Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 16, 2022 11:58 PM
Aug 2022
dUmBisEveRywHeRe said:
nVn123 said:

Not crying. Just stating facts. smh kids these days, they get easily triggered, go play with your friends😇.
5 yo kiddo who wannabe so eLitE mAtuRe to teach some adult 🤓🤓🤓 touch some grass and stay way from internet, your mom are waiting you from real life.

Learn to write whatever you're trying to say properly kid👶. Your sentences are not making much sense, you know? They're grammatically incorrect even for an amateur.
Please complete your elementary schooling first😇.
nVn123Sep 17, 2022 12:12 AM
Sep 18, 2022 3:01 AM

Jul 2021
for me mushoku tensei and rezero are on the same level. they both are the best isekais out there.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 18, 2022 7:30 AM

Nov 2020
yes have a good day

Sep 18, 2022 12:30 PM
Dec 2021
dark_knight107 said:
1) Konosuba
2) Re:Zero
3) Mushoku

Konosuba above mushoku? damn never seen that before
Sep 20, 2022 8:17 AM
Jul 2021
Nutelu9001 said:
dark_knight107 said:
1) Konosuba
2) Re:Zero
3) Mushoku

Konosuba above mushoku? damn never seen that before

That's only because I haven't seen Mushoku yet and I enjoyed Konosuba a lot.
Oct 2, 2022 9:45 AM

Oct 2020
nVn123 said:
Mist878 said:
I would have to say yes too. I enjoy Overlord more, but Re:Zero is undoubtedly better.

You forgot about something that hurts your "grandfather of Isekai": The unnecessary ecchi stuff. Don't get me wrong: I don't mind a jiggly bust and a panty shot, but the way its applied ruins the gravitas of the story. It's like the jokes in Marvel movies. The touching moments in Mushoku Tensei just never settled because of this, either by you having ill timed ecchi or the pervy protag thinking about it every opportunity he gets. I haven't seen S02 yet mind you, but, with all the circle-jerk Mushoku Tensei was getting, I was left disappointed with the S01, disregarding how beautiful it was. Re:Zero is no Cowboy Beebop either, but the drama holds up better and kept me more invested in the follow-ups.

Why do you even bother watching if you're so sensitive? Like I said before, the anime is about the mc's redemption from a perverted douchebag to a better version of himself. He is supposed to be like this insufferable piece of shit early on, he's not nearly as good, which makes him a lot better and relatable as a character. You complain about rudy being perverted,but most of the scenes, this apples to, are just typical comic relief scenes,which are exactly the same as in virtually every other anime out there(at least nowadays).Yet people don't complain about all the other shows doing literally the same things.

The main character is an accurate depiction of a shut in, socially awkward and traumatised individual. They often have unhealthy mindsets and are socially crippled individuals. Its like having a mental disability and recovering from it is extremely difficult. Seeing a terrible character overcome their flaws and try to be a better person is an interesting story. It's not remotely problematic.

It is already stupid to think something fictional is problematic, considering something that doesn't exist cannot create a real problem. But when people purposefully misinterpret what is happening in the show, it becomes even more idiotic.

Also you should try completing the anime series first, and then try reading the novel, before complaining anything. You will understand whatever I said perfectly if you just followed the sequence.

I'm not overly sensitive. I just finished watching Freezing and loved Elfin Lied. I said it before and I'll say it again: The timing of the ecchi in Jobless reincarnation ruins the dramatic moments. It's different if you don't draw attention to it (Elfin Lied) or when you know your show is a guilty pleasure and ride that train for all it's worth (Freezing), but Jobless TRIES to be deep but then has our main ogling a girl when she's sick. I've seen both seasons not too long ago and my opinion hasn't changed: the ecchi is paced like the jokes in Marvel movies: it's unbalanced and offsets the tension.

And why do I need to read all that to "get" the show? If I can't "get" it by looking at one medium, then there's definitely something missing in it. I'm not a huge fan of "The Ecchi Anime That Dreamed Of Being A Drama." I'll pass, thanx. If I did that, then I actually WOULD be an idiot, like I would be if I indirectly called someone an idiot for having a discussion over something fictional when I'm doing the same thing by engaging with him 0_0.
Mist878Oct 2, 2022 4:39 PM
Oct 2, 2022 10:05 AM
Jul 2018
mondaiji hard clears its not even funny
Feb 1, 2023 2:37 AM

Aug 2017
Stacias said:
Is Re:Zero the best Isekai or not?

No, I would say Sword Art hands down.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» Ferris and Subaru

Daddi4900 - 8 hours ago

4 by GluttonyNatsuki »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1724 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 10:23 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

589 by ShadowkillZ »»
Jun 1, 3:39 AM

» What happened to Emilia’s votes?

KillLaKillGOAT - May 29

7 by Phloup »»
May 29, 8:55 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2016

1373 by kakaronie »»
May 28, 9:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.