Sep 27, 2011 9:26 AM
Aug 2009
i think this will be 9-10/10 anime :D damn i must see this ^_^
Sep 27, 2011 10:36 AM

Nov 2009
Roloko said:
Diceroll said:
argilium said:
as Production I.G, it has all the cyberpunk elements in the animation that i love..
as a product of those that wrote Code Geass, i hope it turns out to be an excitingly gritty show..
as NoitaminA, this should make it as not your average anime..
as a 2-cour series, this somehow ensures that we won't be experiencing a rushed plot..

i'm excited.. this seems to be a big contender for next season.. and Fall 2011 already had big names in it..

what does "2-cour series" mean anyways?

It means its going to last 2 seasons instead of 1 basically.

Are both seasons going to last 20+ episodes?
Sep 27, 2011 10:38 AM

Feb 2009
Diceroll said:
Roloko said:
Diceroll said:
argilium said:
as Production I.G, it has all the cyberpunk elements in the animation that i love..
as a product of those that wrote Code Geass, i hope it turns out to be an excitingly gritty show..
as NoitaminA, this should make it as not your average anime..
as a 2-cour series, this somehow ensures that we won't be experiencing a rushed plot..

i'm excited.. this seems to be a big contender for next season.. and Fall 2011 already had big names in it..

what does "2-cour series" mean anyways?

It means its going to last 2 seasons instead of 1 basically.

Are both seasons going to last 20+ episodes?

Guilty Crown is 22 episodes long. Each "season" is 11 episodes you could say, but it's not really divided up like that -- it airs all at once.
Sep 28, 2011 3:13 AM
Sep 2011
Hello, everyone. I'm pretty new to anime. I watched DragonBall Z quite a bit when it was aired here in the U.S., and recently have watched 15 or so epsiodes of "Burst Angel" on youtube - that's about the extent of my anime experience. A wallpaper of one of the Guilty Crown characters caught my eye and prompted me to investigate further, which led me here.

I understand that this series is releasing sometime in October - where would I be able to watch it at that time? Are there any TRUSTED sites that it can be streamed from, or do I need to buy it from an online vendor or something? Or, would I be able to watch it here on this site, even? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Also, while I'm at it - can anyone recommend any other good animes? I usually steer clear of the more supernatural, demonistic shows in favor of shows with more of a sci-fi theme, if that helps with any recommendations. Thanks again!
Sep 28, 2011 2:39 PM
May 2011
MegaBubble said:
Hello, everyone. I'm pretty new to anime. I watched DragonBall Z quite a bit when it was aired here in the U.S., and recently have watched 15 or so epsiodes of "Burst Angel" on youtube - that's about the extent of my anime experience. A wallpaper of one of the Guilty Crown characters caught my eye and prompted me to investigate further, which led me here.

I understand that this series is releasing sometime in October - where would I be able to watch it at that time? Are there any TRUSTED sites that it can be streamed from, or do I need to buy it from an online vendor or something? Or, would I be able to watch it here on this site, even? Thanks in advance for your replies.

Also, while I'm at it - can anyone recommend any other good animes? I usually steer clear of the more supernatural, demonistic shows in favor of shows with more of a sci-fi theme, if that helps with any recommendations. Thanks again!

Oh hi welcome to the anime community o-o. Pretty much every anime that airs in Japan gets a streaming somewhere as for Guilty Crown as it is being one of the most anticipated shows be sure someones's going to sub it and stream it.
I believe Doki and Commie are going to subbing it. As for sci-fi you can probably do a genre check and at a look at some of the highest ranking shows in the genre to see what you should check out. Im not a fan of sci-fi Guilty Crown is one of my firsts if the the very first but I think people liked are Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, uhh...Summer Wars was good ( dun know if its Sci-fi ) and then there is Steins;Gate which was a really good one =)
ban1o.jpg
Sep 28, 2011 2:51 PM
Sep 2011
RyuKirin said:
Oh hi welcome to the anime community o-o. Pretty much every anime that airs in Japan gets a streaming somewhere as for Guilty Crown as it is being one of the most anticipated shows be sure someones's going to sub it and stream it.
I believe Doki and Commie are going to subbing it. As for sci-fi you can probably do a genre check and at a look at some of the highest ranking shows in the genre to see what you should check out. Im not a fan of sci-fi Guilty Crown is one of my firsts if the the very first but I think people liked are Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, uhh...Summer Wars was good ( dun know if its Sci-fi ) and then there is Steins;Gate which was a really good one =)

