Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Why Episode 1(prologue) was so underwhelming for me- can I expect more for next ones?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Apr 16, 2023 3:48 AM
Jun 2022
bro really judged a show with 1 EP. Omegalul
Apr 16, 2023 3:49 AM
Aug 2022
JamesNuts said:
bro really judged a show with 1 EP. Omegalul

honestly hilarious
Apr 16, 2023 3:51 AM
Oct 2021
Chris7o said:
If you're looking for that kind of realism then this just isnt for you, but I agree with your points about the dialogue. Most anime are pretty bad in that regard but it was pretty distracting how exposition heavy it was, especially that last scene of Ai and the stalker felt very heavy handed
this anime may just become my favorite too, too early to tell. I said it underwhelmed and disappointed me, not disliked it altogether. It is too soon to tell. I disliked the gore as bait material and main protagonist in AoT when it first came out in 2013. Over the course of time, with subsequent seasons and specially because of manga, I came to absolutely love it. I will still criticize the parts I didn’t like. I don’t think there is any way to like something 100%.
Probably my irritation was triggered by the dialogues and started me questioning everything else too. I need to read the manga too.
Apr 16, 2023 3:58 AM
Mar 2022
Anyway lets just focus the points real quick

1. music is a banger.
2. the depiction of the part of showbizz i am part of is pretty realistic but slightly exaggarated.
3. Even tho the show is very realistic at some points it often times disent take it sekf to serious.(dancing babyies for example)
4. The doctors backstory is explained maybe you missed it?
5. its quite realistic that you as the manager care about the idol if your 1 her leagle gurdian/adoptive father and 2 dont want your employes to find out (we saw what his wife almost did)
6. I cant say to much about the idol scene personaly but i think the fact that idols play it of like there friends even though they probaly often times cant stand each other is pretty realistic in this bussines will always be a bit of hatred and envy.
7. of course the getting stabbed scene is a bizzare situation but have you ever gotten stabed alone in this scenerio i think the whole thing is kinda bizzare and i would have no idea how i would react to getting stabed. (you could also consider her talking to the fan as a way to try and protect her children from harm)
Apr 16, 2023 4:00 AM
Oct 2021
Impctz said:
very slight spoilers to the manga

i have to completly disagree: 1 the doctors backstory and why he loves idols is explaint in the first episode and also covert a little bit more later on in the story
I also think you have no idea how actual showbizz works because even tho i cant say a lot about the movie production (wich in the part of the anime we saw so far was mostly small indi productions) i am in a bizz covert later in the story and have to say its pretty much realistic (atleast for that part) compared to my experience even tho slightly exaggarated.
the thing with idols is exactly what the story tells you about pretty lies just because a few girls are to getter in a small group and spend a lot of time because of work dose t make them automaticly friends or dosent make it so they get good along thogether in reality sure some are gonna like each other or get along decently but theres also always gonna be hatred and envy between group members.
Now about the manager sure its not usual for a manager to drive an idol around and co but it is pretty realistic. first if she wants to keep her romance secret its probaly not gonna be very hard for her. Also if you are the manager and one of your idols gets pregnant wich could destroy your whole small company then you bet you driver her around personaly as to not let any of your employs find out because s we saw with his wife it is tempting to just sell that Information for a lot of money.
The scenen where ai gets stabed is in my opinion has a decent length and the conversation with the guy is just a bizzare reaction from her but thats the whole thing getting stabbed is a pretty bizzare senario.
I think you slightly misunderstood what I said. I was saying where is the manager in the first place, we only see the President. So we don’t see any manager let alone driving her or monitoring her activities, that is my question. I guess the President just kept his wife as manager who was slacking. Let’s leave it at that then.
Idol members are not necessarily friends or enemies, yes, either way they would ask or poke around more. Maybe the President shut them up somehow, and they turned blind eye. Let’s accept that too.
I wasn’t questioning doctors love for Ai, his sole focus on Ai and idols in general to the point that before and after death, that’s all he cares about. That happens to people I guess who pretty much have given up on rest of things and focus on the only thing they love.
The last part with Ai can maybe chalked up to Ai having a different kind of mindset in general, she is a bit weird as commented by doctor/aqua.
Apr 16, 2023 4:10 AM

Jul 2019
nushrathumaira said:
I do see somehow my pointing out a list of criticism would make anyone think I am asking for realism in every part. I wasn’t though, specially because I knew it has supernatural theme, but when they started portraying idol circumstances, it brought more reality than I expected.

Well yea, every single point you made about idol industry can have exceptions. You watched anime for years, you should also know that anime tends to take a problem and exaggerate or understate in portraying it.

nushrathumaira said:
Frankly speaking, to understand the core message we probably need to see the whole thing through.

Then I guess judging it just from the first episode is a bit soon? They'll get into idol/acting stuff more later on.

But, it's a revenge story, they needed to make it as convenient as possible to set Aqua ready for the main goal.
You were already not happy about it being dialogue heavy about idol realities, and wanted to cut it short. Not many people care/know and want to know about idol industry and are here for the revenge part. They hardly sing in this series, it should be obvious that it's not even made for the avid idol fans (a lot of them hate to talk about the dark part of the industry they're enthusiastic about). It should be just the right amount, for idol fans to sympathize a bit and for the revenge story fans to not get bored (tho I still got bored after finishing Akane's arc).

nushrathumaira said:
As for bait posts, I didn’t have much idea. I read posts more in manga forums than anime. I post when I want to discuss with others, the reason why I joined MAL after not having an account for so long. I don’t see the fun in bait posts either, maybe some do

It's ok, I just have paranoia, I got baited a lot in the past.

Apr 16, 2023 4:27 AM
Oct 2021
NECOdes said:
nushrathumaira said:
I do see somehow my pointing out a list of criticism would make anyone think I am asking for realism in every part. I wasn’t though, specially because I knew it has supernatural theme, but when they started portraying idol circumstances, it brought more reality than I expected.

Well yea, every single point you made about idol industry can have exceptions. You watched anime for years, you should also know that anime tends to take a problem and exaggerate or understate in portraying it.

nushrathumaira said:
Frankly speaking, to understand the core message we probably need to see the whole thing through.

Then I guess judging it just from the first episode is a bit soon? They'll get into idol/acting stuff more later on.

But, it's a revenge story, they needed to make it as convenient as possible to set Aqua ready for the main goal.
You were already not happy about it being dialogue heavy about idol realities, and wanted to cut it short. Not many people care/know and want to know about idol industry and are here for the revenge part. They hardly sing in this series, it should be obvious that it's not even made for the avid idol fans (a lot of them hate to talk about the dark part of the industry they're enthusiastic about). It should be just the right amount, for idol fans to sympathize a bit and for the revenge story fans to not get bored (tho I still got bored after finishing Akane's arc).

nushrathumaira said:
As for bait posts, I didn’t have much idea. I read posts more in manga forums than anime. I post when I want to discuss with others, the reason why I joined MAL after not having an account for so long. I don’t see the fun in bait posts either, maybe some do

It's ok, I just have paranoia, I got baited a lot in the past.

