Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 12, 2023 12:32 AM
Apr 2022
ThisAaugh said:
I'm thinking about starting JJK but I don't know whether to watch this first or JJK. Can you guys help?

Well, I watched it after the first season and waited for the movie. A friend watched the movie together with me and wanted to watch the rest of JJK after it.
In the manga series, the movie is volume 0 which came out before all the other volumes, something like a test how readers like the story.
Personally I'd recommend you to watch the first season, then the film and then continue with the second season of the anime. You'll have a better understanding of the film if you watch the first season first. And you'll understand the second season better after watching the first season because they basically explain the whole world and how it functions in the first season
Aug 12, 2023 12:36 AM
Apr 2022
Truzzle said:
Ripperdoc said:

Dumb and nonsensical way to watch.

Actually… if you love a good action-packaged, fantastical mystery…they might be on to something here IF our flashback period from S2 is truly over.

If originally watched this way, it’s gonna require some rewatching or good memory as you get into the plot of S1, but it might make the relationship with characters like Gojo and Geto have more depth and connection and hype later on. Same way that seeing S1 then watching Inumaki, etc haul major you know what I means for release order watchers. If season one came out chronologically in watch order, I think the character relationships would’ve been all the more exciting. Stakes higher. Big questions finally answered about the world that left you hanging and clinging for the next. Etc spiel.

All that said, watch them in release order, haha. But I know what I’m about to binge through now that we’re paused on S2…

Truzzle, I can tell you that there's definitely gonna happen something as I'm reading the manga. But I won't tell what to avoid spoilers.
That something will happen is obvious.
Aug 12, 2023 8:35 AM
Jan 2023
ThisAaugh said:
I'm thinking about starting JJK but I don't know whether to watch this first or JJK. Can you guys help?

you can watch it before or after jjk season 1 doesn't make a difference
Aug 14, 2023 2:15 AM
Oct 2014
Anemone96 said:
IMO, the best way to watch it is season 1, 5 episodes of season 2, the JJK0 movie, then the rest of season 2. you'll get more of an emotional impact/ background for the movie that way, and it also sets up the context for the next arc

I agree with this tbh,
watching Season one will give you a good understanding of the JJK world and will help you understand it a lot better rather than jumping straight into S2 or the movie first.
watching S1, then the 5 episodes of S2 give you a bit of crucial backstory information for the movie.
I was a bit lost with all the newer characters with little to no backstory, and the 5 episodes filled that gap perfectly
so yeah S1 -> S2 (5 episodes) THEN JJK0 movie
Aug 15, 2023 8:00 PM
Feb 2023
You can theoretically watch it first as it takes place a year before season 1. But i think that it’s more enjoyable watching it after season 1 because you understand the world and the characters a lot better and can enjoy the film. It’s kind of cool rewatching season 1 tho after watching the film and noticing how many times they brought up Yuta before we knew who he was.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen 0 Movie Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Dec 23, 2021

387 by Antonio_Ricart »»
May 25, 11:22 AM

» Yuta should had been the protagonist of the Whole Series ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Sep 20, 2022

50 by Ant161718 »»
Apr 2, 9:37 PM

» is it too late

Oya-Oya - Mar 26

20 by acension_986 »»
Mar 28, 9:07 AM

» NOW is the perfect time to watch this after EP1-5 on S02

xXTensaZenXx - Aug 3, 2023

12 by kiyokaii2001 »»
Feb 11, 8:18 PM

» Why did Gojo have to do that at the end of the film?

DarKViVi66 - Oct 8, 2023

15 by Early_Morning »»
Jan 16, 2:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.