Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Niipah or Uu
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 7, 2009 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
hirahira said:
hmm...this is hard. I think niipah sounds less annoying than uu. But since I know what uu means it's kind of hard not to vote for it.

that's what I think, too.

uu's true meaning...because of that it got my vote, even if I like the "phrase" nipaah more...

Sep 7, 2009 9:01 AM
Aug 2009
Both suck
Sep 7, 2009 9:09 AM

May 2009
NIPUUU FTW !!1

Major anime source and community: http://www.anivoid.com Join now =P
YOU DON'T HAVE THE GUTS =P
Sep 7, 2009 12:26 PM

Jul 2009
Kyu-chan said:
hirahira said:
hmm...this is hard. I think niipah sounds less annoying than uu. But since I know what uu means it's kind of hard not to vote for it.

uu's true meaning...because of that it got my vote, even if I like the "phrase" nipaah more...

If you like Nipah more, why not vote for that instead? Uu's meaning is silly, even rosa got annoyed with it
Sep 7, 2009 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
Olymunaai said:
Kyu-chan said:
hirahira said:

If you like Nipah more, why not vote for that instead? Uu's meaning is silly, even rosa got annoyed with it

Stop trying to steal our voters you despicable Nipah lovers. We know your true intentions. You won't fool us with your overly moe dosage. With the power of Uu protecting us, we see you for who you truly are.
Sep 7, 2009 6:43 PM

May 2007
I value Uuu better.

As said before, nipah has no reason to exist.
Is just plain silly.

Repetitiveness is relative, therefore it shouldn't be used as a criteria for choosing which is the less annoying one.

i find amusing. how such silly discussion has so serious attention
Sep 9, 2009 1:43 AM

Jul 2009
Monad said:
Stop trying to steal our voters you despicable Nipah lovers. We know your true intentions. You won't fool us with your overly moe dosage. With the power of Uu protecting us, we see you for who you truly are.

You'll never learn our true intentions until it's too late for you Uuu~ lovers.
Sep 9, 2009 2:20 AM

Apr 2009
Nee pah!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2009 6:21 PM

Aug 2008
Kaisereddie said:
Nipaah doesn't mean anything.

Uu- actually has something to do with characterization.

The choice is thus obvious.
Actually "nipah~" does mean something, at least in the context of the fact that the people of Hinamizawa speak with a broken dialect. "niko~" (ニコ) is a common japanese sound effect for "smile" but other "nonsense" words that start with "ni" (ニ) can be substituted, such as "niya~" (ニヤ) or simply "ni~." In Hinamizawa their substitution is "nipa~" (ニパ). If that's not enough to convince you then go back and re-watch the series; you should notice that Rika always makes a big smile when she says it, even forcing an extra big smile with her fingers on at least one occasion during the first season.

To be honest Hanyuu's sound effect is the closest parallel to Maria's "uu~" considering that they're used at a similar frequency, in similar situations and are done by the same voice actress. I suppose though in terms of relevance Rena's repetition of "kana" would also be a better parallel than "nipah~" and if you just wanted to parallel Rika and Maria then "mii~" would have been a better choice. Over all this topic has failed.
Sep 10, 2009 8:32 AM
Apr 2008
I'll say Niipah

cause Uu is really really annoying...Maria is really really annoying...seriously whenever I hear her speak I want to slap her...I did a happy dance when the mum slaps her for doing the creepy laugh!
Sep 14, 2009 5:46 PM
Dec 2008
hauu~~~~
Sep 14, 2009 6:01 PM

Jul 2008
1. Nipah
2. Hauu
3. Uuu

Why? Easy to say: "Uuu" is not something to nipah about =)
Sep 21, 2009 2:11 PM

Nov 2008
So what If 'Uu' has a story behind It. That doesn't stop it from being annoying to no end

Sep 21, 2009 2:18 PM

Jun 2008
I don't get why everyone thinks uu is sooo much more annoying than nipah or hau. They all get irritating after a while
Sep 21, 2009 2:21 PM

Nov 2008
hirahira said:
I don't get why everyone thinks uu is sooo much more annoying than nipah or hau. They all get irritating after a while

I don't think I would mind It If she weren't to use It so excessively, sure Rika has said 'Nipah' many times during the two seasons she was in but Maria using 'Uu' has been looked at as a form of a spoiled child crying for something she wants. The first episode has affected the view of Maria majorly.