I overthought this first episode lot more than I ought to, because I have been waiting for quite a while. Exaggerations are what makes Anime special after all, I will stop trying to nitpick idol industry realism and just enjoy. But I can still judge a first episode though, i dont rate any first episode however but I can judge otherwise why did I even watch it in the first place, to not think and forgetting about it promptly is not my thing. Judging can be done in positive and negative sense. In this case, I was negative but going forward I am hoping to become more positive. As I said in my original post and other replies, I am invested in the mystery and revenge part. As a first episode, it didn’t meet my expectations, underwhelm ME, not others of course. In the next 12 episodes, it may become my favorite too.
Apr 16, 2023 4:29 AM
Apr 2021
Dude criticised the show bout lack of realism and then gives 10 to death note n bleach. Cope
Apr 16, 2023 4:34 AM

Jul 2019
nushrathumaira said:
I overthought this first episode lot more than I ought to, because I have been waiting for quite a while. Exaggerations are what makes Anime special after all, I will stop trying to nitpick idol industry realism and just enjoy. But I can still judge a first episode though, i dont rate any first episode however but I can judge otherwise why did I even watch it in the first place, to not think and forgetting about it promptly is not my thing. Judging can be done in positive and negative sense. In this case, I was negative but going forward I am hoping to become more positive. As I said in my original post and other replies, I am invested in the mystery and revenge part. As a first episode, it didn’t meet my expectations, underwhelm ME, not others of course. In the next 12 episodes, it may become my favorite too.

You right, we can only judge the first episode right now.
Hope it turns out to your liking in future episodes (this phrase was Ai generated, pls don't mind it if it's not a correct English sentence ).
Apr 16, 2023 4:50 AM
Mar 2022
nushrathumaira said:
Impctz said:
very slight spoilers to the manga

i have to completly disagree: 1 the doctors backstory and why he loves idols is explaint in the first episode and also covert a little bit more later on in the story
I also think you have no idea how actual showbizz works because even tho i cant say a lot about the movie production (wich in the part of the anime we saw so far was mostly small indi productions) i am in a bizz covert later in the story and have to say its pretty much realistic (atleast for that part) compared to my experience even tho slightly exaggarated.
the thing with idols is exactly what the story tells you about pretty lies just because a few girls are to getter in a small group and spend a lot of time because of work dose t make them automaticly friends or dosent make it so they get good along thogether in reality sure some are gonna like each other or get along decently but theres also always gonna be hatred and envy between group members.
Now about the manager sure its not usual for a manager to drive an idol around and co but it is pretty realistic. first if she wants to keep her romance secret its probaly not gonna be very hard for her. Also if you are the manager and one of your idols gets pregnant wich could destroy your whole small company then you bet you driver her around personaly as to not let any of your employs find out because s we saw with his wife it is tempting to just sell that Information for a lot of money.
The scenen where ai gets stabed is in my opinion has a decent length and the conversation with the guy is just a bizzare reaction from her but thats the whole thing getting stabbed is a pretty bizzare senario.
I think you slightly misunderstood what I said. I was saying where is the manager in the first place, we only see the President. So we don’t see any manager let alone driving her or monitoring her activities, that is my question. I guess the President just kept his wife as manager who was slacking. Let’s leave it at that then.
Idol members are not necessarily friends or enemies, yes, either way they would ask or poke around more. Maybe the President shut them up somehow, and they turned blind eye. Let’s accept that too.
I wasn’t questioning doctors love for Ai, his sole focus on Ai and idols in general to the point that before and after death, that’s all he cares about. That happens to people I guess who pretty much have given up on rest of things and focus on the only thing they love.
The last part with Ai can maybe chalked up to Ai having a different kind of mindset in general, she is a bit weird as commented by doctor/aqua.

i have to mostly agree with that
Apr 16, 2023 4:51 AM
Oct 2021
NECOdes said:
nushrathumaira said:

Hope it turns out to your liking in future episodes (this phrase was Ai generated, pls don't mind it if it's not a correct English sentence ).
don’t know why but found your AI generated joke quite hilarious. How would llm generate bait or troll comments, I want to try out and see how they are.
Apr 16, 2023 4:53 AM
Feb 2015
NECOdes said:
nushrathumaira said:

Even forum comments are being outsourced to chatGPT damn xD
Apr 16, 2023 5:12 AM
Dec 2021
nushrathumaira said:
About the time the manga was released in English, I learned about the anime coming soon. I managed to not get spoiler much, except the reincarnation which pretty much the synopsis revealed already. I went in blind about the rest of story, including the fact that this was a prologue. That being said, I wasn’t expecting to feel this much underwhelmed about the whole episode and worried what am I not seeing that rest of the fans see ( questioning if the fandom comes largely from kaguya sama)

Here are the points that I am critical about:

1. I do not often question realistic portrayal in anime( watching anime for 20 years will do that), but an idol, won’t have a personal manager is not possible. No matter how small the agency, President won’t drive the idol, organize meetings, handle backstage issues etc. Idols can’t hide their personal relationships from managers, not for long. Ai’s partner flying under radar seems too convenient. Where are the paparazzi in this whole situation. She disappeared to recuperate and no one started sniffing?
  2. Brain may have past memory and cognizance of adult, body is too ? It’s more ridiculous than boss baby somehow. All adults readily accepting everything was too much for me. 
  3. Dialogue heavy, like too much. Long dialogues that discuss and delve into harsh realities of idol industry, could have been cut short or demonstrated rather than using in monologues by Aqua. Was it supposed to be eye opening for viewers? Everyone knows how idol industry, heck most of entertainment industry works? Who thinks that entertainers are telling truth through their performance? It’s a comforting lie for everyone.
  4. How unprofessional everyone in the studio was being before Ai’s performance. And how everyone supposedly got mesmerized when she suddenly started singing. Seriously? Seemed like any other idol performance.
  5. Idol members are usually very close, often spending lot of time secluded together. None of the band members questioned the long absence? 
  6. What’s the past story of doctor? He seemed awfully invested in idols in general, even before reincarnation and beyond just loving his oshi. Seemed to go on and on about how unfair idol industry is.

Last but not the least, I will say I was not expecting

I rarely drop anime, and this has potential I believe. At least I am hoping for mystery or some twists to hook me in and keep me there. After waiting this long for this first episode, I don’t know what to do with my disappointment.

