Forum Settings
Forums

Is KyoAni the primary reason Key Anime are good?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 15, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2007
TallonKarrde23 said:
Zalis said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
In terms of following the source material, at least - given half the cast isn't missing or turned into incestuous lesbian women (both things KyoAni has done).
Out of pure curiosity, in which KEY adaptations has KyoAni done this?

CLANNAD and FMP:TSR were what I was referring to, the latter not being a Key adaptation (I never implied it was either, I was saying they are terrible at adaptations in general - including Key works) - however Clannad is very much a Key adaptation.
And again, I was asking which KEY adaptations this happened in, allowing for the possibility of KyoAni doing those things in other adaptations. I don't know about FMP! TSR as I haven't read the novels, but half the cast is missing in Clannad?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/Clannad

Out of that list, I could only find one minor character who wasn't in the anime. No doubt some characters have their roles reduced due a different route being adapted, but that happens in all VN adaptations, aside from ones that use the "anthology" approach. It's hardly limited to KyoAni, nor is it equivalent to cutting them out entirely. As for "turned into incestuous lesbians," I can see where you're coming from in TSR, but where did I miss them in Clannad? Sure, there are a few minor sisterly affection jokes between Kyou and Ryou, but that's as far as it goes.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jun 2

70 by ColourWheel »»
1 minute ago

» What's an anime people consider messed up that has no effect on you

isseixkoneko - May 26

45 by Cielord »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think western animation is better than anime right now? ( 1 2 3 4 )

Runasius - Feb 22, 2023

186 by kagamiiin »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you find immoral anime fun to watch?

LenRea - Yesterday

27 by Cielord »»
12 minutes ago

» HELP ME FIND THIS ANIME!!!

nakurwiamnleb - 39 minutes ago

3 by Emmuhzx »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.