Forum Settings
Forums
Karneval
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 12, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2012
I've been searching around a bit, and found that many people are confused about who Gareki is and things like that.

Well, he is a pretty shady character. Not much is touched upon his backstory.
1. He was slaved and put on a boat that Hirato and Tsukitachi destroyed because it had Varuga on it.
Ok, something isn't right here. It is said that Hirato knew this, yet hasn't said anything. We also don't know who his parents/family are. Maybe...I was thinking, what if Hirato is Gareki's uncle/elder sibling, and was put on the job of destroying the ship, despite his "family" being on it? Because Hirato is far too young to have a 15 year old son. They also look alike.

2. Gareki has been surrounded by Varuga since he was a child. And remember when Iva showed up, when that Varuga attacked Gareki, despite Nai being there? Don't Varuga attack things that aren't normal? (Like other Varuga, Nai, etc...)

3. Also, since he had so many tests done on him, and nothing was detected, what if...the varuga cells were in remission or hidden, like Tsubame's for a long time? What if, one of these chapters, he will turn, like Yogi did? Not to mention he "teleported" when Nai was in trouble. But that could just be a Circus thing

4. Remember when he and Nai went into that rainbow? Uro stated only people with similar cells like Karoku, (so, Nai), could survive in there, yet we saw that Gareki was fine, other than a bit of paralysis. What if he has similar cells to Karoku? The amount of fans who believe Gareki is Karoku's brother is astonishing.

Thoughts? Anything to add?
"Hey, assbutt!"—Castiel, Supernatural

"Do you ever have a problem where you just don't know how to reply to an argument-- not because you don't know the answer, but you just don't where to begin? Like, the foundation of knowledge you'd need to impart to this person before you could even begin to drag them out of their sinkhole of ignorance would cost thousands of dollars, if it were coming from a University?" -MAL in a nutshell.
Aug 18, 2017 8:55 AM
Aug 2017
SnazzGary said:
I've been searching around a bit, and found that many people are confused about who Gareki is and things like that.

Well, he is a pretty shady character. Not much is touched upon his backstory.
1. He was slaved and put on a boat that Hirato and Tsukitachi destroyed because it had Varuga on it.
Ok, something isn't right here. It is said that Hirato knew this, yet hasn't said anything. We also don't know who his parents/family are. Maybe...I was thinking, what if Hirato is Gareki's uncle/elder sibling, and was put on the job of destroying the ship, despite his "family" being on it? Because Hirato is far too young to have a 15 year old son. They also look alike.

2. Gareki has been surrounded by Varuga since he was a child. And remember when Iva showed up, when that Varuga attacked Gareki, despite Nai being there? Don't Varuga attack things that aren't normal? (Like other Varuga, Nai, etc...)

3. Also, since he had so many tests done on him, and nothing was detected, what if...the varuga cells were in remission or hidden, like Tsubame's for a long time? What if, one of these chapters, he will turn, like Yogi did? Not to mention he "teleported" when Nai was in trouble. But that could just be a Circus thing

4. Remember when he and Nai went into that rainbow? Uro stated only people with similar cells like Karoku, (so, Nai), could survive in there, yet we saw that Gareki was fine, other than a bit of paralysis. What if he has similar cells to Karoku? The amount of fans who believe Gareki is Karoku's brother is astonishing.

Thoughts? Anything to add?

1. i dont thik he had family relation with hirato, hirato fam prob. working with goverment like his older bro.
2. thats interesting thou.at first i thought because he is near nai everytimes but it not the case anymore
3. maybe kareki cell not varuga but icuna?. like yogi wo has ancentry of being compatible with the cell thing.if it revealed, maybe it can answer question no. 2.
4. ah i do think so,in latest release revealed that Nai was karoku "father".and revealed karoku past in the niji forest. do you think gareki have relation with karoku father or karuko mother? cause karoku mother seem missing when karoku treating her and no evidence that she is eliminated by kafka despite keshiki found him in the forest. his mother is crazy and wanna bring back his father. maybe she use invitro the make his father cloning or sort of. despite crazy, she can make nai into human so i dont think it difficult for her to make cloning.

anyway, i still confused bout karoku in circus second ship and karoku in kafka. who do you think the real and the fake?
Oct 2, 2017 6:37 PM

Jun 2009
renkamizu said:

anyway, i still confused bout karoku in circus second ship and karoku in kafka. who do you think the real and the fake?

At first I assumed that they are twins but after Karoku's backstory was revealed, I'm pretty sure Kafka!Karoku is a clone. There wasn't a single mention or a hint of the family leaving behind a second child, so tht's why I'm pretty confident that these two are relted in some other way. It was mentioned that Karoku was special and important to Kafka's research. Maybe they made him just in case something happens to the real one? Or maybe he was created when the real Karoku went missing? Or perhaps his mother didn't actually die and helped Kafka in hopes of bringing back her husband. But then again, if she put her husband's consciousness into Nai, then why make 2nd Karoku? Well, these are my theories at the moment. ^^'
Aug 12, 2019 6:13 AM

Mar 2017
I also thought Hirato was his father, they've similar looks and the events you mentioned maybe a key. But he is too young as you said, so it's possible that he's a member of his family, or maybe created using his cells.
For the time when Iva saved him, those Varuga where ordered by Eliska to capture Gareki.
Dec 27, 2019 7:35 AM
Jul 2018
Nai's protector. Probes ghei but one-sidedly since my lovely son, Nai, is too young to know about love and sex.
Mar 6, 2023 3:15 PM
Feb 2021
Sadly Gareki mystery will reveal in the last chapters

More topics from this board

Poll: » Karneval Chapter 131 Discussion

Ittan_Momen - Jul 20, 2021

0 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jul 20, 2021 7:32 PM

Poll: » Karneval Chapter 4 Discussion

rweqoiu - Sep 18, 2009

5 by SebCyrSC2000 »»
Jul 16, 2021 2:12 PM

Poll: » Karneval Chapter 126 Discussion

Ittan_Momen - Jul 6, 2021

0 by Ittan_Momen »»
Jul 6, 2021 8:49 PM

Poll: » Karneval Chapter 123 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2018

0 by Stark700 »»
Apr 29, 2018 10:22 PM

Poll: » Karneval Chapter 122 Discussion

PerlaNemesis - Apr 14, 2018

0 by PerlaNemesis »»
Apr 14, 2018 8:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.