Oh cool, thanks for the reply. So...is there a good site where I can find one of these subtitled versions being streamed? I've got no idea who "Doki" and "Commie" are or where I can find them. Pardon me for all the noobish questions but, well, I am a newb, heh.
Sep 28, 2011 3:34 PM

May 2010
MegaBubble said:
RyuKirin said:

Oh cool, thanks for the reply. So...is there a good site where I can find one of these subtitled versions being streamed? I've got no idea who "Doki" and "Commie" are or where I can find them. Pardon me for all the noobish questions but, well, I am a newb, heh.

Welcome to MAL, MegaBubble. This website doesn't stream any anime or offer downloads, its mainly just a forum and anime database. I don't really know who "Doki" or "Commie" are, either, though I assume they're fan-subbers. Whenever new anime broadcasts each season, shows get picked up usually by fans, who add subtitles and post them on their websites, and sometimes companies. Personally, I prefer watching the companies' official streams, such as from the websites of Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hulu, or, more recently, Nico Nico Douga. The fall season, in which Guilty Crown will premiere, is going to start rolling in about a week. Between then and today, the aforementioned websites should start announcing which shows they've picked up to simulcast in the U.S. on their websites. Unfortunately, none of them have said anything about Guilty Crown yet, though I bet one of them will pick it up. In fact, so far I've only seen one fall show announced for simulcast.

I'm pretty sure some company will simulcast Guilty Crown, but if no one does, then there are plenty of fansub groups who will, so don't worry about not being able to watch it.
Sep 28, 2011 6:35 PM
May 2011
MegaBubble said:
RyuKirin said:

I don't really know who "Doki" or "Commie" are, either, though I assume they're fan-subbers. Whenever new anime broadcasts each season, shows get picked up usually by fans, who add subtitles and post them on their websites, and sometimes companies. Personally, I prefer watching the companies' official streams, such as from the websites of Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hulu, or, more recently, Nico Nico Douga. The fall season, in which Guilty Crown will premiere, is going to start rolling in about a week. Between then and today, the aforementioned websites should start announcing which shows they've picked up to simulcast in the U.S. on their websites. Unfortunately, none of them have said anything about Guilty Crown yet, though I bet one of them will pick it up. In fact, so far I've only seen one fall show announced for simulcast.

I'm pretty sure some company will simulcast Guilty Crown, but if no one does, then there are plenty of fansub groups who will, so don't worry about not being able to watch it.

DokiFansubs and Commie they are both fansub groups who sub anime into English. I just hope Funimation picks it up and actually dubs it. I will die from happiness if that ever happens.
ban1o.jpg
Sep 28, 2011 11:51 PM

Sep 2011
finally able to make a comment =3

this PV is just wow. highest on my list after SnS Final. music, art, and cast are just perfect im quite worried about the story. hope it's full of suspense and not slow-paced or whatever for 22 episodes.
Sep 29, 2011 1:38 AM

Feb 2010
Holy... holy crap.
*mindblown*

Sep 29, 2011 1:32 PM
Sep 2011
SubCricket said:
MegaBubble said:
RyuKirin said:

Welcome to MAL, MegaBubble. This website doesn't stream any anime or offer downloads, its mainly just a forum and anime database. I don't really know who "Doki" or "Commie" are, either, though I assume they're fan-subbers. Whenever new anime broadcasts each season, shows get picked up usually by fans, who add subtitles and post them on their websites, and sometimes companies. Personally, I prefer watching the companies' official streams, such as from the websites of Funimation, Crunchyroll, Hulu, or, more recently, Nico Nico Douga. The fall season, in which Guilty Crown will premiere, is going to start rolling in about a week. Between then and today, the aforementioned websites should start announcing which shows they've picked up to simulcast in the U.S. on their websites. Unfortunately, none of them have said anything about Guilty Crown yet, though I bet one of them will pick it up. In fact, so far I've only seen one fall show announced for simulcast.

