Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2012 5:05 PM

Dec 2010
Smooched said:
So I am automatically a hater for pointing out that the SAO light novels are of the same quality as the anime. How amusing and cute.

You need work on your interpretation skills...and grammar. You look like a dude that just discovered the semicolon. Show it off to the world young one!

Sure i don't mind being called young, real ages regardless i rather act young and immature then old and snobbish. That said your statement has no basis; if you did a breakdown of how they were the "same quality" you would be ripped to pieces by something you lack and that is called reason. Frankly people like you are amusing because you feel that everything must be spelled out for you, i bet you even say a show that hasn't finished yet has plot holes. Better yet you likely even post retarded points that were just explained earlier in the very same forum. Before you start running with your ignorance perhaps you should learn to walk because with that kind of reasoning you aren't going to get anywhere.
Sep 28, 2012 5:06 PM
Jul 2012
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Sep 28, 2012 5:06 PM

Jan 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
ShiroX said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Smooched said:
What I can't understand is why people rave about the novels, when the anime and the novels are essentially the same thing.

LOL; you people say stuff like this then expect people to take you seriously

ssjokg said:
Eh no not at all.
From the best anime adaption(Fate zero) to SAO and from SAO to the worse adaption Tsukihime the source material was ALWAYS better be it LN,VN or manga.

This, i enjoy SAO but that said its nothing compared to the novels; the character development got shot in the anime; that isn't the case in the novels; its been said many times over but you people don't care to listen, well whatever; like i said before the hate you bring to the forums is pointless, you hating it will not change its popularity; it will only bring unneeded animosity that contains not reason nor purpose; you are wasting your time watching something you hate; heck some morons even make reviews hating on the series wasting even MORE time; you hate something yet you spend soooooooo much time on it; the irony is truly amusing.

it would be incredibly stupid and one-sided if only people who liked a series wrote reviews

also, hating is fun
not a good thing, but that's just the way it is

You know you made my point all by yourself right? Its not a good thing. However i do agree with you, there are two sides to every coin after all. People shouldn't misunderstand, i don't care if you dislike or hate this series, i really really don't. You are entitled to your own opinion, but the way you express it and the reason for it is stupid. As has been pointed out, the popularity of the series makes it more hated then it would be if one took a step back and looked at it normally. Also the way the hate is described just brings unneeded conflict and makes the forums almost intolerable. If one wants to hate this series because they dislike the plot, the characters, the whatever, thats one thing but to hate a series because of its popularity and then simply use one line sarcastic insult remarks is pathetic and redundant. Also like i said before i find it completely pointless to watch something you hate, why watch something that you hold no hope for; is it truly time well spent just to make fun of something? that is seeking conflict and that is what i have a problem with.

Only one semicolon used- it's a record!
./Sorry I just had to

And, trust me, a lot of people, me included, continue watching something we hate even though it pisses us off. It's just fun to hate sometimes.
With that being said, it's the same case with SAO. Not necessarily a bad anime at all, but the drama fans add by exaggerating is what sadly disapproves most.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 5:07 PM

Jul 2009
Best series of the year at the very least, since everyone's making a big deal out of it, haters, fanboys, who cares. It's BIG in all senses of the word.
What else could one ask for? Less whiners, that's what!
Sep 28, 2012 5:07 PM

Jan 2010
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

What flavor?
./Trolling on the sidelines
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2012 5:08 PM
Oct 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

What flavor?
Guys, save it for tomorrow, there's a fishing episode tomorrow, it's probably gonna be a long night. (where I live)
Sep 28, 2012 5:08 PM

Jul 2009
Kurimu-chan said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

What flavor?

That's trolling?
Sep 28, 2012 5:09 PM
Mar 2008
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

Whoppers sound great right now. Can I get some of those?
Sep 28, 2012 5:10 PM

Aug 2009
Candor said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.
Guys, save it for tomorrow, there's a fishing episode tomorrow, it's probably gonna be a long night here.

I like how you arent absolutely sure about that.It will definitely be a long night.
Sep 28, 2012 5:10 PM

Jan 2008
Candor said:
Kurimu-chan said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

What flavor?
Guys, save it for tomorrow, there's a fishing episode tomorrow, it's gonna be a long night.

Go Kirito! Go!

