Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]
Mar 28, 2013 11:00 AM
Jun 2012
this is the internet where people would just take the higher moral ground in order to sound and look good. but in reality we all know things are very different.
Mar 28, 2013 5:46 PM
Mar 2012
In my opinion, suicide is considered wrong as long as the person who commits the act, doesn't really have any reason to take their own life.

A cancer pation who just wants to end it - reason.
A twat who's just depressed and has never tried to change things - not a reason.

I do believe that every person should have the right to kill themselves, however it is an unhonourable act as long as you can't really provide any reason.
Mar 29, 2013 8:35 AM
Jul 2012
becouse the inherited values of the society lead a lot of people to think that way(like most religious views)
itt a lot of people are generalizing suicide, while they'd have to distinguish between cases.
while it's true that a good % of people that suicides do it becouse they are desperate it doesn't ofc imply that everyone think like that

basically as long as the person is still able to think properly he can simply do an esteem on what will be the gain in remaining alive and dying; if he think that the pains outweight the benefits than yeah, I think the suicide is the most reasonable thing to bo

suicide is generally considered a bad thing becouse people that suicide generally do it on an impulse rather than becouse of a rational evalutation of the present(the "stoic" suicide), but that's just a statistic and can't be used to condamn the suicide in general, and it shouldn't be

also lol at people saying it's the easy way out, even assumed it is like that(while suicide is instead very difficult to accomplish), we are rationals being becouse we actually know how to take the most efficent/effective way in our choices, it would be just an idiot/animal to chose the most inefficient/difficult/idiotic choice assuming you don't hurt anyone(basically someone that take the difficult way in something while there is an easy way without downsides is simply an idiot)
Mar 29, 2013 11:18 AM

Nov 2011
First world country: "My Life isn't worth living!"

Third world Country: "Shut the F*ck up!!"
Mar 29, 2013 12:30 PM

Feb 2013
Zyrocz said:
A twat who's just depressed and has never tried to change things - not a reason

Why change to someone you're not?

And why do you have to put in twat? thats just pathetic.
Apr 4, 2013 8:13 AM

Mar 2009
I don't consider it a bad thing I'd say it's more of a sad thing that a person doesn't see any way out of his/her misery than suicide.

You might consider it a bad thing if that person leaves close relatives behind (especially wife and kids) but I think it's for everyone to decide how they want to live their life.
I personally wouldn't want to leave my wife and kids behind like this but to each his own.

Also I think it's important to note that most people who try to suicide don't actually want to die.
It's more of a "if I get help it's still worth living and if not it's fine too" decision.
I also think this is the reason that so many people do suicide wrong (like sliding their wrists horizontally).
They don't do it wrong because they're to dumb to suicide but rather because they think about what I said before.

Maybe I should also add that I know a lot about this from personal experience in my paramedic work and my work in an institution that gives a home to abused children.
Pages (13) « First ... « 11 12 [13]

More topics from this board

» Anime conventions

Lisara999 - Sep 23, 2020

9 by animeadept »»
10 minutes ago

» Going to an anime convention later this month

Rainissance - Jan 7, 2020

10 by animeadept »»
15 minutes ago

» What anime or anime episodes give you a nostalgic summer feeling?

heyaheya - 29 minutes ago

0 by heyaheya »»
29 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

835 by deg »»
49 minutes ago

» Some of y'all are wayyy too narrow-minded and pessimisstic because of it

Timeline_man - 4 hours ago

6 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.