Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Your Lie in April
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 19, 2022 2:51 PM

Apr 2019
Small reply to say that this topic makes no sense.

You guys know comedic exageration exists right ? Of course hitting someone to force them out of a trauma is not a good thing. But helping them get though it in order to make them happier in the end is. Kouhei is happier playing piano, the way they make him play it again is obviously made to lighten the show in a comedic sense. Like, how you can see these scenes and think "scenarists think hitting traumatized people = good" is beyond me

Like seriously, what is your next topic gonna be ? Tsunade is trash because "if this was real life, Jiraya would have died a million times when she hit him" ?
Jun 19, 2022 3:13 PM

Apr 2020
Pyth79 said:
cupcake847 said:

This is the thing about that:
If a woman thinks of a certain man as high value, she can not help but submit; remember women have no control over their emotions. It's true that most romance anime are unrealistic and it's mostly sunshine and rainbows but like I said if they think they are alpha, they will submit I promise I am telling you the truth.

Of course, Kaori can't submit to Kousei because he is a beta male simp, I mean if I was a woman why the fuck would I submit to a guy I can toy around with and doesn't man up?

When you try to say characters are bad, but you just reveal how much of a sexist idiot you are

😂😂😂😂That was posted like a year ago and I don’t even think like that anymore, but I still don’t believe that women putting their hands on men or vice versa should be portrayed as comedy.
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Jun 19, 2022 4:02 PM

Apr 2019
cupcake847 said:
Pyth79 said:

When you try to say characters are bad, but you just reveal how much of a sexist idiot you are

😂😂😂😂That was posted like a year ago and I don’t even think like that anymore, but I still don’t believe that women putting their hands on men or vice versa should be portrayed as comedy.

Good thing you changed your mind about that then.

However I still believe this is just comedy, and attacking this show on that humour when there are plenty other depictions of it is kinda dumb.

In real life, you'll see some friends insulting each others as a joke, and it's funny. Why ? Because they don't care, and they know their friends don't care either.

When has Kousei said this was bothering him exactly? I don't even get how you guys can think getting hit out of sheer anger by his mother at 5 years old even after he tried his best and getting hit by his friends as a teenager because he just doesn't do anything is the same

The girls hitting Kousei in the show isn't worse than me hitting my friend's shoulder while making fun of him. It's just exaggerated because, guess what, that's what anime does.
Jun 20, 2022 6:53 PM

Apr 2020
MindlessWalker said:

I've also never understood how people can say Kaori and Tsubaki are bad people, they're literally 14-year olds who want their depressed friend to start playing the piano again cause that's what he enjoys the most. Sure you can say that they shouldn't force him to relive his PTSD, but then value dissonance also plays a major role. In Japan they pretty much reject mental illness and pass it off as the individual's lack of resolve (obviously not saying I agree), so it is very likely that the mangaka attributed Kousei's PTSD to his escapism rather than a problem that needed professional help (again not saying I agree). You can't even really say this is a bad handling of PTSD because it's just different cultures viewing things in different ways.

That kind of explains why the suicide rate in Japan is high.
"Humans are like isolated islands, floating in the sea of fate.
Human encounters are like the collision of these lonely islands, and once they touch, there would be an effect. Sometimes, the islands would stick together, in the name of ‘interest’, ‘kinship’, ‘friendship’, ‘love’ and ‘hate’. But eventually, they would separate, walking towards the path of destruction.

This is the truth behind life."

-Fang Yuan
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2015

1178 by anniemanga »»
May 23, 9:06 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2014

332 by Jalexo »»
May 21, 12:10 PM

Poll: » What do you think of the character artstyle?

Mallony - Oct 10, 2014

40 by Keytee1 »»
May 5, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2014

335 by RickHatake »»
May 1, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 29, 2015

234 by exho26 »»
May 1, 2:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.