Sep 28, 2012 5:11 PM

Dec 2010
Kurimu-chan said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ShiroX said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Smooched said:
What I can't understand is why people rave about the novels, when the anime and the novels are essentially the same thing.

LOL; you people say stuff like this then expect people to take you seriously

ssjokg said:
Eh no not at all.
From the best anime adaption(Fate zero) to SAO and from SAO to the worse adaption Tsukihime the source material was ALWAYS better be it LN,VN or manga.

This, i enjoy SAO but that said its nothing compared to the novels; the character development got shot in the anime; that isn't the case in the novels; its been said many times over but you people don't care to listen, well whatever; like i said before the hate you bring to the forums is pointless, you hating it will not change its popularity; it will only bring unneeded animosity that contains not reason nor purpose; you are wasting your time watching something you hate; heck some morons even make reviews hating on the series wasting even MORE time; you hate something yet you spend soooooooo much time on it; the irony is truly amusing.

it would be incredibly stupid and one-sided if only people who liked a series wrote reviews

also, hating is fun
not a good thing, but that's just the way it is

You know you made my point all by yourself right? Its not a good thing. However i do agree with you, there are two sides to every coin after all. People shouldn't misunderstand, i don't care if you dislike or hate this series, i really really don't. You are entitled to your own opinion, but the way you express it and the reason for it is stupid. As has been pointed out, the popularity of the series makes it more hated then it would be if one took a step back and looked at it normally. Also the way the hate is described just brings unneeded conflict and makes the forums almost intolerable. If one wants to hate this series because they dislike the plot, the characters, the whatever, thats one thing but to hate a series because of its popularity and then simply use one line sarcastic insult remarks is pathetic and redundant. Also like i said before i find it completely pointless to watch something you hate, why watch something that you hold no hope for; is it truly time well spent just to make fun of something? that is seeking conflict and that is what i have a problem with.

Only one semicolon used- it's a record!
./Sorry I just had to

And, trust me, a lot of people, me included, continue watching something we hate even though it pisses us off. It's just fun to hate sometimes.
With that being said, it's the same case with SAO. Not necessarily a bad anime at all, but the drama fans add by exaggerating is what sadly disapproves most.

You know thats another thing that is truly ironic. I think its safe to say that hype in general puts a lot of pressure to a series, which many times destroys it due to failing to meet expectations (Guilty Crown) then answer me this, how is hype created? By people saying its good, here and there right? Now this is where you blame LN fans but in reality the fault really lies with you; instead of waiting and seeing for yourself what the series really was you allowed deluded expectations to twist your perception of what the show really is, and in all likelihood i doubt even if SAO was flawless (which it isn't) that people wouldn't hate on it; hype brings that kind of malice. Then to top it off it creates a chain reaction; hype many times creates popularity and then that proceeds to create even MORE hate with people calling it overrated, its a stupid cycle you should at least realize this.
Mar 2008
That screenshot leads me to believe kirito dies in this episode.

Jan 2010
Tsundereppoi said:
Best series of the year at the very least, since everyone's making a big deal out of it, haters, fanboys, who cares. It's BIG in all senses of the word.

IMO, just because a series has a huge fanbase doesn't necessarily make it the Best Anime of The Year, just probably the most talked about.
If SAO is the best anime of the year, I wonder what anime like Uchuu Kyoudai and Kuroko no Basket rank (:
Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
Candor said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.
Guys, save it for tomorrow, there's a fishing episode tomorrow, it's probably gonna be a long night here.

I like how you arent absolutely sure about that.It will definitely be a long night.
You see, I have to sleep early and wake up early to watch Hunter x Hunter, but who knows, if it's fun I'll stay awake.
Sep 28, 2012 5:12 PM

Jan 2010
eldon2 said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

Whoppers sound great right now. Can I get some of those?

Join the sidelines and enjoy the show!
Sep 28, 2012 5:13 PM

Jan 2010
Paul said:
Candor said:
Kurimu-chan said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

What flavor?
Guys, save it for tomorrow, there's a fishing episode tomorrow, it's gonna be a long night.

Go Kirito! Go!

It's ok, I wasn't Planning on sleeping tonight.
Sep 28, 2012 5:14 PM
Mar 2008
Candor said:
ssjokg said:
Candor said:
FailAtLife said:
Kurimu-chan said:
./Brings Popcorn
I prefer potato chips.