Bro what are you talking about with #1?  For a SMALL idol group they barely make any money at all.  Watch The Anime Man's interview with someone who was an idol:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBV41izmUI - she barely got paid anything and and all her management was from the company boss, who she hated. There is no way they would be able to afford individual managers for each of them.  Not all idol groups in Japan make a ton of money, they certainly can't afford individual managers for each girl in the group.

>  Brain may have past memory and cognizance of adult, body is too ? It’s more ridiculous than boss baby somehow.

Bro it's a fantasy element. Also if a baby started talking to you all smart you would just think "huh, what a smart baby," and probably just go with it.  You wouldn't think "Is this baby reincarnated????" lol. 

>  Dialogue heavy, like too much. Long dialogues that discuss and delve into harsh realities of idol industry,

Whatever, a ton of Anime is like that. Look at Sono Bisque Doll, tons of dialog an exposition about how to make cosplay. Also obviously not "everyone" knows all about this stuff. 

>  How unprofessional everyone in the studio was being before Ai’s performance.

Whatever it's just a day job for them.  Do you think the people working at McDonald's don't make fun of the customers behind their back. 

>  Idol members are usually very close, often spending lot of time secluded together.

Lol, that's literally the lie they're selling bro.  It's a job, they are co-workers.  Of course they pretend to be the best of friends while doing promotional material. 

- Also, as far as the spoiler: 

Apr 16, 2023 5:20 AM
Oct 2021
daiotaku said:
nushrathumaira said:
About the time the manga was released in English, I learned about the anime coming soon. I managed to not get spoiler much, except the reincarnation which pretty much the synopsis revealed already. I went in blind about the rest of story, including the fact that this was a prologue. That being said, I wasn’t expecting to feel this much underwhelmed about the whole episode and worried what am I not seeing that rest of the fans see ( questioning if the fandom comes largely from kaguya sama)

1. I do not often question realistic portrayal in anime( watching anime for 20 years will do that), but an idol, won’t have a personal manager is not possible. No matter how small the agency, President won’t drive the idol, organize meetings, handle backstage issues etc. Idols can’t hide their personal relationships from managers, not for long. Ai’s partner flying under radar seems too convenient. Where are the paparazzi in this whole situation. She disappeared to recuperate and no one started sniffing?
  2. Brain may have past memory and cognizance of adult, body is too ? It’s more ridiculous than boss baby somehow. All adults readily accepting everything was too much for me. 
  3. Dialogue heavy, like too much. Long dialogues that discuss and delve into harsh realities of idol industry, could have been cut short or demonstrated rather than using in monologues by Aqua. Was it supposed to be eye opening for viewers? Everyone knows how idol industry, heck most of entertainment industry works? Who thinks that entertainers are telling truth through their performance? It’s a comforting lie for everyone.
  4. How unprofessional everyone in the studio was being before Ai’s performance. And how everyone supposedly got mesmerized when she suddenly started singing. Seriously? Seemed like any other idol performance.
  5. Idol members are usually very close, often spending lot of time secluded together. None of the band members questioned the long absence? 
  6. What’s the past story of doctor? He seemed awfully invested in idols in general, even before reincarnation and beyond just loving his oshi. Seemed to go on and on about how unfair idol industry is.

I rarely drop anime, and this has potential I believe. At least I am hoping for mystery or some twists to hook me in and keep me there. After waiting this long for this first episode, I don’t know what to do with my disappointment.

Bro what are you talking about with #1?  For a SMALL idol group they barely make any money at all.  Watch The Anime Man's interview with someone who was an idol:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBV41izmUI - she barely got paid anything and and all her management was from the company boss, who she hated. There is no way they would be able to afford individual managers for each of them.  Not all idol groups in Japan make a ton of money, they certainly can't afford individual managers for each girl in the group.

>  Brain may have past memory and cognizance of adult, body is too ? It’s more ridiculous than boss baby somehow.

Bro it's a fantasy element. Also if a baby started talking to you all smart you would just think "huh, what a smart baby," and probably just go with it.  You wouldn't think "Is this baby reincarnated????" lol. 

>  Dialogue heavy, like too much. Long dialogues that discuss and delve into harsh realities of idol industry,

Whatever, a ton of Anime is like that. Look at Sono Bisque Doll, tons of dialog an exposition about how to make cosplay. Also obviously not "everyone" knows all about this stuff. 

>  How unprofessional everyone in the studio was being before Ai’s performance.

Whatever it's just a day job for them.  Do you think the people working at McDonald's don't make fun of the customers behind their back. 

>  Idol members are usually very close, often spending lot of time secluded together.

Lol, that's literally the lie they're selling bro.  It's a job, they are co-workers.  Of course they pretend to be the best of friends while doing promotional material. 

- Also, as far as the spoiler: 

Agree with counter points, except last two. ‘Close’ as in ‘close proximity’, shared practice, events etc. Not they are friends. As for the last point, do you really think so? That does put a new spin on things.
Apr 16, 2023 6:11 AM

Jul 2019
nushrathumaira said:
NECOdes said:

don’t know why but found your AI generated joke quite hilarious. How would llm generate bait or troll comments, I want to try out and see how they are.

lol, that'd be interesting, responding angry comments using ai
Apr 16, 2023 6:17 AM
Apr 2023
I have to say, I was sorely disappointed with Oshi No Ko. I was initially drawn in by the intriguing premise of an idol group and the main character Ai's pregnancy at such a young age, but the execution fell flat in so many ways.
First and foremost, the plot felt disjointed and confusing. The story jumped around from one scene to another without proper transitions, leaving me feeling disoriented and struggling to follow along. The sudden introduction of new characters and concepts, such as the doctor's own reincarnation as Ai's son Aqua, felt forced and poorly explained, leaving me with more questions than answers.
Furthermore, the characters themselves were poorly developed and lacked depth. Ai, the main character, was portrayed as naive and easily manipulated by those around her, particularly her guardian Ichigo Saitou. It was frustrating to see her constantly belittled and controlled by others, and her lack of agency was disappointing. Aqua and Ruby, Ai's children who were revealed to be reincarnated toddlers, were portrayed as overly precocious and almost robotic in their behavior, which felt unnatural and unrelatable.
The themes explored in Oshi No Ko, such as the dark side of the idol industry and the pressure faced by young celebrities, had the potential for thought-provoking storytelling, but were poorly executed. The commentary on the lies and deceit behind the idol industry felt heavy-handed and lacked nuance, and the resolution of Ai's dilemma about whether to reveal her pregnancy to the public felt rushed and unsatisfying.
Another major issue I had with Oshi No Ko was the lack of emotional impact. Despite dealing with heavy topics such as illness, death, and reincarnation, the show failed to evoke any meaningful emotional response from me as a viewer. The characters' actions and motivations often felt unrealistic and detached, making it difficult for me to connect with them on a deeper level.
Lastly, the animation and art style in Oshi No Ko were underwhelming. The character designs were generic, and the animation quality was inconsistent at best, with some scenes appearing poorly animated and stiff.
In conclusion, Oshi No Ko failed to live up to my expectations. The confusing plot, poorly developed characters, lack of emotional impact, and subpar animation all contributed to my disappointment with this anime. I would not recommend it to others, as it left me feeling unsatisfied and disconnected from the story and characters.
Apr 16, 2023 6:19 AM
Sep 2021
man the anime already starts off by saying its fictional
Apr 16, 2023 6:21 AM
Jan 2022
oshi no ko is one of the good pieces of anime i have ever ever laid my eyes upon!!
Apr 16, 2023 6:25 AM
Dec 2022
Here is a serious thought from me.
Do you often judge "a book by it's cover"? I mean seriously? It's the first episode that came out. Instead of analyzing this one episode to the smallest detail, how about a Pro Tip here. Just sit back and enjoy the entertainment!
I mean, and now just hear me out,

