, or something of quality. Then you know what's bad, what's good, and what isn't for you.
( ・ㅂ・)و ̑̑ Everyday life.
Oct 4, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2012
i guess the best way is to say that the scene in particular doesn't make up the plot of the anime. it's just 30-45 sec of somewhat inappropriate/offensive dialogue. Every anime that i've seen has that sort of thing... unless it's pokemon, digimon, etc.
Oct 4, 2014 8:49 PM

Jan 2014
Don't watch it at all. It's too boring. Might as well watch paint dry instead.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 4, 2014 8:57 PM

Sep 2013
A president that got veto'd by the manager.
Oct 4, 2014 9:01 PM

Jul 2012
lol your school is too strict

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1236 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 8:21 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

387 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

327 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

422 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 6:26 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 26, 2011

230 by NillyPC »»
Apr 23, 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.