Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 19, 2023 5:10 PM

Mar 2013

• When did you first hear about the anime/manga?
    On a site that posts previews and synopses of animes to come in the season. I found the premise of oshi no ko interesting and here I am xD.
  • Manga reader or Anime-only viewer?
    Anime-only viewer.
  • Favorite character so far? 
    Ruby, both because of the sad life she had before, and because of the new life with her mother's love and her dream of becoming an idol like her.
  • Favorite music/movie/other?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iAF8TJAqp4

Apr 19, 2023 6:04 PM
Sep 2019
well...

I started with the manga, hearing about Aka's new work early. Otherwise, I won't say any favorites because I don't have any so far. Not because I don't like anyone, but because I'm not about to trigger a flame war. 
Apr 19, 2023 6:07 PM
Jan 2022
Hi everyone, my name is Wendel.

I heard about this show while discussing some anime of the season with a friend. As an anime-only viewer, I think it's amazing so far!

I'm looking forward to new episodes.
Sep 2018
Hello!

I am Isoro! I first heard about Oshi no Ko, a few months ago now and recently just started both the anime and manga. When I first heard about Oshi coming out, I knew it was going to be huge! And so far it has not disappointed. I just wish it would come out faster.
Dec 2022
Hi Everyone!
Im James!

Just found Oshi no Ko when ep1 dropped and i havent read the manga yet but its been a great show so far!
Ruby is my favorite character so far.
Apr 19, 2023 6:08 PM

Sep 2021
Im bob, and watch a bit of everything, mostly SOL stuff though lol
Apr 19, 2023 6:09 PM
Sep 2022
hello, I'm kadu and I'm an anime only... I first heard about the anime because of Takahashi Rie, VA foi Ai. I love her work and am grateful for her for getting me to know a lot of good anime!
I am thrilled to watch it and discuss it with you guys
Apr 2021
When did you first hear about the anime/manga?
- Same author from Kaguya-Sama, so I couldn't resist reading it.

Manga reader or Anime-only viewer?
- Manga reader

Favorite character so far? (or the one that looks the most interesting!)
- From the anime? Aqua. 

Favorite music/movie/other?
- Secret

Aug 2015
Hello!! I've been reading the manga since about volume 1 or so i think? I picked it up again recently seeing the anime is out. I really would ahve to say my "Oshi" is Ai, I find her character backstory fairly unique in a way? I think my favorite chara would have to be Aqua haha- I love those twisted justice tropes. :D
Apr 19, 2023 6:10 PM
Dec 2022
I'm Remlicity, and I'm a huge fan of Aka-sensei with Kaguya-sama! 

I did hear about the manga a while ago but I also heard that it was getting an anime adaptation, so I wanted to experience the anime first. The first episode was quite thrilling and I definitely already love this anime. YAOSOBI's music is also amazing and I can't really put into words how much I love this show :)
Apr 19, 2023 6:10 PM
Apr 2017
Hi
My candies:
Apr 19, 2023 6:11 PM
Dec 2014
Hi All,

I am Fu Hsiung, a big fan of idols and the entertainment industry, and this anime fits my taste perfectly! I watched over 8 Anime's in my life already, and this anime stood out to me this season. Oh did I forget to mention I am an active YouTuber? I am! Nice to meet you all 
Feb 2021
Hi I'm doom and I found oshi no ko because the first pv was in my recommended. When I watched it I thought it was a well made pv so I read the manga and I have caught up with it so far. My fav character so far is probably ai or akane but we havent seen akane in the anime yet so I'm hyped for that.
Nov 2022
Yo I love anime and this one looked cool so I tried it out. I keep up with most seasonal stuff so this one was a no brainer. Also Its everywhere in my yt homepage so ye.
Apr 19, 2023 6:14 PM
Nov 2020
Hai Hai!!
I'm Nero

I heard about this anime a lot before its release and even the manga and I was so hooked by the title that I told myself I wasn't going to read the manga till the anime came out so I waited. I should have just read the manga. 
I love manga and anime equally so both of them are excellent.
My favorite character is probably Ruby and Aqua so far, they just seem so cool and I'm excited to see where their characters lead to.
I fricking love j-pop and all kinds of music but YOASOBI - Idol one of my favorite openingssss of all time!

Apr 19, 2023 6:15 PM
Sep 2012
Hey Everyone!!