1. you are talking about "realistic portrayal in anime". Realism, in a TV show, is the LEAST thing you should expect. EVERY show you can watch, isn't realistic. Everything in the field of film and television is always drawn up in such a way that a certain thread can be drawn through the story.
Best example for this. Ever thought about how often the characters in action movies have to reload? Let alone how many of them even hold their guns? Or how often they get hit? Most of these things are not possible, or are simply overdone, so that the viewer is at his best, and can experience the story, or the action, or whatever the author wants to express.
And yeah, I hear you, that in real life, this would never happen, that a 16 year old star gets pregnant by a stranger, and the hole paparazzi society doesn't know about it. But this part of the story HAS to be told like that, because the Doctor HAS to experience all of that, and to die at the end just to be reincarnated.

2., I don't quite understand what you're trying to say.

3. not everyone knows how the show biz works. Many people may even only know the show business from America with the big Hollywood blockbusters. That the relationship in Japan/Korea is completely different, where this idol culture is much bigger than in the western countries (Europe, America), is not as well known as one might think. Just best to see how much animators actually earn on anime. (Good to see, at this article from the AnimeNewsNetwork).

And especially in the film industry, I have to quote the anime here "Pretty lies are what fans want" - 1:05:24
I don't want to see the truth, because I already have enough of that in my life, I want to feel entertained.

4. that's the truth. I'm not a professional when it comes to film business, but I have experience with stage performances in both acting and music, and it's very different when you watch a performance on stage from a video, or you can see a performance live. Something like that blows your mind more than you would like it to.
At least that was the case at all the concerts I've been to.

5. I guess sometimes, it's just a business. It's not really a friend, it's just a coworker. And if you are the lonely person, or you just don't want to share your life with these people, your other team members have to accept it I guess.

6. The Doc's back story is more that he felt obligated to follow this idol group because his, presumably dearest patient and now sister, Sarina, was a big fan, and since she died, he also started to take more interest because he felt "guilty" in a way? At least that's how I understood the story.

Now some final words,
I don't like this talk like, "I rarely drop anime" or "I am hoping for [...] some twists to hook me and keep me there". If you like it, it's good, if you don't it's also good. Everyone has it's own taste. You don't have to watch it. I don't care if you drop it or not. It's just very frustrating, that a lot of people are watching the newest hype anime or series in general, just to complain about it, and say what they don't like about it. I would bet, even though you had a lot to complain about it, there would still be something, that might was fun to watch for you. And if not, I would recommend, to maybe switch the genre, if you don't feel joy in watching shows like that. (I mean, there is a reason, why you decided to watch it apart from "let's see where it goes")
So long, and thanks for reading!
Apr 16, 2023 6:36 AM
Jan 2023
nushrathumaira said:

These are good points
Apr 16, 2023 7:13 AM
Nov 2021
1. Nothing to discuss here. Note that it could actually happen though, but it IS convenient tbh. 
2. Comedy. But if 2 newborns started talking to you in perfect english idk it's difficult to know how you'd react.
3. Personally, I think it's necessary dialogue, we as the viewers learn from aqua's perspective who is learning as well, you can be a fan but that doesn't necessarily mean you know exactly what happens behind the scenes. I also do think it's very important to build Ai's character and make you empathize with her.
4. They have probably done this so many times they just don't care who's performing and just look for the most profitable ones. But the whole point of the scene is kinda to show how good Ai is as an idol.
5. I mean, not necessarily, (doesn't go with Ai's character) but either way pretty valid point.
6. That was explained in like the first 10 minutes.

That said, as a manga reader I personally think this is one of the highest peaks in the story, so if it didn't get you hooked by now, please consider it may not be for you.
Apr 16, 2023 7:13 AM
Apr 2023
try different???
Apr 16, 2023 7:24 AM
Apr 2017
I really dont know how to quote so sorry.

I want to say in regards of your point no. 4 that, maybe its something hard for the anime to show it without context but the reaction of the crew to her performance makes sense if you apply the in-universe logic that Ai has perfected how to fake being an idol, she says it, she practices every movement, the way she smiles, when she smiles, everything she is on the stage is cautiously selected by her for people to like her.

This is further seen when she sees the reactions to her smile whenRuby and Aqua do the fan dance thingie, she understands what people like and work hard to deliver it.
Apr 16, 2023 7:27 AM
Jan 2021
nushrathumaira said:

Firstly: I'm usually somebody who doesn't think much about what happens and just enjoys watching it, so perhaps this answer doesn't really fit.
Secondly: Please excuse, if my English isn't that good. I'm German.
About your first point: I'm not sure anymore, but wasn't Ai adopted by her manager or something like that? Perhaps I made something up, but I thought this since I first read the Manga.
And about your sixth: Does his past matter for why he likes Idols? One of his patients liked them and when she died he started to like Ai, who was her favourite, because she reminded him of her. And if you like one it wouldn't be unnatural to make a deep dive into the whole media, I think. (At least this was how I got into Anime.)
For the rest I can't really say anything, but from what you said I think you probably wouldn't like the rest of the show if you didn't like the prologue. But for a definite answer I would need to read the first volumes of the Manga again, so I would recommend to watch a few more episodes and then drop it, if you still don't like it.
Apr 16, 2023 8:05 AM
Sep 2019
nushrathumaira said:

Watching a Japanese cartoon and complaints about

Reincarnation is unrealistic bruh it's a a cartoon, fictional story. You think kamehameha exist too?
Apr 16, 2023 8:09 AM
Apr 2022
Strongly agree. I had a lot of problems with this prologue. It was FAR from perfect. I’ll probably keep watching, for curiosity’s sake, but I honestly don’t expect much from this story. Also her death at the end felt kinda rushed and unearned emotionally. This show really fails to show and not tell a lot too.
Apr 16, 2023 8:34 AM

Sep 2021
Ain't reading all dat cuz L opinion regardless

Apr 16, 2023 8:54 AM

Jan 2021
1. President's wife acted as her personal manager and for a obivous reason ( Ai having kids). You clealry missed that part where she was on a computer organizing a schedule.

