Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 30, 2014 9:58 AM

Jun 2013
I figured this is an important enough topic to have its own thread.

So in the end, in the real world we see Sakura and Laplace Demon, not to mention 0 is the original queen, which logically would make her at least a couple of hundred years old. So there are two possibilities.

1. Like someone best described it, Matrix/Inception ending, Souta is still in the virtual world.

2. Apparently more in line with the actual light novel, its a fantasy genre, and Sakura and Laplace were some kind of gods all along, and the queen was able to stick around due to magic or something. (if they are gods, then by proxy they could put themselves in the virtual world which would explain why they appear in both)

- I honestly don't think the show was clever enough to pull off 1. It was a nice harem with a spice of fantasy with the flags through the first 8 episode or so, then director seemed to have a mental break down, and we go into some matrix nonsense, and angel programs, etc. Basically it was a flat out mess, so I can't see the individual who took a decent show and made it pretty bad, coming up with something as clever as "he is still in the matrix or the dream."

- 2 has its problems as well, namely it just leaves way too much unexplained. If the are gods what the hell were they doing. How can 0 be the original queen. If everything is true than was the story an allegory about the original turning into a flag, or did some guy literally turn into a flag. Where the hell did this virtual world system come from?

Eh both seem equally implausible but one has to be right. I guess you could have a 3rd option, that in the bedroom he was back in reality, but the last few scenes take place back in the virtual world, and he decided to go back, although the would still leave the problem of how 0 could possibly be the original queen, and it really made no sense to go back to a virtual world.
Jul 8, 2014 11:55 AM

Aug 2012
At first i thought he was still in the virtual world (as sakura and lapace's demon were still there) but then again just like you said , this show is not clever enough to pull off that kind of ending.....but if the LN said so....i guess that's what you have to accept.....but the story suddenly became really stupid/awkward when its like that.

Overall, storyline was(supposed to be) good .

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2014

144 by JC612 »»
Jan 11, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Who's favorite harem character

MysteryFan89 - Aug 7, 2023

1 by pinkfoxboi »»
Aug 12, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2014

145 by yveltalkyogre »»
Jan 3, 2023 2:31 PM

» So can anyone tell me what the hell happened?[spoilers]

sweetsymphony - Jun 29, 2014

10 by ilos28 »»
May 30, 2022 5:26 AM

» Will this be on funimation without premium

Bunniedoll - Jul 20, 2021

1 by SoulFighter17 »»
Jul 20, 2021 10:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.