Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 2, 2009 12:50 AM

Oct 2009
Topic Title:
Marimite seiyuus in other anime roles

Preview
I'm new to Japanese animation, so as my viewing library expanded...I am now able to memorize/reference some seiyuu names and their voices. Just from the Yamayurikai roster alone, I was suprised by some of their other shocking/impressive/really(?!) roles:

A. Emi Shinohara as Youko Mizuno
- she's the same generation of seiyuus as Miki Itou [I call them the Sailor Moon generation].
- suprised to learn that she's B-ko from Project A-ko, and Miki Itou [Sachiko] was A-ko. They were a cute couple.

B. Miki Itou as Sachiko
- shocked/really(?!) to learn that she was Yuriko in Moonlight Lady [don't ask, I dropped it after one ep and only tried it cuz Miki was in it]. Miki was truly evil as Yuriko [grin], if you thought Kanako was creepy....
- impressed to learn that a 45 year-old seiyuu can portray a 16-year old debutante with such warm persuasion: [selfish, arrogant, and hysterical per Sachiko's own words]

C. Kana Ueda as Yumi
- well, Yumi is Yumi, sweet all around and in every role Kana plays: Hazumu [Kasimasi], Hayate [MSLN], Saki [Saki] are my only references.
- has anyone seen her in a shocking/really(?!) role?

D. Hitomi Nabatame as Eriko
- suprised to learn that she's Shizuma-sama in Strawberry Panic!?!
- she's also Kana-chan from Candy Boy

E. Shizuka Itou as Rei-chan
- okay, Rei-chan, aside from looking boyish, has a deep, "manly" voice too - so I didn't really connect the dots until one month after finishing El Cazador. That she's NADIE...! I love Nadie's voice.
- I made up for my inexperience a month later when watching Saki. My ears perched when I heard Hisa speak for the first time...I clapped and yelled, "NADIE, it's Nadie!" [yes, I get excited over tiny little accomplishments in life]

F. Haruna Ikezawa as Yoshino
- gomenasai, Haruna. I only know your work as Yoshino. [bow, bow]

G. Did you know that Hitomi Nabatame [Eriko] voiced Nana Arima [Yoshino's future imotou souer]? I only found out from her CV. I went and watched the scene outside the ladies restroom [with Eriko, Yoshino, and Nana] in S4 again...so hilarious with this revelation in mind.

H. Megumi Toyoguchi as Sei-san
- okay, Megumi's CV is impressive, period. I'm not suprised if you tell me she voiced this and that.
- so I'll just point out a smaller role as Melissa from El Cazador. She's creepy Rosenberg's girlfriend - they were vacationing somewhere in the desert. Cheap man.
- glad to learn that she's the main character in Black Lagoon and Miami Guns - both on my to watch list. Megumi as Meg from Burst Angel was a bit annoying...the character, I mean. Poor Jo, period.

I. Mamiko Notou as Shimako
- again, her CV speaks for itself...but my jaw dropped when I found out [again, after finishing the series] that she voiced Hatsuki in Yami to Boushi to something, something...she sounded like Rei-chan.
- I also liked her as Limone in Simoun, plus motto, motto other roles. If Mamiko is in it, mostlikely I'll follow. I even sat through the first ep of Queen's Blade...waiting for Tomoe to show up.

J. Kaori Shimizu as Noriko
- suprised but loved her as Signum in MSLN
- cute that she's the yaoi/yuri doujinshi artist in Lucky Star. Tamura-san is always fantasizing about "yuri onee-sama scenes" of Yu-chan and Minami-san.

Sorry, my post is kinda long but hope you can forgive me because the Yamayurikai family is big.

Cheers!

P.S. Did you know that Kanako [Ami Koshimizu] voiced Nina Wang [Mai-Otome], Milano/Alita [Murder Princess], and Nodoka [Saki]? So sweet to hear Yumi and Kanako's seiyuu voices in Saki. They're finally a couple in Saki - a very canon pair - none of this "souer" subtext. Touko-chan is also in Saki...so is Rei-chan as Hisa. A small Marimite family reunion.
code537Nov 2, 2009 12:55 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 7, 2010 2:19 PM

Oct 2009
Mamiko Notou that voices Shimako also voices Enma Ai from Jigoku Shoujo :3 ...that was a big shocker for me!

Hitomi Nabatame that voices Eriko also voices Kan'u Unchou from Ikkitousen o.o
ResseyMay 7, 2010 2:28 PM

“This young girl, whose small body is only half the size of mine, has taught me that tears can flow from these silver eyes.” – Teresa
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Favorite Characters

tainteddonut - Feb 4, 2008

28 by Gurenn »»
Sep 19, 2014 5:10 AM

» where to find insert songs ?

minirop - Oct 13, 2010

0 by minirop »»
Oct 13, 2010 3:54 AM

Poll: » Best petite soeur for Yumi ?

akuma2002 - Jan 7, 2009

23 by Irasys »»
May 19, 2010 3:10 AM

» Lilian Fourhand ~Nuclear Soeur Fighters~

tainteddonut - May 8, 2008

7 by Asakura_Mao »»
Jan 25, 2010 2:52 AM

» Marimite Images

tainteddonut - May 10, 2008

17 by PhillyFlash »»
Jan 5, 2010 4:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.