Names Arcan! 😁

Love the work the author has created before this, and only time I heard about this series was when they announced it going live this year. Looking forward to seeing how much further the rabbit hole goes with this anime and am excited to be here!
Apr 19, 2023 6:15 PM
Aug 2011
Hi, I'm Jokonda. I first found about Oshi no ko while checking out the SPRING anime rooster. I liked the art and was like hmm reincarnation, ok, added to plan to watch. 😂 Before watching the 1st episode I saw the mal score and it being ranked #1, before FMAb, and thought : the f***, what's with this blasphemy? While watching the 1st episode I went through a roller-coaster of emotions. Absolutely loved it. Sad thing is, I think the upcoming episodes are probably not going to be as exciting as the 1st one was after a certain point. Anime only watcher. Favourite character gotta be Aqua.
Apr 19, 2023 6:16 PM

Mar 2014
Hello! 

I'm Mio! Nice to meet you!

I saw it for spoilers in a group of sleeves. I decided to watch it when I asked for spoiler/context.

Anime viewer only, I prefer to be surprised.

Do you have an "Oshi"? (aka your bias)
I really don't understand what you mean... my english is bad.

Favorite character so far? (or the one that looks the most interesting!)
Aqua! More than anything because of the change from white to black star when he thinks about his revenge plans, I hope he succeeds, but I would love to see the complete process.

I have too many favorite things, the truth is that I managed to list them in my profile, placing them here is almost impossible.
Apr 19, 2023 6:17 PM

Mar 2021
Hey everyone I'm Samujagi!
I'm a big fan of Akasaka's other work Kaguya Sama Love Is War, and after watching a video by the Animeman, I gave Oshi no Ko a read, and I really liked it.
My favourite character so far is Akane(manga reader).
Let's have a fun time watching this show!
Apr 19, 2023 6:18 PM
Nov 2020
Howdy! Been reading the manga for a good while, so am looking forward to seeing how things are adapted to the anime!

Feb 2021
Heyo its Sleepyvibez or sleepy I first heard about the anime from some friends. I'd say that I'm an anime viewer and my favorite character so far is Aqua, can't wait for more character development and to see what he does in the show. The opening to this show is amazing, i been playing it on osu a bit. If the show goes well, i might just pick up the manga ...
 Anime Shrug GIFs | Tenor
I'm gonna take a quick nap...zZZ

Sep 2022
Hi, Im Nova.
I know about manga/anime when I was 14 years old.
I like manga as well as anime.
I love the song composed by Ado
I've read the Oshi no Ko Manga before, and when I watched the anime I felt that it was a masterpiece.
Hope you guys also feel the same way.
Apr 19, 2023 6:19 PM
Oct 2022
Hey everyone! My name is Luke, or I go by Sprite online. I actually have never heard of the manga before the anime was released. I heard about it when the first teaser for the anime came out. I plan to watch all of the anime first, then probably continue the story with the manga afterwards. My “oshi” which I’m more familiar with the term being someone who you support or like push forward, so going by that definition, it would be my little brother. He’s trying to become a professional baseball player, so I support him and play with him for practice. My favorite character so far is Aqua because I love characters with his personality and just loving his character so far, loved the scene where he had to act as the little boy in the forest! My favorite music is progressive rock, and I am a huge vinyl collector, I have over a thousand records! If anyone is interested in checking out my Discogs collection, let me know! My favorite bands of all time are Rush, Pink Floyd, and Oingo Boingo.
Apr 19, 2023 6:20 PM
Aug 2022
Hello!

I just recently got into this anime but heard about it a lot before the spring season rolled around. I usually start off watching anime only but when I get too excited to wait I switch to the manga and read all I can! Which, I feel for this anime that might end up being the case lol. I did not know what to expect and all I have to say is that the anime has already blown my expectations far beyond what I could have imagined! I am already debating reading the manga to get more but I will try to hold off for now. It's' probably too early for me to say who my favorite character is so I will wait to see how things change and what happens. 

On another note I am also new to posts so I hope this isn't out of line but I would love to get suggestions of other anime/manga like this so if anyone has recommendations I'd love to hear them!! Thank you and I hope we can all enjoy this story together!
Apr 19, 2023 6:20 PM
Jun 2022
Hello! I'm SirAlpha, but you can call me Sir or Sira.