2. They acted completely childike in front of everyone..Aqua only seriously talked with the director and director did took him as bit of  creepy for his age..Thats why he was after Aqua.

3.Thats a subjective take, I guess this show is not for you. For me dialiuges were one of the best parts of this show.

4.When AI was out of the buiness they didn't performed a single show for months...I was mentioned too somwhere in the show.

5. This thing was explained at the beginning , Doctor wasn't a idol fanatic rather than He is Ai fanatic. Becuase when Rubys previous self died saying she wan't to be like Ai in the future that speech hitted him. he followed Ai since then to see Ai grow, Doctor sawed ruby's previous self into Ai, a paitent he failed to save.
if you follow a person for years after years its obivous you will from a emotional bond with that person , thats why Doctor was Ai fanatic.

My suggestion is to pay attention while watching rather than trying to find flaw into every single thing...
TaifSuxApr 16, 2023 9:05 AM
Apr 16, 2023 9:16 AM
Nov 2021
I'm gonna report this discussion as a form of insulting some of religion's teaching
Apr 16, 2023 9:35 AM
Feb 2023
Well the entire show is kinda about the entertainment industry but some people don’t know that, they just talk about celebrities without knowing how words can affects them, I’m not saying you shouldn’t drop it but at least wait for a few episodes and then decide. Also, ones of AI’s main purpose was to be able to truthfully love her fans and friends, she just wanted to covey her emotions before she passed
Apr 16, 2023 9:51 AM
Aug 2022
I'm sorry, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but this take is just bad.
You're critiques have a little to no correlation of whether the show is good or not.
You're trying to act like you have any knowledge on idol culture but from you critiques we can all tell you're clueless on the subject.
Dialogue being long is not a con, and in Oshi no Ko at no point does dialogue ever carry out longer then needed. Every conversation is meaningful.
You're talking about portraying realism is an anime about reincarnation. I don't need to go further on about this critique as it's just dumb and makes no sense.
Overall, you're critiques are nonsensical and just demonstrate this anime isn't for you as it comes down to "I don't like this, that means anime is bad". Spend some more time coming up with good and meaningful critiques next time around and people will maybe start to take your opinions seriously.
Apr 16, 2023 9:52 AM
Nov 2020
nushrathumaira said:

I was thinking about the paparazzi when I watched it as well. But after watching other anime I assumed that the manager or the production company had a plausible explanation to keep them away. As far as the long explanation about idol industry it’s setting up the story as well as how Ai feels about it and it makes sense if you watch to the end. I think the comedy early on in the story works well . The audience lets their guard down so the emotion is stronger in the later parts.
Apr 16, 2023 10:12 AM

Apr 2018
Points 1 and 5 are easily and satisfactorily explained with appropriate security. Point 2 is an absolutely strange criticism to make. Point 3 is based on a completely false premise and it along with Point 4 makes you look like you're nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking. Point 6 makes me wonder if you even paid any attention at all to the important parts of the plot.

So you have a take. A very disappointingly and poorly thought out take, but a take nonetheless.
ParataxicalisApr 16, 2023 10:18 AM
Apr 16, 2023 10:18 AM
Mar 2021
1: it’s a little bit of a stretch but this anime also had reincarnation, you need to suspend your disbelief a little bit.
2:yeah miyako believing the babies is absurd, but she was also stupid enough to marry the president with the intention of remarrying a pretty young guy without expecting to have to have any marital responsibilities
5: read Aka’s side story 45510 if you really want to see how Ai was with others. But Ai was a liar, she always was and the other members knew this and were envied that Ai, who was always lying, was always the star of the show. She stayed aloof and keeper quiet and that made the other members dislike her
6: this was explained in the episode. He had a patient, serina, who was a huge fan of Ai and died and that made him get very invested as a fan. I think the unique perspective of a doctor trying to help cover up the kids lead him to realize some things about the industry
7: I think Ai was trying to talk down Ryousuke so he wouldn’t go after the kids. She was protecting them by using her words to get him to drop the knife. though that is just my interpretation of it

I skipped 3 and 4 because 3 was an hard to argue on an objective front since dialogue is pretty subjective (ofc there is objectively bad dialogue like everything in the starwars prequels) and 4 is a legitimate criticism

to answer of this gets better, the answer is: kinda. Imo the prolouge was very good and the rest of it slightly dips in quality but if you disliked the prolouge idk if you’d like it more or less. if your primary complaint with the first episode is having to suspend your disbelief an absurd amount then there are a couple things that might piss you off in the upcoming episodes but for the most part i’d say you have so suspend your disbelief a lot less.

around the end of S2 though the series will be at its peak if you stick around that long.
Apr 16, 2023 11:02 AM
Oct 2021
Crimsonshade_ said:
Do you often judge "a book by it's cover"? I mean seriously? It's the first episode that came out. Instead of analyzing this one episode to the smallest detail, how about a Pro Tip here. Just sit back and enjoy the entertainment!

1. you are talking about "realistic portrayal in anime". Realism, in a TV show, is the LEAST thing you should expect. EVERY show you can watch, isn't realistic. Everything in the field of film and television is always drawn up in such a way that a certain thread can be drawn through the story.
Best example for this. Ever thought about how often the characters in action movies have to reload? Let alone how many of them even hold their guns? Or how often they get hit? Most of these things are not possible, or are simply overdone, so that the viewer is at his best, and can experience the story, or the action, or whatever the author wants to express.
And yeah, I hear you, that in real life, this would never happen, that a 16 year old star gets pregnant by a stranger, and the hole paparazzi society doesn't know about it. But this part of the story HAS to be told like that, because the Doctor HAS to experience all of that, and to die at the end just to be reincarnated.

3. not everyone knows how the show biz works. Many people may even only know the show business from America with the big Hollywood blockbusters. That the relationship in Japan/Korea is completely different, where this idol culture is much bigger than in the western countries (Europe, America), is not as well known as one might think. Just best to see how much animators actually earn on anime. (Good to see, at this article from the AnimeNewsNetwork).

And especially in the film industry, I have to quote the anime here "Pretty lies are what fans want" - 1:05:24
I don't want to see the truth, because I already have enough of that in my life, I want to feel entertained.

