Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 16, 2010 1:01 PM

Mar 2008
animedark said:
Hopefully it'll be on regular DVD when released and not just blue-ray.

They did say "DVD", so it will at least be out on DVD.

I dont have a ps3 or blu-ray player, so dont care if it's ever released on blu-ray.

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection
Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Oct 29, 2010 2:21 AM

Aug 2009
VerneJules said:
Dub is very good, I know many series with great dubs because they have a good dubbing company. But I have lots of questions for 4kids as a dubber...

If only dubbing companies can just stick with how the series goes and not blow up the stories and the scenes... *sigh* Why can't they just dub it only for the purpose of translations? Why do they always have to remove the blood, guns, etc.? Why did 4kids remove important episodes in One Piece rather than the fillers just because those episodes had low ratings in Japan (leaving lots of plot-holes for One Piece dub)? Why do they have to replace cigarettes with lollipops? Why do they have to make badass villains talk like childish American bullies? Why do they have to change the names of the characters (especially those that already have names in english like Godwin-Goodwin)? Why do they have to Americanize a Japanese series' culture? Why do they have to change the skin color of black characters? Really, why can't they just stay away from series that have content not suitable for children rather than force-modify(ruin) them?

Honestly, what 4kids is doing to the shows is so immature. There are lots of animes out there that do not contradict to their 'for kids' way of thinking. There are lots of highly-rated and popular animes out there that primarily targets kids. Why not just take those rather than typical-shounen animes that target teens?

And for anti-subs here: If it's only about the translation, dub is great. But ruining the reputation of a series we respect by force-modifying it is like a big insult against us fans. You do understand that, right?

On another note, aside from the show-ruining 4kids dubs, the reasons of anti-dubbers for watching subs is just simple. Animes usually applies Japanese culture. Hence, it is hardly possible to translate japanese terms (eg. tsundere), puns, and jokes, and imitate how the characters are supposed to talk. Well, I do wish they realize that they should just do what subbers do - which is to just keep the words which they cannot translate rather than thinking up of something else to replace them.

I agree with this guy...
Nov 3, 2010 2:33 PM
Review Moderator
(。•̀ᴗ-)⌒✧

Jun 2007
sd95 said:
VerneJules said:
Dub is very good, I know many series with great dubs because they have a good dubbing company. But I have lots of questions for 4kids as a dubber...

If only dubbing companies can just stick with how the series goes and not blow up the stories and the scenes... *sigh* Why can't they just dub it only for the purpose of translations? Why do they always have to remove the blood, guns, etc.? Why did 4kids remove important episodes in One Piece rather than the fillers just because those episodes had low ratings in Japan (leaving lots of plot-holes for One Piece dub)? Why do they have to replace cigarettes with lollipops? Why do they have to make badass villains talk like childish American bullies? Why do they have to change the names of the characters (especially those that already have names in english like Godwin-Goodwin)? Why do they have to Americanize a Japanese series' culture? Why do they have to change the skin color of black characters? Really, why can't they just stay away from series that have content not suitable for children rather than force-modify(ruin) them?

Honestly, what 4kids is doing to the shows is so immature. There are lots of animes out there that do not contradict to their 'for kids' way of thinking. There are lots of highly-rated and popular animes out there that primarily targets kids. Why not just take those rather than typical-shounen animes that target teens?

And for anti-subs here: If it's only about the translation, dub is great. But ruining the reputation of a series we respect by force-modifying it is like a big insult against us fans. You do understand that, right?

On another note, aside from the show-ruining 4kids dubs, the reasons of anti-dubbers for watching subs is just simple. Animes usually applies Japanese culture. Hence, it is hardly possible to translate japanese terms (eg. tsundere), puns, and jokes, and imitate how the characters are supposed to talk. Well, I do wish they realize that they should just do what subbers do - which is to just keep the words which they cannot translate rather than thinking up of something else to replace them.

I agree with this guy...

I agree with this too *nod nod
Nov 21, 2010 11:11 PM
Aug 2009
I want this to get dubbed as long as we can get the same voice actors to do it. Hopefully they will. If we can just get dan green though then all is well.
Nov 22, 2010 10:56 AM

Mar 2008
4kids already has the license and will be dubbing it.