• I remembered that I saw some images from the Manga the last year.
  • Currently I'm only Anime-viewer.
  • Sometimes I listening to idol's groups, but I don't have a favorite group.
  • I really like a lot Aqua in the first episode and I also think that Kana Arima was an interesting character.
  • Forever I listen to japanese music, I really enjoyed since I started to watch anime

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.

Apr 19, 2023 6:22 PM
Jan 2019
Howdy howdy! Names don't matter, you can call me adorable! 
I've been reading the manga for several months now, my favourite character is definitely Ruby! Gotta love her energy and when she gets all psycho crazy! 
I'm loving the animation and can't wait for more episodes! Don't want to spoil anything but there are absolutely some later moments that had me bawling or horrified and I want to see them in motion!
Apr 19, 2023 6:22 PM
Apr 2023
Greetings, I'm WinterKing. I first heard about it when was scrolling around the web. I've been reading since the first volume. My oshi is Arima Kana, as I loved her character growth throughout the manga. Favorite song is the opening provided by Yoasobi, "Idol".
Apr 19, 2023 6:25 PM
Nov 2020
This anime is peak nothing else to say
Apr 19, 2023 6:26 PM
May 2019

I probably heard of it when it first started serializing considering I am a fan of Akasaka, but I really learned about the premise when Trash Taste did a stream about a manga awards of some sort because the manga was nominated (and won if I recall). Must’ve been 2 years ago or so?

Anime-Only, though I’ll definitely be reading the manga as soon as the anime finishes airing.

Do you have an "Oshi"? (aka your bias)

No

Favorite character so far? (or the one that looks the most interesting!)

I loved Ai, seemed like such a fascinating character. Her death was a gut-punch and I’m not sure who my favorite will be going forward. Most likely Aquamarine.

Favorite Anime Movie is probably ‘I want to eat your pancreas’
Apr 19, 2023 6:27 PM
Mar 2023
Hello, I’m Angel. I heard of this anime awhile back when I come across the trailer and heard people saying how is messed up so I was like that’s interesting. I’m an anime viewer. No bias. Favorite character so far is AI since she is voice by Rie Takahashi, ruby and Aqua since both have a tragic tale and I want to see what will happens to them as the story continues. Favorite movie is The Suepr Mario Bros Movie (2023) and teasing master takagi San movie. Favorite anime is hard to chose bc I love many anime, but to make it few teasing master takagi San, noragami, Kaguya loves is more and many more. Favorite music is hard but eurobeat, teasing master takagi San music, noragami battle music, fly away, live and learn, radwimps and so many more
Apr 19, 2023 6:27 PM
Mikuru Beam!

Apr 2011
Hello, I'm Lee! I first heard about this series when the anime hype started tbh, and I picked up the first volume of the manga and read it on a whim and I was all in! I went to the NA premiere of the show at Anime Boston, and loved it (and also brought my friend to get him into it too- he was convinced). I'm keeping up with the anime and going to catch up with the manga now as well. From the short amount I've seen/read so far, I'm most interested in Aqua, but I'm curious to see some of the other characters in the opening that haven't really been introduced yet! Speaking of the opening, it rocks, I'll definitely have it on repeat.

Apr 19, 2023 6:28 PM
Jan 2022
Hi! I am rosierose1 but you may call me Eden.
I just heard about this anime from an email I got a few minutes ago (lol) but I may check it out because it sounds interesting!
I am an anime only viewer but I am slowly becoming a manga reader... if I don't get bored too fast from reading it lol.
I don't have an oshi, as I need to watch the anime still and I might wait until the anime is over to binge watch it.
Apr 19, 2023 6:29 PM
May 2019
Helllo!! I'm AGU and I had heard about the anime for a bit now. Yesterday I was told I neeeeeeeed to watch it, and I did. This anime has me super hyped and so far I'm loving it ALOT!! I don't really have a favorite character but I'm liking how all of them are fleshing out so I'm super excited to see how the anime goes!
Apr 19, 2023 6:29 PM
Feb 2022
Hi everyone I am pdkgameplay (username) I am watching anime for upto 5+ years, when I first hear and anime was in my 11th grade and now I am full fan of anime and manga are also interesting when I read 
It was very interesting , due to under circumstances, I cannot use phone because of hostel stay upto 10th grade, when I come out of hostel, I am started to realize the world change much, but i cannot find anything, as a single started to wonder what is love, then when I found the animes are exist, my first anime was (Valkyrie drive :mermaid) its a softcore yuri anime,  my mind started to adapt the yuri anime anyways, as a yuri fan I always watch yuri stuff and then I jump to other categories and now I am a otaku 🇯🇵🙇 before I realize I am become a big fan of anime. My favorite character was mamori tokoname from valkyrie drive:mermaid and mai from sono hanabira ni kuchizuke wo(hentai). 

