Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 16, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
InfernCup said:
Your posts aren't much better when you bring up your "overrated three" in the majority of yours.

Guess that makes your opinion about those series invalidated right?

Oh right. That makes me a hypocrite, I admit. Now I knew why Mirai Nikki has to follow me everywhere, but looks like I'll have to mindlessly praise something without watching it so people could use that thing as the scapegoat for their complaints.

Kaimon said:
Of course when it comes to long-runners judging the -entire series- from like the first 20-30 episodes is just dumb. It's one thing to not have a good first impression but it's another to act like all of your problems with a show are still there later on or that it doesn't get better

What's dumb is not accepting the fact that 30 episodes of a long runner is 9999999% more than enough to judge the entire series, and that 30 episodes is much longer than 26 episodes. What's dumb is thinking the problems at the beginning will go away, and stick to the anime and torture yourself just to get yourself to the good part. If the good part comes too late, then the series is bad.
Apr 16, 2014 12:33 PM

Apr 2011
Lord_Pooka said:
InfernCup said:
Your posts aren't much better when you bring up your "overrated three" in the majority of yours.

Guess that makes your opinion about those series invalidated right?

Oh right. That makes me a hypocrite, I admit. Now I knew why Mirai Nikki has to follow me everywhere, but looks like I'll have to mindlessly praise something without watching it so people could use that thing as the scapegoat for their complaints.

No, just keep your mouth shut if you haven't watched it. Seriously, ever wonder why people think you're a troll?
Apr 16, 2014 12:35 PM

Mar 2014
yhunata said:
No, just keep your mouth shut if you haven't watched it. Seriously, ever wonder why people think you're a troll?

Because people can't tell the difference between someone who vows discord among interneters and a someone who never saw a thing yet complains. I have the almighty right to do it, people be damned.
Apr 16, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2011
Lord_Pooka said:
yhunata said:

Because people can't tell the difference between someone who vows discord among interneters and a someone who never saw a thing yet complains. I have the almighty right to do it, people be damned.

Then be happy being considered a troll.
Apr 16, 2014 12:55 PM
Feb 2014
SolBlade said:
Irony is a beautiful thing, eh?

Only when done right.
Apr 16, 2014 12:56 PM

Sep 2012
I don't get why everybody has this strange delusion that people like, make some tremendous effort to muster up as much criticism as they can and claim it is fact. Nobody does this.

It takes almost no effort to click on a thread, look at the contents of that thread, form an initial opinion, and then articulate that opinion and post a comment. News announcement threads are not an echo chamber full of only positivity, and they never should be.

What the fuck is the point of an advertisement or announcement of a series if nobody is allowed to form an opinion on it because "they didn't see it yet". Well no shit sherlock, neither did you. So retorting people "criticizing" the show, by your own logic, makes you exactly as much of an idiot for judging it positively before watching. Companies wouldn't release trailers or information on what they are working on if they didn't want people to form opinions about it before it is released. It's called fucking marketing. If a teaser, carefully and meticulously constructed by the same fucking people who made the show, with the sole purpose of interesting their target audience and creating as much attention and hype as possible, looks like something that I would not enjoy, or has certain elements to it that I find distasteful, overused, banal, and ultimately boring, that is a really clear fucking indication that I will not enjoy the show as a whole.

I click on a link, takes maybe about a 12th of a second. The page loads. I observe the content of the material being presented. I either initially like it or don't like it. I then use about half an ounce of my brain power to put into words exactly what I liked or disliked about what I saw, and then another 5-20 seconds typing it. Then I click another button to post it. HOLY SHIT SO MUCH EFFORT. I'M A HUGE HATER!

People will post comments like "Aww yes my dick will like this show, can't wait to watch!!!!" or "Lolis. Instant 10//10" and nobody gives a fuck. But as soon as you get a "this looks like ecchi garbage, I'm gonna pass" or "this looks really cliche and uninteresting" everybody starts chiming in with "WOW why are you even here then?", "Why bother even saying anything if you're not interested?", "Such a troll", "Haters are just gonna hate", "uhhh you haven't seen it your opinion isn't fact" and other bullshit.

I really don't see how people don't realize the utter irony of posting a positive comment about something they haven't seen yet, and then berating somebody for posting a negative comment because they haven't seen it yet.

I'm gonna keep looking at new announcements for new series. I'm going to keep leaving positive remarks on what I think looks like it has potential. I'm going to keep leaving negative remarks on what I think looks like utter garbage. Your cognitively dissonant bitching isn't going to do a damn thing.

Deal with it.
Red_KeysApr 16, 2014 1:00 PM
Apr 16, 2014 1:00 PM
Feb 2014
Red_Keys said:
I don't get why everybody has this strange delusion that people like, make some tremendous effort to muster up as much criticism as they can and claim it is fact. Nobody does this.

"Nobody does this."

lol, great one.

I laughed hysterically and grabbed a coke after skimming through the rest.
Apr 16, 2014 1:15 PM

Apr 2011
Red_Keys said:

It takes almost no effort to click on a thread, look at the contents of that thread, form an initial opinion, and then articulate that opinion and post a comment. News announcement threads are not an echo chamber full of only positivity, and they never should be.

What the fuck is the point of an advertisement or announcement of a series if nobody is allowed to form an opinion on it because "they didn't see it yet". Well no shit sherlock, neither did you. So retorting people "criticizing" the show, by your own logic, makes you exactly as much of an idiot for judging it positively before watching. Companies wouldn't release trailers or information on what they are working on if they didn't want people to form opinions about it before it is released. It's called fucking marketing. If a teaser, carefully and meticulously constructed by the same fucking people who made the show, with the sole purpose of interesting their target audience and creating as much attention and hype as possible, looks like something that I would not enjoy, or has certain elements to it that I find distasteful, overused, banal, and ultimately boring, that is a really clear fucking indication that I will not enjoy the show as a whole.

