Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 9, 2014 1:48 PM
Jan 2011
I saw a few raws for the last volume and it looked like someone was getting married.
May 12, 2016 9:56 AM

Dec 2012
Just finished reading the manga in Chinese.

Context: Yuji left Japan after his father came back in order to chase his dreams of being a professional photographer. This was after he confessed to Kazuki and they started going out, making it a heartbreak where they spent quite some chapters dealing with before his departure. He promised to return in a year and a half.

It was Kazuki's sister who got married with the other teacher in the end. Yuji returned to Japan after 6 and a half years in order to attend the ceremony - and it was revealed that because he was ashamed of his incapabilities while he was overseas, he had not contacted her all this while despite making a promise to her. At the end of Kazuki's sister's wedding, she set it up so that Kazuki and Yuji come face-to-face once more, where Yuji apologizes and proposes to her. Both of them start crying due to their built-up emotions.

In my opinion, it was a pretty sweet ending and a good read but the 6 year-gap in the conclusion was pretty ridiculous and just plain irresponsible on Yuji's part. The series had many ups and downs, but overall I really enjoyed it as they developed not only the main two characters, but the side characters as well. Also, it was really worth it when they finally got together about 80% through the story. I just felt that they dragged out some unnecessary drama for way too long, with the characters' stupidity becoming slightly annoying. Also, Yuji's parents' backstory came way too late (In the last volume).
May 12, 2016 4:24 PM
Jan 2011
ClawViper said:
Just finished reading the manga in Chinese.

Context: Yuji left Japan after his father came back in order to chase his dreams of being a professional photographer. This was after he confessed to Kazuki and they started going out, making it a heartbreak where they spent quite some chapters dealing with before his departure. He promised to return in a year and a half.

It was Kazuki's sister who got married with the other teacher in the end. Yuji returned to Japan after 6 and a half years in order to attend the ceremony - and it was revealed that because he was ashamed of his incapabilities while he was overseas, he had not contacted her all this while despite making a promise to her. At the end of Kazuki's sister's wedding, she set it up so that Kazuki and Yuji come face-to-face once more, where Yuji apologizes and proposes to her. Both of them start crying due to their built-up emotions.

In my opinion, it was a pretty sweet ending and a good read but the 6 year-gap in the conclusion was pretty ridiculous and just plain irresponsible on Yuji's part. The series had many ups and downs, but overall I really enjoyed it as they developed not only the main two characters, but the side characters as well. Also, it was really worth it when they finally got together about 80% through the story. I just felt that they dragged out some unnecessary drama for way too long, with the characters' stupidity becoming slightly annoying. Also, Yuji's parents' backstory came way too late (In the last volume).

So they get back together after the 6 year gap?
May 14, 2016 6:39 AM

Dec 2012
xsilicon9 said:

So they get back together after the 6 year gap?

Yup, they have lingering feelings for each other and Kazuki accepted Yuji's proposal.
Jan 22, 2018 11:32 PM

Dec 2013
Thanks so much for providing some context for the manga ending. Really sad to see no chapter updates for over 5 years now. I recently finished up the anime and wanted to finish the manga too. I guess I have to settle for the raws to finish up the story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonagura! Chapter 54 Discussion

AlmazHiro - Apr 1, 2012

3 by ClawViper »»
Oct 26, 2013 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonagura! Chapter 53 Discussion

AlmazHiro - Feb 13, 2012

2 by Kiijutsu »»
Feb 29, 2012 12:45 AM

» Tonagura! - New set of pictures

KuroDubZero - Oct 21, 2011

0 by KuroDubZero »»
Oct 21, 2011 12:11 PM

Poll: » Tonagura! Chapter 52 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Aug 1, 2011

0 by KuroDubZero »»
Aug 1, 2011 2:16 PM

Poll: » Tonagura! Chapter 51 Discussion

TechDragon - Jun 11, 2011

2 by KuroDubZero »»
Jun 12, 2011 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.