What I "oshi" Was to find a job in Japan and find my first love with the Japanese girl. 

Recently I see this seasonal anime "oshi no ko" And started to wondering how interesting the plot, the main character was killed then her kids were started to revenge a different plot but a bit sad story too. 

PDKGAMEPLAYApr 19, 2023 6:36 PM
Apr 19, 2023 6:30 PM

Dec 2020
I first heard about the anime from a friend who is excited for the new upcoming anime season spring, 2023. I am an anime only viewer. I my favorite character is I definitely Ai, love her look and attitude to life. She’s extremely resilient and I relate to her a lot. I also like Aquamarine,revenge characters are my soft spot. loving the opening song too
Apr 19, 2023 6:31 PM

Oct 2020
I don't want to disclose my name IRL but you can call me HARVARD LAWYER LEE, u must use the whole thing for me to recognize you

I am a fan of Kaguya, I heard about Oshi no Ko around 2021-2022 on twitter, from Japanese Seiyuu Katsuyuki Konishi (Kamina - Guren Lagann), on his official personal twitter account, where he recommends various manga to people, the art caught my interest and I started reading a few chapters. Later on in 2022 an adaptation was announced so I didn't read any further, don't get me wrong I just prefer color, Manga's art is Good af.

I hope I can get along with you all.
Apr 19, 2023 6:33 PM

Sep 2020
Hi guys!! My name is Kia. Oshi no Ko is one of the best anime i ever watched! (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕⁠✿⁠)
smsdm

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 19, 2023 6:33 PM

Feb 2021
Hi! I'm Yudi and I really love to watch anime so much!
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 19, 2023 6:35 PM
Oct 2019
I first heard about it when scrolling through Akasaka's work, really got into it once Gigguk and Suisei talked about it.

Manga reader

Do you have an "Oshi"? (aka your bias)
Daredemo Daisuki

Favorite character so far? (or the one that looks the most interesting!)
Kana since I always gravitate towards the Tsundere!

Anything Fate or Type Moon related.
Apr 19, 2023 6:41 PM
Jan 2021
Hello everyone, I'm Turtle!

I first found out about this show/manga when the trailer for the season released. Originally I passed it up, but upon season episode one after a friends recommendation I fell completely in love with the story. Right now I'm anime-only, but I plan to read the manga once the series wraps. My favorite character so far is still Ai, but I'm really interested to see how Aqua turns out. I don't really have an Oshi, but I may pick one up some day.

I really look forward to seeing how this series goes and seeing what other people think of it.
Apr 19, 2023 6:42 PM
Jun 2020
    Hi, my name is ÉoBerrr.
  It's been a little over a year since I started watching anime. I am not used to reading manga, but I already knew about the work, and it was in my plan to read it. Everything I knew about it happened in the first episode and even though I knew what was going to happen, the episode surprised me, especially at the end!
From now on it will be a blind experiment and I hope it continues to surprise me.
Apr 19, 2023 6:42 PM
Sep 2018
Hi,
I'm Alibi!

One of my friend told me to watch the first episode, and to not search or ask anything until I watched it! So I did what he asked and I'm here now because of it.
Apr 19, 2023 6:44 PM

Feb 2023
Hi Everyone!!

I watch a huge fan of anime and because some anime don't complete the entire manga adaptation I started reading managa, and thus entered a entirely new world of anime/manga.

When oshi no ko was announced I was not happy as this is not the genre I like the most, but regardless I read volume 1 of the manga and got hooked, currently I am with the manga and super excited seeing new episodes drop every week.

This may be based on my bias because I read the manga but I like the director; and president of strawberry productions. Ah! Also I love Aqua and Ai.

