Forum Settings
Forums

Can anyone help me understand why it's always a bad end?

New
Aug 4, 2009 4:10 PM

Aug 2009
i know it's part of her style, but sometimes, when we read her stories and are introduced to the first characters, the ones with a strong bond... ups they're going to get killed!! Weather it's one, the other or them both in the arms of each other, they always have bad endings.. i wish that would change.. i haven't read all of her work, but i read a lot of it.

the one it saden me the most was boys next door.. still think about it x3 adrien.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 4, 2009 5:41 PM

Nov 2007
As far as I know there's another similarly bad-ended series Godchild.
As for the good-ended series (where the pair didn't break up) there are Angel Sanctuary, Fairy Cube, Ludwig Revolution. The others don't count since they either don't have a strongly bonded pair equal to those above, or haven't been scanlated so I have no way to know.
So overall it's 3 to 2.
So.......what's your point, 'always' a bad end ?
Aug 5, 2009 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
i wasn´t refering only to the main couple, i mean most of the introduced ones: Cain has like 12 pairs not just him, and almost all of them die or get separeted, more examples? hansel e gretel (dont remenber the book), and in angel santcuary, to many of them die, zaphikel, his lover(name?), layla, the dragon, the guy from Die.
what i meant was in a bigger context
Aug 5, 2009 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
Well,there is not always a happy ending in real life either.I think Kaori Yuki tryes to make her characters and their relationships more realistic - only fairy tales end with "and they lived happily ever after".
Aug 5, 2009 6:10 PM

Nov 2007
*SPOILER WARNING*

Kukita said:
i wasn´t refering only to the main couple, i mean most of the introduced ones: Cain has like 12 pairs not just him, and almost all of them die or get separeted, more examples? hansel e gretel (dont remenber the book), and in angel santcuary, to many of them die, zaphikel, his lover(name?), layla, the dragon, the guy from Die.

oops. well, some of them are plot devices

while some are the eventual inevitability of their own developments

I don't say there wasn't a better way out. Like, the characters overcoming their guilt, striving to stray from their deplorable fates, blah blah blah and lived on. But I think Kaori Yuki was trying to be the most realistisc she could - people just don't swallow the burden of their conscience by the power of belief and love and trust and whatever shonen trash shout out to you. It requires a lot more, especially will and courage and strength- which, trust me, are not at all strongly and instinctively present in men like they appear to be. Likewise, you can't expect those characters to all possess the willpower to overcome themselves, now can you.
Aug 6, 2009 4:04 PM

Aug 2009
Drown said:
Well,there is not always a happy ending in real life either.I think Kaori Yuki tryes to make her characters and their relationships more realistic - only fairy tales end with "and they lived happily ever after".

yeah i know, but it makes me real depressed though, still she's my fav;3
Aug 6, 2009 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
BlauBlume said:
*SPOILER WARNING*

Kukita said:

the power of belief and love and trust and whatever shonen trash shout out to you. .

<3
Feb 16, 2023 10:30 AM
Dec 2017
its called a tragedy for a reason duh

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Psycho Knocker

mancer - Feb 14, 2008

4 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 16, 2023 10:31 AM

» What is your favorite Kaori Yuki manga?

Stelmaria - Aug 11, 2009

19 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Nov 11, 2022 9:22 AM

» Fairy Cube

---- - May 25, 2008

13 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Jul 28, 2022 4:38 AM

» ADD-ME Topic, People.

Multy - Jun 12, 2009

4 by minkie »»
Apr 10, 2010 2:57 PM

» GodChild 6 *spoilers*

icenek0 - Aug 1, 2007

1 by Kyomu9 »»
Nov 14, 2009 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.