Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 23, 2014 4:57 AM
Oct 2013
Well you miss my point. I have no qualms with Tatsuya's personality. His personality is one thing and my reply tackles another matter.

I do, however, agree for the rest of what you've said.
Jul 24, 2014 2:39 PM

May 2012
Asturaetus said:
mbdsquad said:

Wait what, being emotionally mature and reserved isn't a "personality"? Or are you saying that stereotypes and outgoing "personalities" with additional melodramatic effects are the only "personalities" that exist?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not bashing you but saying someone doesn't have a personality just because he's an "inward" type of person, in other words, one who rarely shows emotion, is just technically, psychologically and logically wrong. In short, it's wrong in many levels.

But that is exactly what he was remarking on. As far as the anime is concerned - what have we actually got on Tatsuya? All we ever see, is him doing stuff - like we are some random passerby. But about the inner workings of his character (his personality) we know nothing about. Neither do we get his thoughts on the matters he gets involved in nor how he himself relates to the persons around him. Hell, he doesn't even talk much aside explaining magic. And do we ever see him displaying emotions? Has he ever even moved a facial muscle?

Sure you can explain all that with an introvert personality and the hints of his background. But leaving the novels aside in the end at least here in this adaption Tatsuya's personality remains some kind of enigma. He is serious and taciturn, but aside from those characteristics all we ever know is that he is present at the scene and that's it.

That is also why it is kinda surprising to see that people of all the things to get annoyed by pick his "personality"?

look i didnt say he doesnt have any personality at all, it just seem that he doesnt particularly have one. we rarely see him show any emotions despite towards his sister . Again, you have your own view but ofcourse, i dont hate Tatsuya becos of his personality at all, in fact i think he's cool what i dont get it, why would people be hating on him just becos of how his character are made .
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 24, 2014 5:28 PM

Jun 2010
nyancat2506 said:

look i didnt say he doesnt have any personality at all, it just seem that he doesnt particularly have one. we rarely see him show any emotions despite towards his sister
Point? That is more or less exactly what I said in the post you just responded to - didn't I? Just with more words. ^^
Jul 25, 2014 7:18 AM
Oct 2013
Asturaetus said:
nyancat2506 said:

look i didnt say he doesnt have any personality at all, it just seem that he doesnt particularly have one. we rarely see him show any emotions despite towards his sister
Point? That is more or less exactly what I said in the post you just responded to - didn't I? Just with more words. ^^

Apparently, he doesn't understand what my post is all about judging by his response and I doubt he will in the future. Just saying. Peace.
Jul 26, 2014 9:06 AM

Apr 2014
Nah, I think the typical anime tropes/bullshit are a lot more annoying. Oh well.
your waifu is shit
Jul 26, 2014 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
The anime adaption makes it looks like that Tatsuya has no personality at all. As Asturaetus said it leaves an impression of enigma.
I believe we all notice how intelligent and analytical Tatsuya is, If we ever would get a season 2 I hope the producer can animates the flashback's arc of Light Novel pretty well thus will clears a lot of misunderstanding that this show gives to it watchers. Tatsuya does not pose any emotion at all, It's completely vanished when his parents did an experiment to him. The only thing remain is his brotherly love to his sister, For me Tatsuya categorizes people into two distinctive groups: hostile and non-hostile (while normal people would see 3 types: hostile, neutral and friendly.). I believe he doesn't really care too much about peoples around him except for the people whose are in Miyuki's circles. That's why he doesn't really bother about things that are happening to his surrounding (e.g Mayumi spoiled him and etc).

I do not find Tatsuya always looking down on peoples, he aint trying to be perfect at everything. He just simply serves as the best Guardian for Miyuki, He does things with everything he could not just for a simply showing off. Famous, Glorious, People's attention are only a mere life experience to him. It's nothing to compare of to his sister's affection and happiness.
SanzenJul 26, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 11, 2015 7:34 PM

Oct 2014
the lord is freaking op and you cant do nothin about it
Jan 12, 2015 10:35 AM

May 2013
Abdul_Khader01 said:
the lord is freaking op and you cant do nothin about it

He is just toaster.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.