You see, I have to sleep early and wake up early to watch Hunter x Hunter, but who knows, if it's fun I'll stay awake

Just what were we fighting for? Nothing will be born from hatred." Gesicht (Pluto).

Except powerful war machines
Sep 28, 2012 5:15 PM

Aug 2009
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

IMO, just because a series has a huge fanbase doesn't necessarily make it the Best Anime of The Year, just probably the most talked about.
If SAO is the best anime of the year, I wonder what anime like Uchuu Kyoudai and Kuroko no Basket rank (:

3916 readers isnt a huge fanbase at all.Even if you add 2000 more people that probably didnt update their list with the SAO LN it isnt anywhere near a huge fanbase.

And it definitely isnt the reason SAO anime is ranked so high.

Space brother's first ep was better than all of SAO's ep till now.
Sep 28, 2012 5:17 PM

Jan 2010
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

3916 readers isnt a huge fanbase at all.Even if you add 2000 more people that probably didnt update their list with the SAO LN it isnt anywhere near a huge fanbase.

What if I told you that not all people who watch SAO have an MAL account?

Not to mention the intense hype over the series in Japan alone.

Mar 2012
I lost braincells in this thread. 1 fanboy is all it takes.

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

It's because it's a MMO based anime.
Sep 28, 2012 5:18 PM

Jul 2011
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

Are you telling me that the ones who have only watched the anime can´t be considered part of the fanbase because they haven´t read those stupid novels? *shrug*
Sep 28, 2012 5:20 PM

Jun 2012
Paul said:

Not really. The whole story could work out in a standard fantasy setting without issue. SAO just throws in a few MMO references here and there and everyone gives it a 10.
Sep 28, 2012 5:20 PM

Aug 2009
Kurimu-chan said:
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

I am talkng about the MAL here.I have no idea whats going on on other site but I doubt it affects the ranking here.
Sep 28, 2012 5:21 PM
Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
QFT.
Sep 28, 2012 5:21 PM

Jan 2010
Paul said:
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

Agreed- the minute someone sees that it's MMO, it appeals to them and justifies ranking it 10/10 from episode 1 alone.

Got to give a hand for the author if the LN, he was smart enough to realize that an MMO story would get him all the money and fame.
Sep 28, 2012 5:22 PM

Jul 2011
ssjokg said:
I am talkng about the MAL here.I have no idea whats going on on other site but I doubt it affects the ranking here.

In ANN it´s highly ranked too. So it´s easy to tell that the hype is everywhere.

Aug 2009
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

Are you telling me that the ones who have only watched the anime can´t be considered part of the fanbase because they haven´t read those stupid novels? *shrug*

A lot of people blame the LN fanbase for SAO being so overrated so here I am talking ONLY about the LN fanbase.

Jan 2010
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

I was not talking about the ranking, but the fact that someone mentioned SAO being the best anime of 2012 (:
Sep 28, 2012 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

Not really. The whole story could work out in a standard fantasy setting without issue. SAO just throws in a few MMO references here and there and everyone gives it a 10.

I mean the reason it's getting all these viewers is because of its MMO theme. Gaming right now is a huge thing in this era compared to the past, a anime about a MMO would get a great deal of views simply because of its theme.
Sep 28, 2012 5:25 PM

Aug 2009
Kurimu-chan said:
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Tsundereppoi said:

I was not talking about the ranking, but the fact that someone mentioned SAO being the best anime of 2012 (:

Maybe he didnt watch anything else that aired this year.I hope...
Or maybe he is a 12 year old that started with SAO instead with Naruto.
Sep 28, 2012 5:25 PM

Jul 2011
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

I mean the reason it's getting all these viewers is because of its MMO theme. Gaming right now is a huge thing in this era compared to the past, a anime about a MMO would get a great deal of views simply because of it's theme.

Then what about .hack//SIGN? It´s better produced than SAO and there´s no need to say the rest.
Sep 28, 2012 5:26 PM

Jan 2008
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

I mean the reason it's getting all these viewers is because of its MMO theme. Gaming right now is a huge thing in this era compared to the past, a anime about a MMO would get a great deal of views simply because of it's theme.

Then what about .hack//SIGN? It´s better produced than SAO and there´s no need to say the rest.