4. that's the truth. I'm not a professional when it comes to film business, but I have experience with stage performances in both acting and music, and it's very different when you watch a performance on stage from a video, or you can see a performance live. Something like that blows your mind more than you would like it to.

5. I guess sometimes, it's just a business. It's not really a friend, it's just a coworker. And if you are the lonely person, or you just don't want to share your life with these people, your other team members have to accept it I guess.

6. The Doc's back story is more that he felt obligated to follow this idol group because his, presumably dearest patient and now sister, Sarina, was a big fan, and since she died, he also started to take more interest because he felt "guilty" in a way? At least that's how I understood the story.

Now some final words,
I don't like this talk like, "I rarely drop anime" or "I am hoping for [...] some twists to hook me and keep me there". If you like it, it's good, if you don't it's also good. Everyone has it's own taste. You don't have to watch it. I don't care if you drop it or not. It's just very frustrating, that a lot of people are watching the newest hype anime or series in general, just to complain about it, and say what they don't like about it. I would bet, even though you had a lot to complain about it, there would still be something, that might was fun to watch for you. And if not, I would recommend, to maybe switch the genre, if you don't feel joy in watching shows like that. (I mean, there is a reason, why you decided to watch it apart from "let's see where it goes")

My words are going to come off as confrontational, just a heads up. Feel free to ignore. I am replying to acknowledge that you read the post and decided to write a reasonable reply.
First episode is not a cover though, there is an anime cover poster, synopsis and most of all, a manga that I knew about the time it was decided to be licensed in English. Everyone judges something, you maybe judged it to be really good, I didn’t but I am reserving mine until I finish it. The post title said “underwhelm” me, not everyone.

There is no pro tip for watching anime, or any piece of media, unless this is related to my work.
The realistic portrayal of idols getting pregnant is what I was frustrated, but as you said(several others too) it had to happen this way for the plot to move along. I see the point there , doesn’t mean I like it.
For the fourth point, I felt it was overselling the appeal of Ai to general, how she seemed to mesmerize everyone, even staff who seen hundreds of idols and was just criticizing her moments earlier.
For fifth point, everyone seems to misunderstand what I wrote. Close as in close proximity, not someone with close bond. Fir sixth, yes you are right, I do see the doctors pov in different light after much thought.
Again I am saying I am not watching oshi no ko because its hyped, you shouldn’t assume that for everyone, specially when the manga is there. Oshi no ko isn’t representative of any genre for me to decide if I like or dislike particular genre.
All those people that complain, maybe they have reasons or just doing bait, as other commentators said. Either way, it’s still their opinion to express.
Apr 16, 2023 11:08 AM
Oct 2021
AnKenWSG said:
1. Nothing to discuss here. Note that it could actually happen though, but it IS convenient tbh. 
2. Comedy. But if 2 newborns started talking to you in perfect english idk it's difficult to know how you'd react.
3. Personally, I think it's necessary dialogue, we as the viewers learn from aqua's perspective who is learning as well, you can be a fan but that doesn't necessarily mean you know exactly what happens behind the scenes. I also do think it's very important to build Ai's character and make you empathize with her.
4. They have probably done this so many times they just don't care who's performing and just look for the most profitable ones. But the whole point of the scene is kinda to show how good Ai is as an idol.
5. I mean, not necessarily, (doesn't go with Ai's character) but either way pretty valid point.
6. That was explained in like the first 10 minutes.

That said, as a manga reader I personally think this is one of the highest peaks in the story, so if it didn't get you hooked by now, please consider it may not be for you.
you are probably the only one who tried to understand my points, thanks for replying in a sane manner. About the 6th point, I was referring to the doctors almost single minded obcession with Ai and idol industry that even after death he is focusing fully on that. I explained in few previous comments, I rewatched parts and came to understand bit more about his psyche.
I wish more manga readers would join the discussion. I decided to go for anime first, then manga but I may have to change my mind. I don’t care much if there is a peak point or big moments like this episode, rather the execution and small moments that feel believable given context. My expectations are more towards mystery and revenge so still waiting to see how that unfolds.
Apr 16, 2023 11:12 AM
Nov 2017
i didn't enjoy this dog shit either. this is definitely gonna be one of those garbage animes that retarded tiktok weebs praise as a masterpiece. 

the point about realistic portrayal though is valid because this show takes place in a mundane real world setting so it should have a bit of realism but it doesn't. like the creepy main character reincarnating into ai's son doesn't even make sense and is way too convenient. if ai was already bout to deliver the twins the embryos souls should've already been developed so the mc would've reincarnated into another woman's baby who just got pregnant. also when the babies were dancing at ai's show no one really questioning how they were dancing that coordinated was really stupid even if they're just babies. and yea your last point about ai getting killed and trying to explain that she really loves her fans to the guy that just killed her is why i'm dropping this imbecilic garbage. that moment was too melodramatic for me 
Apr 16, 2023 11:13 AM
Oct 2021
Enmanuelc92 said:
I really dont know how to quote so sorry.

I want to say in regards of your point no. 4 that, maybe its something hard for the anime to show it without context but the reaction of the crew to her performance makes sense if you apply the in-universe logic that Ai has perfected how to fake being an idol, she says it, she practices every movement, the way she smiles, when she smiles, everything she is on the stage is cautiously selected by her for people to like her.

This is further seen when she sees the reactions to her smile whenRuby and Aqua do the fan dance thingie, she understands what people like and work hard to deliver it.
I like how you worded it, it is understandable if put that way.
Apr 16, 2023 11:15 AM
Oct 2021
Pifge2 said:
nushrathumaira said:

Firstly: I'm usually somebody who doesn't think much about what happens and just enjoys watching it, so perhaps this answer doesn't really fit.
Secondly: Please excuse, if my English isn't that good. I'm German.
About your first point: I'm not sure anymore, but wasn't Ai adopted by her manager or something like that? Perhaps I made something up, but I thought this since I first read the Manga.
And about your sixth: Does his past matter for why he likes Idols? One of his patients liked them and when she died he started to like Ai, who was her favourite, because she reminded him of her. And if you like one it wouldn't be unnatural to make a deep dive into the whole media, I think. (At least this was how I got into Anime.)
For the rest I can't really say anything, but from what you said I think you probably wouldn't like the rest of the show if you didn't like the prologue. But for a definite answer I would need to read the first volumes of the Manga again, so I would recommend to watch a few more episodes and then drop it, if you still don't like it.
I am planning to go through the anime first, then go into the manga. I don’t think prologue always sets the precedent for the rest of the show so it isn’t set that I won’t like it I think.
Apr 16, 2023 11:20 AM