Ah, thank you very much for this, SubCricket. I'll be checking each of those sites out, both for Guilty Crown and maybe a few older shows as well. Again, thanks a bunch!
Sep 29, 2011 4:12 PM

Feb 2009
MegaBubble said:

Go watch Steins;Gate, I'm sure you'll like it.
Seeing as you're interested in Guilty Crown, I'd definitely recommend Code Geass, as it has a similar concept behind it.

Other excellent shows featuring some sci-fi: Crest/Banner of the Stars, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, Planetes, Eureka Seven, Gundam: The 08th MS Team. Really think you should look up all of these and see if you like what you see, they're all incredible and all have very high reputations.
Sep 29, 2011 6:40 PM

May 2008
The PV looks cool. I'll try this
Sep 30, 2011 9:46 AM

Apr 2010
Man, so many anime to choose from this season :S... Trailer looked good, might give it a go :D
Sep 30, 2011 10:16 AM

Apr 2008
Still waiting for a high-res version of this PV. So far, it doesn't seem to have cropped up on the Net.

Maybe I will just have to wait until the first episode. It's going to be a long two weeks' wait.
Sep 30, 2011 11:03 AM
Sep 2011
Droplet said:
MegaBubble said:

Go watch Steins;Gate, I'm sure you'll like it.
Seeing as you're interested in Guilty Crown, I'd definitely recommend Code Geass, as it has a similar concept behind it.

Other excellent shows featuring some sci-fi: Crest/Banner of the Stars, Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop, Planetes, Eureka Seven, Gundam: The 08th MS Team. Really think you should look up all of these and see if you like what you see, they're all incredible and all have very high reputations.

Thanks a bunch, Droplet. I'll look into those, as well as Evangelion (which someone else recommended to me). Much appreciated!
Oct 1, 2011 7:16 PM

Sep 2010
When you rewatch a trailer continuously 10+ times, y'know it's a damn good trailer.
Oct 1, 2011 7:26 PM

May 2010
Chrono2 said:
When you rewatch a trailer continuously 10+ times, y'know it's a damn good trailer.

With damn good music to boot.
Oct 2, 2011 11:45 AM

Jan 2011
a_l_2606 said:
Chrono2 said:

^^ i have it on my itunes even if it's only a few seconds of the song with the VO i still listen to it!,why must these two weeks feel so long?! at least alot of new shows are popping up this week.
Oct 2, 2011 11:54 AM
May 2011
katsu044 said:
a_l_2606 said:
Chrono2 said:

^^ i have it on my itunes even if it's only a few seconds of the song with the VO i still listen to it!,why must these two weeks feel so long?! at least alot of new shows are popping up this week.

Oh, I should let everyone know now since it was already announced a few days ago but the OP will be released:
11/23/11 - and knowing supercell it won't just be the main song + another song + the 2 instrumentals, there are remixes and other stuff in their

and the ED comes out 11/30/11 - which as of right now I know it comes out with the PV.
ban1o.jpg
Oct 2, 2011 4:23 PM

May 2010
RyuKirin said:

Oh, I should let everyone know now since it was already announced a few days ago but the OP will be released:
11/23/11 - and knowing supercell it won't just be the main song + another song + the 2 instrumentals, there are remixes and other stuff in their

and the ED comes out 11/30/11 - which as of right now I know it comes out with the PV.

Source please.
Oct 2, 2011 4:37 PM

Nov 2010
Top priority anime this season!

The trailer is so good lol i just love it when it kind of goes silent and then she starts singing. OMG it fits the atmosphere so well.
Oct 12, 2011 6:52 PM

Nov 2009
Man, I haven't been this excited for an anime in a while!

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 13, 2011 1:41 AM

Apr 2011
Amutofan123 said:
Man, I haven't been this excited for an anime in a while!

Lol. Me too! I've lost count on how many times I watched the PV's and checked facebook fansite numerous times a day.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.