Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you like shinji?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 11, 2022 11:22 AM
Dec 2021
Because he's the best written character in anime?? Also he's literally me (unfortunately). If you consider him as "bland" or "bad-written", you're just extremely dumb, accept it.
gaburiiiJun 11, 2022 11:29 AM
Jun 12, 2022 7:26 PM

Mar 2021
WaifuPop said:
Because he's the best written character in anime?? Also he's literally me (unfortunately). If you consider him as "bland" or "bad-written", you're just extremely dumb, accept it.
Don't even try reasoning with those people that hate Shinji, bro. The average dumb kid or edgy 14-year-old anime fan praises generic garbage shows, do you expect them to appreciate anything that even has a hint of nuance or subtlety, let alone Evangelion lol
Jun 12, 2022 7:31 PM
Mar 2022
__booth_ said:
I dislike him so much, it was a struggle watching nge because of him, mf sexually assaulted an unconscious girl but people look past it cause he has daddy issues and he's a "great written character" idk what he's done for him to be a great written character.
crying every episode doesn't make someone a good character, each episode was him having a mental breakdown cause he didn't wanna ride a robot

He's not supposed to be a role model, there's no "looking past it" necessary. It's not a fucking Batman comic. That scene where he leaned in for a kiss with asuka sleeping next to him is also probably PROBLEMATIC + L + RATIO by today's standards as well if your only gauge of anything in fiction is whether or not it would be morally correct in real life, but that's not the point. It's a memorable show BECAUSE it's not afraid of these weird little intimate moments of fallibility and weakness

"crying every episode"
Posts like this make me convinced I'm the only one on earth who's seen Eva and everybody else has seen some parallel dimension version of the show made of memes about the actual show
YAHOOGAYCHATROOMJun 12, 2022 7:38 PM
Jun 13, 2022 2:26 AM
Dec 2021
TripleX231 said:
WaifuPop said:
Don't even try reasoning with those people that hate Shinji, bro. The average dumb kid or edgy 14-year-old anime fan praises generic garbage shows, do you expect them to appreciate anything that even has a hint of nuance or subtlety, let alone Evangelion lol
True, they should just admit that they're extremely dumb and it's okay for me, but saying that Shinji is a bad-written character is just plain wrong and ignorant.
Jul 15, 2022 5:28 PM
Jun 2013
Not gonna lie, reading some people trying their best to justify someone jerking off to a unconscious girl in a hospital as something "relatable because he went through bad things" is definitely something else, even more with the ones trying to pretend that they're some kind of superior human beings for being a fan of the character kkkk.
Jul 15, 2022 5:37 PM
May 2015
Oh great, they insisted the wrath of Eva Fans.

But yer I think he gets favorites to cause he's a character people like or relate to simple as. it's the same reason any and almost every character gets a favorite.
Jul 16, 2022 10:22 AM

Sep 2016
I like Shinji because he's like no other MC I've ever seen. That alone makes him unique and interesting to me.
Jul 16, 2022 8:27 PM

May 2021
He is the main character of a popular shounen anime, there isnt much mistery about it, pseudointellectuals/depressed wannabe's/fanboys will say he is well written, deep or realistic but it is very far from that, it's just basic mathematics.
Jul 17, 2022 1:30 AM
Sep 2021
Because it is a little bitch that losers think they felt related to.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you have any Evangelion merchandise? ( 1 2 )

TsutanaiFuun - May 29

57 by NaTsu_aKk0- »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

then - May 10, 2008

161 by NihilisticMystic »»
May 29, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

813 by katto_al_ameer »»
May 28, 6:48 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Voltlighter - Nov 30, 2007

227 by wallus81 »»
May 27, 1:24 AM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

189 by wallus81 »»
May 27, 12:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.