Feb 2023
boolinonmars said:
i didn't enjoy this dog shit either. this is definitely gonna be one of those garbage animes that retarded tiktok weebs praise as a masterpiece. 

the point about realistic portrayal though is valid because this show takes place in a mundane real world setting so it should have a bit of realism but it doesn't. like the creepy main character reincarnating into ai's son doesn't even make sense and is way too convenient. if ai was already bout to deliver the twins the embryos souls should've already been developed so the mc would've reincarnated into another woman's baby who just got pregnant. also when the babies were dancing at ai's show no one really questioning how they were dancing that coordinated was really stupid even if they're just babies. and yea your last point about ai getting killed and trying to explain that she really loves her fans to the guy that just killed her is why i'm dropping this imbecilic garbage. that moment was too melodramatic for me 

dawg its an anime about being reincarnated I dont think it has to take too many queues from the "real world of reincarnating". Is there an ethical way to reincarnate? Also babies can do some crazy things lol if something goes viral its not because it happens everyday right

Your Lie In April was a banger!
Apr 16, 2023 11:24 AM
Oct 2021
TaifSux said:
1. President's wife acted as her personal manager and for a obivous reason ( Ai having kids). You clealry missed that part where she was on a computer organizing a schedule.

2. They acted completely childike in front of everyone..Aqua only seriously talked with the director and director did took him as bit of  creepy for his age..Thats why he was after Aqua.

3.Thats a subjective take, I guess this show is not for you. For me dialiuges were one of the best parts of this show.

4.When AI was out of the buiness they didn't performed a single show for months...I was mentioned too somwhere in the show.

5. This thing was explained at the beginning , Doctor wasn't a idol fanatic rather than He is Ai fanatic. Becuase when Rubys previous self died saying she wan't to be like Ai in the future that speech hitted him. he followed Ai since then to see Ai grow, Doctor sawed ruby's previous self into Ai, a paitent he failed to save.
if you follow a person for years after years its obivous you will from a emotional bond with that person , thats why Doctor was Ai fanatic.

My suggestion is to pay attention while watching rather than trying to find flaw into every single thing...

Finding 6 flaws in nearly two hours of episode is not finding flaw in every single thing, not sure why I am defending my points at this point either.
The wife became manager later, but as i said in another comment, lets just say she always was and she is slacker.
I understand it was for comedy purpose for the second point, lets leave it at that.
Dialogues as in monologues about the state of idol industry. If it was dialogues like monogatari, call of night or those kind, then it’s better digested. Giving a speech while dying is not well done, and sometimes show, not tell works best.
The last point about the doctors mental viewpoint is something I have started to see in different way, after discussing with early commenters.
Apr 16, 2023 11:27 AM

Jun 2017
nushrathumaira said:
Brain may have past memory and cognizance of adult, body is too ? It’s more ridiculous than boss baby somehow. All adults readily accepting everything was too much for me. 
In my experience at hospitals I have met some children that act like children but I also met children that are so smart I felt like a child but i'm barely in my 20s so what do I know. IT's rare but not impossible. He calls him precocious and as I said there are plenty of wonder children. Jean Piaget was one of those. At 15 years old he was already writing articles. 
Apr 16, 2023 11:28 AM
Oct 2021
Lightsrevenge said:
nushrathumaira said:

I was thinking about the paparazzi when I watched it as well. But after watching other anime I assumed that the manager or the production company had a plausible explanation to keep them away. As far as the long explanation about idol industry it’s setting up the story as well as how Ai feels about it and it makes sense if you watch to the end. I think the comedy early on in the story works well . The audience lets their guard down so the emotion is stronger in the later parts.
I feel like going on there won’t be much comedy. I like it more when the set up draws out emotion more as that’s peak for me.
Apr 16, 2023 11:33 AM
Oct 2021
Orbakun said:
1: it’s a little bit of a stretch but this anime also had reincarnation, you need to suspend your disbelief a little bit.
2:yeah miyako believing the babies is absurd, but she was also stupid enough to marry the president with the intention of remarrying a pretty young guy without expecting to have to have any marital responsibilities
5: read Aka’s side story 45510 if you really want to see how Ai was with others. But Ai was a liar, she always was and the other members knew this and were envied that Ai, who was always lying, was always the star of the show. She stayed aloof and keeper quiet and that made the other members dislike her
6: this was explained in the episode. He had a patient, serina, who was a huge fan of Ai and died and that made him get very invested as a fan. I think the unique perspective of a doctor trying to help cover up the kids lead him to realize some things about the industry
7: I think Ai was trying to talk down Ryousuke so he wouldn’t go after the kids. She was protecting them by using her words to get him to drop the knife. though that is just my interpretation of it

I skipped 3 and 4 because 3 was an hard to argue on an objective front since dialogue is pretty subjective (ofc there is objectively bad dialogue like everything in the starwars prequels) and 4 is a legitimate criticism

to answer of this gets better, the answer is: kinda. Imo the prolouge was very good and the rest of it slightly dips in quality but if you disliked the prolouge idk if you’d like it more or less. if your primary complaint with the first episode is having to suspend your disbelief an absurd amount then there are a couple things that might piss you off in the upcoming episodes but for the most part i’d say you have so suspend your disbelief a lot less.

around the end of S2 though the series will be at its peak if you stick around that long.
this is what I was hoping for when I made my post. I was expecting manga readers to come forth and pique my interest to keep going. Thank you. I am thinking this will be the case with some animes where I disliked the early episodes only to end up liking later on after I get adjusted a bit more.
Apr 16, 2023 11:42 AM
Oct 2021
Btw, can someone enlighten me what are the replies on religion referring to? What religion and how did my post talk about that? What am I missing? Are those troll comments?
Apr 16, 2023 11:59 AM
Dec 2022
nushrathumaira said:
Crimsonshade_ said:

Now some final words,

My words are going to come off as confrontational, just a heads up. Feel free to ignore. I am replying to acknowledge that you read the post and decided to write a reasonable reply.
First episode is not a cover though, there is an anime cover poster, synopsis and most of all, a manga that I knew about the time it was decided to be licensed in English. Everyone judges something, you maybe judged it to be really good, I didn’t but I am reserving mine until I finish it. The post title said “underwhelm” me, not everyone.