Yes, I haven't played the visual novel. So don't come attacking me with that crap. I don't think It would change my thoughts about It or her anyhow

Sep 21, 2009 3:55 PM
Apr 2009
ToxxicTeardrop said:
hirahira said:

I don't think I would mind It If she weren't to use It so excessively, sure Rika has said 'Nipah' many times during the two seasons she was in but Maria using 'Uu' has been looked at as a form of a spoiled child crying for something she wants. The first episode has affected the view of Maria majorly.

Yes, I haven't played the visual novel. So don't come attacking me with that crap. I don't think It would change my thoughts about It or her anyhow

See you after arc 4.
Sep 21, 2009 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
the Maria haters are going to hate her no matter what happens. I still don't see how she is so much more annoying than the other lolis who make annoying noises. I'm not a big fan of Maria but she gets way too much hate
Sep 22, 2009 11:56 AM

Apr 2007
Nipah

though I also love UUU especilly after Alliance
Sep 22, 2009 12:23 PM

Mar 2008
Niipah~
Sep 25, 2009 8:34 PM

Nov 2007
Excellent poll.

"Nipaah" makes my head hurt.
"Uu" makes me want to ram a screwdriver into both of my eardrums and kill somebody.

Seriously, the scene where Maria was crying "UUuUuuuUuAuahaUAUauUAUuahUAhUuuuuuu" was most definetly the worst thing I have and will ever encounter in my entire life.

So by being lesser of two devils "Nipaah" would be victorious, but since it's extremely annoying as well, I keep my vote.
Oct 12, 2009 12:17 PM

Jan 2008
MarthX said:
Not even a contest.

Nipah is cute. Uuu is not

Maria doesn't come close to Rika in terms of cuteness.

Maria annoys the hell out of me. I actually breathe a sigh of relief when her mother has to abuse her to shut her up. >_>
Oct 12, 2009 1:20 PM

Oct 2009
Niipah!

Come on is this really even a contest!

Now If she acted like this on a daily basis...

...then maybe..maybe I would vote for the other choice...myabe...cause you don't fuck with the Juggernaut...Oo
Oct 14, 2009 10:33 AM

Nov 2008
bbobjs said:
Kaisereddie said:
Nipaah doesn't mean anything.

Uu- actually has something to do with characterization.

The choice is thus obvious.
Actually "nipah~" does mean something, at least in the context of the fact that the people of Hinamizawa speak with a broken dialect. "niko~" (ニコ) is a common japanese sound effect for "smile" but other "nonsense" words that start with "ni" (ニ) can be substituted, such as "niya~" (ニヤ) or simply "ni~." In Hinamizawa their substitution is "nipa~" (ニパ). If that's not enough to convince you then go back and re-watch the series; you should notice that Rika always makes a big smile when she says it, even forcing an extra big smile with her fingers on at least one occasion during the first season.

To be honest Hanyuu's sound effect is the closest parallel to Maria's "uu~" considering that they're used at a similar frequency, in similar situations and are done by the same voice actress. I suppose though in terms of relevance Rena's repetition of "kana" would also be a better parallel than "nipah~" and if you just wanted to parallel Rika and Maria then "mii~" would have been a better choice. Over all this topic has failed.

This.
Oct 20, 2009 10:24 AM

May 2009
I know the story about Maria's "Uu-", I know it's sad and I don't care. It's still annoying... I'll go with "Nipah" because it's much more cute and Rika pwns!
Oct 20, 2009 3:03 PM

Apr 2008
the "uu" gets my vote.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 14, 2009

169 by alenaphoenix »»
Sep 10, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LunarEmerald - Sep 9, 2009

236 by alenaphoenix »»
Sep 9, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Umineko no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Plate - Aug 19, 2009

338 by akuma-ka-sareta »»
Jul 23, 11:01 AM

» What is this and why do people say this is a sequel to Higurashi?

Asudox - Nov 26, 2023

12 by miblan »»
Jan 18, 5:07 AM

» Googled a bit Umineko... A lot of people want another adaptation.

Uburero - Dec 9, 2023

6 by miblan »»
Jan 9, 3:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.