Nov 22, 2010 11:50 AM

Aug 2010
Please no is all I have to say.
If anyone dubs it, it'll be 4Kids, meaning that another anime will be slaughtered in front of our eyes.
I'm actually overjoyed that they didn't dub the last season of GX because they would have just ruined Judai completely for me. >.<

^ *prays for the day BBCode allows images again*
Dec 16, 2010 9:56 PM

Jan 2010
DistantTraces said:

I'm actually overjoyed that they didn't dub the last season of GX because they would have just ruined Judai completely for me. >.<

Agreed.

I'm just afraid what they will do if they actually dub it. Oh well, They'll all get sent to the Shadow Realm

btw does anyone know if the movie is out, subbed?
Dec 24, 2010 6:21 AM
Dec 2009
Personally, I cannot take a show about children's card games played by adults/at school/on motorcycles seriously, and having 4kids add the magic that is levity, it makes the show tolerable. I've watched the show subbed, it's the same thing without the jokes. What right minded adult would watch this as adult fiction. Watching the subbed versions of these shows is like watching a 12 year-old put on a suit. Adults aren't going to take him seriously because he's still a kid, he's just denying it. Oh, and 4kids can write really funny jokes.

Also, I'd rather die than go to an eternal, wide-awake nightmare AKA The Shadow Realm. Unintentionally, 4kids took death and replaced it with a fate worse than death. THE IRONY.
Dec 29, 2010 8:32 AM

Mar 2008
The Dub will be released to theaters in spring 2011.

Dec 30, 2010 7:05 PM
Jun 2010
Cool! I hope it gets released to all theaters and not select theaters. I would go see it!

Any actual release date yet for when it will be out in theaters?
Dec 31, 2010 7:49 AM

Mar 2008
animedark said:
Cool! I hope it gets released to all theaters and not select theaters. I would go see it!

Any actual release date yet for when it will be out in theaters?

Sorry but not to all theaters, just select theaters, and all I know is "Spring 2011".

Dec 31, 2010 2:42 PM
Jun 2010
That's a bummer): Select theaters only. Guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD and buy it then.
Jan 12, 2011 10:00 PM
Nov 2008
i dont really care if its dub or not now.. i just wanna watch it!! (online ofcourse ;.;) any1 know where i can watch this :D?
Yeastoday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift that is why its called present.
Feb 24, 2011 11:33 AM

Jun 2009
comes to select theaters this month on the 26 and 27 march 5 and 6 in the US I will wait for the bootleg
Setsuna200Feb 24, 2011 11:38 AM
Mar 3, 2011 8:37 PM
Jun 2010
And none of those select theaters are where I live. Closest one is about an hour away from me. The others are 4 hours away.

Too bad they don't give a DVD release date for America with it. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on the anime online stores for it. Don't know if Amazon or barnesandnoble.com will get it on their websites.
Mar 5, 2011 5:33 PM

Apr 2008
Saw it in theaters last week with a friend. My first 3D movie too. It was pretty cool! Worth the 3 hour drive I think. :)

Mar 7, 2011 1:45 PM

Aug 2010
I just saw it too. Great film!
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 11, 2011 1:41 PM
Jun 2010
@Syb3rStrife and malvarez1: You two are so lucky! I want to see it! *sighs* Guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD and I have yet to see a release date for it out on DVD.
Mar 21, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2010
animedark said:
@Syb3rStrife and malvarez1: You two are so lucky! I want to see it! *sighs* Guess I'll have to wait until it comes out on DVD and I have yet to see a release date for it out on DVD.

I think the date for the DVD is loosely around this Fall. In the UK, the DVD is being released this Spring. The UK is lucky.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Mar 29, 2011 7:45 PM
Jun 2010
@malvarez1: Thank you! And yes, the UK is lucky.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Fusion Ultra! Bond Over Time and Space Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Jun 18, 2011

52 by vv1 »»
Feb 10, 1:26 AM

» I noticed something unlogical and funny while rewatching too

SinDrake - Nov 8, 2023

0 by SinDrake »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:01 AM

» I just rewatched this movie and noticed something

Rinkitori31 - Feb 12, 2023

5 by SinDrake »»
Nov 8, 2023 3:38 AM

» Abridged by Little Kuriboh

Paul - Nov 7, 2011

6 by fudgeyells27 »»
Jul 1, 2021 1:30 PM

» release date?

firefistace01 - Mar 17, 2010

11 by DrNick »»
Jun 3, 2011 2:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.