There is no pro tip for watching anime, or any piece of media, unless this is related to my work.
The realistic portrayal of idols getting pregnant is what I was frustrated, but as you said(several others too) it had to happen this way for the plot to move along. I see the point there , doesn’t mean I like it.
For the fourth point, I felt it was overselling the appeal of Ai to general, how she seemed to mesmerize everyone, even staff who seen hundreds of idols and was just criticizing her moments earlier.
For fifth point, everyone seems to misunderstand what I wrote. Close as in close proximity, not someone with close bond. Fir sixth, yes you are right, I do see the doctors pov in different light after much thought.
Again I am saying I am not watching oshi no ko because its hyped, you shouldn’t assume that for everyone, specially when the manga is there. Oshi no ko isn’t representative of any genre for me to decide if I like or dislike particular genre.
All those people that complain, maybe they have reasons or just doing bait, as other commentators said. Either way, it’s still their opinion to express.
Just to be clear, my words were not meant to be confrontational either. (Well, the last was possibly a bit over the top and I apologize for that).
It was more on the opposite.
I just had the feeling, because I read this not only from you but also from other people, that they classify the anime as "worth to drop" after the first episode, which in my eyes is the same as judging a book by its cover. (Even though you're right that this episode was less of a cover, and more of a cover poster. But still, it's like reading the first chapter of [enter a book-title here], and saying "Yup. It's crap.")
In my point of view, an opinion should be made up of the big picture.
The reason I responded to your points was not to make a statement, but to clarify, that some of the points you mentioned may not be as they seem.

To go back to number 4, I have to agree with you that it was too much advertised how much the employees were suddenly taken with Ai's appearance. The fact that they already had dozens of other idols standing in front of them was something I hadn't considered.
For point 5, I have to say that the anime doesn't tell us very much in this case. We don't get to see how the relationship between her and the other band members is, but I also think that it might have just been "made to fit". However, people with a close bond should get behind it sooner than people from close proximity. But still, if someone wants to hide something, even from his friends, then I think that he will somehow manage. Especially when even the manager is worried about it.
But also here I must say, was possibly misunderstood by me.
And last but not least, thank you for accepting my answer to point 6, and thinking about it.
That was the real reason of my message, and not to offend you or anyone else.
I also have to agree with the last paragraph you wrote. The anime is not representative of any genre.
However, I'd also like to say that by "hype anime" I didn't mean that you watched it, because of that, but more like that I've also noticed this with several anime that have just been trending, where, right after the first episode, negative comments have popped up.
By that I didn't mean that I don't accept these comments, or don't accept people's opinions, but that I just noticed this "attitude" that is becoming more and more common (or it's just striking me more and more) that people are just complaining to complain.

So all in all, I have to say, thanks for your response, and accepting the dialog.
And sorry, if might have attacked you with something.
Crimsonshade_Apr 16, 2023 12:09 PM
So long, and thanks for reading!
Apr 16, 2023 12:00 PM
Dec 2014
It's so hard for me to read all of this and don't spoil too much, but I reallllllllly feel like I want to explain my fav manga, so it's a B I G warning that this spoiler may be too much info for some ppl

EntiliaApr 16, 2023 12:12 PM
Apr 16, 2023 12:13 PM

Jul 2021
Eldencheese said:
Reincarnation is unrealistic

Hindu people: dude wtf we do to you
reincarnation is possible in other religions too..many are there in greek mythology. what do you mean?
think before saying
Apr 16, 2023 1:08 PM
Oct 2021
Crimsonshade_ said:
nushrathumaira said:

Just to be clear, my words were not meant to be confrontational either. (Well, the last was possibly a bit over the top and I apologize for that).
It was more on the opposite.
I just had the feeling, because I read this not only from you but also from other people, that they classify the anime as "worth to drop" after the first episode, which in my eyes is the same as judging a book by its cover. (Even though you're right that this episode was less of a cover, and more of a cover poster. But still, it's like reading the first chapter of [enter a book-title here], and saying "Yup. It's crap.")
In my point of view, an opinion should be made up of the big picture.
The reason I responded to your points was not to make a statement, but to clarify, that some of the points you mentioned may not be as they seem.

To go back to number 4, I have to agree with you that it was too much advertised how much the employees were suddenly taken with Ai's appearance. The fact that they already had dozens of other idols standing in front of them was something I hadn't considered.
For point 5, I have to say that the anime doesn't tell us very much in this case. We don't get to see how the relationship between her and the other band members is, but I also think that it might have just been "made to fit". However, people with a close bond should get behind it sooner than people from close proximity. But still, if someone wants to hide something, even from his friends, then I think that he will somehow manage. Especially when even the manager is worried about it.
But also here I must say, was possibly misunderstood by me.
And last but not least, thank you for accepting my answer to point 6, and thinking about it.
That was the real reason of my message, and not to offend you or anyone else.
I also have to agree with the last paragraph you wrote. The anime is not representative of any genre.
However, I'd also like to say that by "hype anime" I didn't mean that you watched it, because of that, but more like that I've also noticed this with several anime that have just been trending, where, right after the first episode, negative comments have popped up.
By that I didn't mean that I don't accept these comments, or don't accept people's opinions, but that I just noticed this "attitude" that is becoming more and more common (or it's just striking me more and more) that people are just complaining to complain.

So all in all, I have to say, thanks for your response, and accepting the dialog.
And sorry, if might have attacked you with something.
thank you for the reply, truly. I appreciate when we communicate like this about media that we love. After much discussion, I have changed my original viewpoint on points 4-6, atleast those won’t be making any impact on me going forward with the rest of the series.
About people dropping on first episode and their attitude, definitely irks me too. As I said I rarely drop, maybe put on hold, but I dropped one anime within 5 minutes. I never made post about it , and I don’t know if its bad anime or not, it was just something threw me off violently in those few minutes. That being said, people who make all those fuss about dropping, many of them maybe are just trying to provoke or just trying to make others justify their lack of patience.
Commenting on hyped anime isn’t anything new, hype comes from positive and negative mindset, its just recently there are lot more outlets for expressing those opinions, tiktok for example. Going back to my comment on AoT, I criticized AoT when it came out in 2013, wrote a long essay even. The hype was insane, still is. I came to love AoT, but the hype still attracts bad and good attention. Viewer mentality is toxic most of the time, and with the recent increase in outlets to vent those toxicity, it may seem its increasing. Certainly it is getting to you, and me too. In the end, both negative and positive comments somehow end up boosting the hype and popularity so there is that.
Apr 16, 2023 1:08 PM

Jun 2022
your points are all incredibly weak, the storytelling has been phenomenal and the show has used very strong rhetoric to convey its themes and its majestic and its one of the best shows of all time right now, but the next ones will all be better of course
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any reason why Idol became overwhelmingly popular? ( 1 2 )

Mattenan - May 31

56 by Shazid_02 »»
Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

870 by FaethyvveIcye »»
Jun 2, 9:17 PM

Poll: » Best girl war oshi no ko

Praveen05 - Jun 14, 2023

5 by Zarutaku »»
Jun 2, 5:06 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2681 by WSP__2 »»
May 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.