MMO's weren't nearly as popular back then as they are now.
Sep 28, 2012 5:27 PM

Jun 2012
Anyone who hates SAO and thinks it's overrated should just move to 4chan. It's a lot better there for SAO haters since there are SAO troll threads almost daily. Plus they have actual taste (imo of course).

That way, we won't have as many circlejerk threads like this one.

Jan 2010
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

I mean the reason it's getting all these viewers is because of its MMO theme. Gaming right now is a huge thing in this era compared to the past, a anime about a MMO would get a great deal of views simply because of its theme.

Totally agree with you there. Author of the LN was probably aware that that's where the money's at during these times.

Aug 2009
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

MAybe everyone is new in the anime world so SAO was right in front of them....
I have been watching anime since 2008 and while I know the .hack series I havent watch any yet.
Sep 28, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2011
Kurimu-chan said:
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

Totally agree with you there. Author of the LN was probably aware that that's where the money's at during these times.

SAO was supposedly written around the same time as the .hack series started. It became popular much later.
Sep 28, 2012 5:30 PM

Aug 2009
Candor said:
ssjokg said:
QFT.

I know right?
Just because I like SAO(both LN and anime,with LN>>anime) it doesnt mean I cant see the differences with other series.

Jan 2010
Uberchu said:
Anyone who hates SAO and thinks it's overrated should just move to 4chan. It's a lot better there for SAO haters since there are SAO troll threads almost daily. Plus they have actual taste (imo of course).

But it's fun to hate ;(

Anyway, forums are where people discuss their opinions, be it good or bad- so I see nothing wrong with these threads appearing on MAL.

Jan 2008
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

SAO was supposedly written around the same time as the .hack series started. It became popular much later.

The time they were animated makes a big difference though. I never read the 'original' version of SAO but the current light novel was 'revised' and modified IIRC.
Sep 28, 2012 5:31 PM

Jan 2010
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

Thanks fot correcting me then (:

I'm just wondering when and how SAO gained all this attention when it was relatively unknown just a few years ago..
Sep 28, 2012 5:32 PM

Jan 2010
Paul said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

The time they were animated makes a big difference though. I never read the 'original' version of SAO but the current light novel was 'revised' and modified IIRC.

From what I see SAO was popular even before the Anime adaption. Still wondering when the fanbase actually appeared.
Sep 28, 2012 5:32 PM

Jul 2011
Japanese Editorials and Baka-Tsuki, maybe?
Sep 28, 2012 5:34 PM

Aug 2009
Paul said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Paul said:
Uberchu said:
Paul said:

As far as I know from people that read the original,it's not that different.According to what someone said(i think it was in UTW's site) about Lizbet's original story it sounded to me that SAO truly was a harem before the revision.
Sep 28, 2012 5:34 PM

Jan 2008
Karura_Jiinsaru said:

That'd be my guess as well. I'm not really into light novels.
Sep 28, 2012 5:35 PM

Jan 2010
Karura_Jiinsaru said:

I'm also referring to the sales in Japan- when did SAO suddenly become so widespread? I never noticed. You can't enter one book store in Japan without being swarmed with SAO novels and related matchandise/posters.
Same goes for the weekly sales ranking..
Sep 28, 2012 5:36 PM

Aug 2009
Kurimu-chan said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:

I'm also referring to the sales in Japan- when did SAO suddenly become so widespread? I never noticed. You can't enter one book store in Japan without being swarmed with SAO novels and related matchandise/posters.

well SAO was first posted in the author's site in 2002.Then in 2009 it was published as a LN.
Sep 28, 2012 5:38 PM

Jul 2011
Acording
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:

well SAO was first posted in the author's site in 2002.Then in 2009 it was published as a LN.

That surely gives the author (it was also prized by the editorial) plenty of time to attain more popularity than what could have gained from his site.
Sep 28, 2012 5:39 PM

Jan 2010
ssjokg said:
Kurimu-chan said:
Karura_Jiinsaru said:

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying. Though it seems to me like the novel only gained widespread attention during late 2011 - 2012. Probably due to the Anime announcement and us people who have not read the original novels..
Sep 28, 2012 5:42 PM

Mar 2012
Uberchu said:

>/a/
>good taste

IMO, Everything /a/ likes is shit and everything /a/ hates is good, that's it.
But I agree with you, these people should just move to 4chan .-.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

99 by Chaos90003 »»
12 hours ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

20 by Swyzen »»
Yesterday, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.