Let's enjoy this show together!!
Apr 19, 2023 6:46 PM
Nov 2021
Hello! I'm nyuppo :)

I had heard about Oshi no Ko for a while because of Kaguya-sama, but never actually learned much about it beyond "it's another manga by the Kaguya-sama author", so I went into this show blind and man it was a rollercoaster! Definitely excited to see where the story goes, my Wednesdays are a lot more exciting now
Apr 19, 2023 6:47 PM
Mar 2023
Hey I'm Akira! I love Akasaka's work and am always looking for interesting art styles and color palettes in anime and manga, plus having a YOASOBI op just makes me even more interested. I'm anime only right now but I'm hoping I can go into the manga soon
Apr 19, 2023 6:56 PM
Oct 2021
Hi, I’m Mari and I’ve been really keen for this anime to drop from all the screenshots I’ve seen over social media. Loved the first ep and will probably read the manga as the anime airs as I’m too impatient to wait each week. 🫣
Apr 19, 2023 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a casual anime viewer, and I'm trying to get more into it.

I heard about Oshi No Ko on Twitter, someone wrote how great it is and I got interested. So I got a HIDIVE account especially for this anime.

I'm not a manga reader, it's just not my cup of tea, but I really enjoy watching anime.

My favorite character so far is Ruby and the most interesting character for me is Aqua.
Apr 19, 2023 6:58 PM
Jul 2022
Hi, I'm blue_pastel.
I first learned about Oshi no Ko through the Trash Taste podcast and I think I'll be an anime only veiwer for the most part. 
I used to be an avid consumer of Kpop, stanning groups like Twice, IZ*ONE, and NCT with my biases being Mina, Sakura, and Yuta respectfully.
Nowadays, I'm into the Love Live! franchise, with Aqours being my favorite. 
Apr 19, 2023 7:03 PM

Feb 2021
Hello! I'm Gotthea, sorry if my english is bad... i heard about manga Oshi no Ko around October 2021 and i started reading it in November of that year.
about "Oshi" I might not have, for my fav character of course I like Akane, especially when she's solving problems. She sure acts/has an aura like a detective and i love it. Fav music probably I like Road of Resistance by BABYMETAL
Apr 19, 2023 7:03 PM
Jul 2021
Hi!
I'm pelto :)

I discovered Oshi No Ko with the first anime ep and oh boy.. firstly i though it was a happy slice of life about a joung wholesome mother...

DAMN, HOW WRONG I WAS...

The end of the first episode left me speechless, in tears and honnestly, emotionnaly distroyed.

I know Aka Akasaka with Kaguya sama and though it was gonna be as wholesome and stupidly fun, but...
I discovered a tragic realistic story (if you forget the reincarnation thing) and the emotions they wanted to convey.. it hit me like a truck because the characters, their feeling, the simple wish of Ai.. all of this felt like reality, i felt that they were truly alive and with all the generic boring anime of the past year, it's as refreshing as painfull.. i'll surely Begin to read to manga ( After Ai's death because it's to hard to relive it)

Personnaly, my fav character for now is basically Ai... She was pretty attractive and extremely carefull for her children despite her young age.. i'll not Say that she was trully mature.. but she was totally serious when it's about Aqua and Ruby.. she had simple but relatable goals: have her own familly, feel Real Love,not the lies she was used to always tell, be a good mother and see her childs success.. And the simple fact that when her end was near, and her life flashed before her eyes, it only began when the Twins were born.. meaning that we litterally lived what she considered the begining of her life with her, it made me cry.. I swear to god, i've never felt so bad for the death of a fictionnal character ( and tbh, even for certain real ppl of my entourage). it's kinda disconcerting that a character who's so well written, have a so tragic fate, and so fast. Really, Ai's death scene isn't gonna leave my head for a very long time, and maybe forever...even if she knew that her end was near, she still managed to smile to Aqua, in a last attempt to reassure him..
I really feel aqua's anger and pain, seeing your Idol and mother, her eyes, before so sparking and Alive, now completely empty..

My Oshi? Simply Being happy✨✨
Fav music ? I don't really have one
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (22) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why is this club not visible on MAL app?

BlackSpectrum - Apr 17

4 by BlackSpectrum »»
May 7, 4:39 AM

» 🎁 Rewards Ladder ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MAL_Event - May 21, 2023

568 by kamyk0wsky »»
May 3, 6:56 PM

Poll: » Favorite character ( 1 2 )

ateks - May 6, 2023

63 by damxhunter »»
May 2, 12:06 PM

Poll: » Which character would you choose to act as if you were in Oshi no Ko and why?

Remi2017 - Sep 18, 2023

4 by Remi2017 »»
Feb 27, 12:28 AM

» What’s Your Favorite Live Action Oshi no Ko Performance? Or One You’re Looking Forward to?

Remi2017 - Feb 27

0 by Remi2017 »»
Feb 27, 12:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.