I click on a link, takes maybe about a 12th of a second. The page loads. I observe the content of the material being presented. I either initially like it or don't like it. I then use about half an ounce of my brain power to put into words exactly what I liked or disliked about what I saw, and then another 5-20 seconds typing it. Then I click another button to post it. HOLY SHIT SO MUCH EFFORT. I'M A HUGE HATER!

People will post comments like "Aww yes my dick will like this show, can't wait to watch!!!!" or "Lolis. Instant 10//10" and nobody gives a fuck. But as soon as you get a "this looks like ecchi garbage, I'm gonna pass" or "this looks really cliche and uninteresting" everybody starts chiming in with "WOW why are you even here then?", "Why bother even saying anything if you're not interested?", "Such a troll", "Haters are just gonna hate", "uhhh you haven't seen it your opinion isn't fact" and other bullshit.

I really don't see how people don't realize the utter irony of posting a positive comment about something they haven't seen yet, and then berating somebody for posting a negative comment because they haven't seen it yet.

I'm gonna keep looking at new announcements for new series. I'm going to keep leaving positive remarks on what I think looks like it has potential. I'm going to keep leaving negative remarks on what I think looks like utter garbage. Your cognitively dissonant bitching isn't going to do a damn thing.

Deal with it.

Believing that something might be good and deciding that something is bad are two very different things, mate.
Apr 16, 2014 1:56 PM

Sep 2012
yhunata said:
Believing that something might be good and deciding that something is bad are two very different things, mate.
First off, I can use words to describe the same situation with different connotations to paint one as more favorable than the other too. Requesting that somebody should be aware of other opinions and demanding that people conform to nothing but positivity are two different things.

But I hope you don't take that sentence seriously, because it's nothing but dishonest connotation play, and isn't describing the situation accurately.

And second off, if the only outcomes of those two actions that you are describing are "watch show" and "not watch show", then yes, they are the same thing. After all, I decide what to watch and what not to watch solely as a function of my own judgement and preferences. My own personal perception of the show is literally the most important deciding factor in whether or not I'm going to subjugate myself to it. If I "believe" that something "might" be good, I'm going to give it a shot. If I "decide" that something "is" good... I'm going to give it a shot. If I "believe" that something "might" be bad, I'm not going to bother watching it. And if I "decide" that something "is" bad, I'm still not going to fucking watch it. Why should you give a single shit what I "decide" to not watch and what I "believe" to watch?

At this point, you aren't really arguing with what I said, but just saying words that don't really mean anything just for the sake of saying words.
Apr 16, 2014 2:02 PM

Jul 2012
TheNaturalPerm said:
you can usually tell how much a show will suck just by reading the description and looking at genres/cover.

examples from this very season: "gochuumon wa usagi desu ka" and "seikoku no dragonar"

nobody needs to see these shows to know how good they are.

Usagi Desu Ka is a great show. I was able to tell that by the description as well and was correct once
I watched it.
Apr 16, 2014 2:26 PM
Feb 2014
If they haven't seen the show ,they have no reason to bitch about it especially if they're not going to watch it.
Apr 17, 2014 3:37 AM

Jan 2013
Joshua1207 said:
TheNaturalPerm said:
you can usually tell how much a show will suck just by reading the description and looking at genres/cover.

examples from this very season: "gochuumon wa usagi desu ka" and "seikoku no dragonar"

nobody needs to see these shows to know how good they are.

Usagi Desu Ka is a great show. I was able to tell that by the description as well and was correct once
I watched it.

that's my point. people who like these type of mindless moe shows will know right from the cover that they'll like it.
I on the other hand could tell that it's a loser show not suited for the excellence that is my taste!
Apr 19, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2012
Red_Keys said:

Deal with it.

I think you are sort of missing the point here.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 19, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2013
Well that's just stupid.... on soooo many levels that it's just too funny not to laugh at them....

Is there any guy who will actually accept(or follow) their opinion on anything that they haven't seen or read? That's even more stupid.... It's like the movie "Dumb & Dumber"...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Apr 19, 2014 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
It's kind of understandable if the show that the person is complaining about is a specific genre that they have no respect for. I would be lying if I said I've never done it but I can't help it. When the Twilight movies came out I'm sure most of us that were complaining about them didn't even give them a shot. Sure it's a bad example but my point is most of us do it and pretending like we never have is simple shallow denial so that others think we're high and mighty.
Have you worshiped our Empress today?

Apr 19, 2014 3:32 PM

Nov 2012
jimbob1141 said:
Red_Keys said:

Deal with it.

I think you are sort of missing the point here.

He might've gone a bit on a tangent, but what he's arguing against is the same kind of logic the OP and many others users on this site are using and he's hit the nail on the head in regards to that.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect, part 2.

Gashadokur0 - 4 hours ago

14 by Gashadokur0 »»
4 minutes ago

» Why Trap Characters are good

GoatPieceLuffy - Yesterday

16 by shin0by »»
5 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - 9 minutes ago

0 by niknasr »»
9 minutes ago

» What is the greatest anime crime?

SgtBateMan - 3 hours ago

10 by Ratris_Decision »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » How many characters from MAL top-100 do you know and what is your opinion on them?

Shizuna - Apr 16

44 by TheMechaManiac »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.