Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 19, 2009 1:16 AM

Dec 2008
This Thread is ONLY for the "Fushigi Yuugi" Manga & Anime and also for FY: Genbu Kaiden Manga.
-K0K0-Nov 13, 2009 7:10 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jul 19, 2009 9:26 AM
Jul 2009
The fushigi yuugi series was one of the best, I loved thie series. I liked the four gods, (Byakko, Suzaku, Genbu, and Seiryu) and the legend of the book. I also liked Hotohori's long hair too, he always has something to say about his good looks... a beatiful emperor. I even liked the outfits, especially Chichiri and Nakago's outfit. Tamahome and Miaka's love was a very strong bond, they had to undergo many hardship to be together. My favorite character were Nuriko and Tasuki, ah I like them both so much in the story, their story and their bravely...(smile)
paigy_loliAug 14, 2009 7:23 PM
If I'm no longer replying back, means my life is busy. As simple as that. Will get back as life settle down.
Jul 19, 2009 12:45 PM

Mar 2008
*Warning my post my contain spoilers.*

I have yet to finish the manga, I think I've only read seven volumes of it. But I have finished the anime. At first I wasn't too sure about the series because the way it starts out, but once Miaka gets over to the other world it got much better. Then I absolutely fell in love with this series, right from the get go Hotohori was my favorite. I'm sucker for bishounens not to mention despite being a narcissist at times Hotohori was quite sweet and I adored his love for Miaka. Not to mention he was brave, and I bawled like a baby when he died.

As for the TamahomexMiaka love I did not enjoy it at all, not just because I'm a fan of HotohorixMiaka but because it was so dang mushy. It got to be old after a while, it was way too over the top not to mention half the time Tamahome angered/annoyed me. Miaka is alright but I still didn't/don't like her all that much she's like the typical shoujo heroine. Nuriko at first I didn't like him, because he was all snoody to say the least when I found out she was a he it shocked me because for the first time I couldn't tell. But as it went on I grew to like Nuriko quite a bit he was quite strong, and could be amusing at times(Another character I bawled over).

As for Chichiri and Tasuki I also liked them, not as much as Hotohori but their still awesome characters Tasuki made me laugh a lot, plus I thought he was a really cool character. As for Chichiri he was just one of those characters, that I just liked but cant really explain why. A character I loathed was Nakago, not even when I found out more about him did I like him. He was just one of those villains that I could not like, he was such a ruthless character. All for the sake of revenge he destroyed so many lives, and I just found I couldn't like him no matter how pretty he was.

Though I must say the kiss he and Tamahome shared was quite nice, but that's just the yaoi girl in me lol. Anyways now onto more about the plot, I really liked the idea of how Miaka goes into a book, and on the other side is this new world. Not to mention I liked how Miaka had seven protectors, and the story of the four gods was rather intriguing to. Though at times the Chinese names their given confuses me, but its still interesting to see how the Chinese and Japanese collide. The character design, and the overall art really appealed to me, it was so detailed and beautiful. Overall this show was like one big soap opera, and I've cried too many times to count over this one. But despite all of that I still adore this series from the bottom of my heart.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

Aug 12, 2009 8:34 PM

Jul 2009
Fushigi Yuugi i think was the first anime that i think started me out to be an anime fangirl (i saw little anime before but i didn't think much of it, it was the 90s anime just wasn't big when i was a kid) (kids today are so lucky to have so much of it on tv and on demand on Comcast THANK YOU COMCAST for all my anime needs......anyway Fushigi Yuugi)

my friends were really into it so my BFF broght it with her for a sleepover and we watched it back then i loved it like crazy, know its a crezy anime i love but i think the mangas more well developed.

today i wished Miaka wasn't so stupid of a female hero in the story (sure she at she was brave but shes such an idoit i don't like it) and Yui wasn't so stupid to turn sides so qickly (i know Nakago was brian washing her when she was depress and alone...BUT STILL) and some things were out of nowhere (mostly in the OVAs)

but i still love the anime for its my chezzy childhood memory, of days drawing my own story verstion of it with my friends and talking about who get which guy. (i even got the whole DVD package to support the creator and peoiple who helped make it for giving me such happy middle school memorys)

also to this day i love trapped in another world theamed storys or just plain fantasy storys but mostly trapped in another world.
Aug 20, 2013 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
EsenEcho: Haha FY is also one of my childhood chees memory. I watched t in high school and I couldn' stop talking about it at school. Many of my classmates thought I'm crazy but I loved the show a lot.

I reread the manga last year and I find it much too cheesy for my tastes now. :D But it was definietly good in high school.

also I found that Genbu Kaiden amuses me a lot more. Takiko is wa more serious and not as dumb as Miaka. Although the protectors could be a bit more "mature" the main characters have better side stories and the story in itself is more brethtaking and serious then the original was.
I'm actually pretty sad, that Watashe is not continouing it any time soon. :((
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: Poll: » - Hana wa Sakura yori mo Hana no Gotoku -

-K0K0- - Apr 25, 2012

14 by rueful »»
Dec 8, 2013 9:11 AM

Sticky: » * RH Guessing Game * ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-K0K0- - May 11, 2009

257 by Finarien »»
Aug 20, 2013 11:20 AM

Poll: » - Hakuouki Shinsengumi Kitan - ( 1 2 )

-K0K0- - Nov 15, 2009

58 by Disapparate »»
Nov 13, 2012 12:47 PM

Sticky: » - Relations List -

-K0K0- - Jun 28, 2009

12 by tsubasalover »»
Jul 9, 2012 8:28 PM

Poll: » - Red River -

-K0K0- - Jan 29, 2010

16 by blue-y »»
Jul 4, 2012 12:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.