Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

To those who dislike SAO, what part do you hate about SAO that makes you dislike it?

Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 13, 2022 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
fairy dance arc & the whole second season.

fairy dance arc... the ending. they brought back sao for what? then the whole second season was just all over the place. ggo then excaliber of some sort then sleeping knights. not to mention the whole sexual assault parts.

(this is just a joke my friend said: "sao" means "sexual assault online" instead of "sword art online")
Jan 14, 2022 6:49 AM

Dec 2019
Sparti3000 said:
(if he could custom write an item mid game then why can’t he just turn on the “log out” button?)

If I remember correctly, a force quit causes the same brain electrocution that dying in the game causes.
Jan 14, 2022 9:31 AM
Dec 2021
Everything after 1st arc (+ the script is cringe)
Jan 14, 2022 11:44 AM

Sep 2018
I don't mind Sword Art Online and definitely don't hate it as much as others do, but I would say...

* Erratic pacing problems appear throughout Sword Art Online and it's sequels

* Emotional payoff isn't that great at times, scenes made out to be more impactful than what they are, thanks to how poorly/quickly developed they were

* A LOT of convenience, especially for Kirito. Haven't seen many anime that have more plot convenience in it tbh

* The authors cuck fetish with Eugeo, Alice and Kirito. Absolute BS.

Other than that though, I enjoy the settings of SAO quite a lot, well animated, some shock value thrown in there. Characters are hit or miss.
Jan 16, 2022 12:39 PM

Mar 2018
The stuff with Kiritos sister cousin, and Asuna getting molested a lot. It was bad, even by anime standards.
Jan 16, 2022 6:26 PM
Apr 2021
It’s got some really good moments but half the plot fills like it should be filler
Jan 25, 2022 9:53 AM
Aug 2021
Virtuual said:
I think it had potential to be really great but in my opinion they took what could have been 3 seasons and compressed it into 1. It was a great starting story but horribly written.
Just let them be, I don't want to die before SAO ends. If they will choose long phasing, it will cost decades. The cost of rushed S1 was paid, moreover they are doing the progressive so people may stop complaining anymore.
Jan 26, 2022 2:16 AM
Dec 2021
(spoilers for the ending of GGO)
I really enjoyed the anime the first time I watched it. Then I rewatched it a couple more times and noticed more and more glaring flaws in the writing, the rough 'romance', and the obvious pacing issues. That's not what stopped me from watching it though. I have so many issues with the assault scenes with Asuna and half the other main female protags. Episode 10 of Alicization was the absolute dealbreaker for me. Ironically my favourite season is GGOA because it has none of that in there and it's just a nice story. I really liked GGO and it would be my favourite we're it not for the guy trying to drug the girl at the end because he wanted to be with her. I don't have a problem with people liking it, that's good for you! One more thing you can watch and enjoy. Those issues just kill the anime for me though.
Mar 31, 2022 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
The part when the heathen was being mean to Jesus-kun and his wifuy.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Best anime ? ( 1 2 )

inthelovedotorg - Jun 11

81 by AGiantWeeb »»
4 hours ago

» Can someone explain?

infinite_Shadows - Jun 3

19 by nasralkhatib »»
Jun 8, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1446 by kosarzek »»
Jun 6, 7:11 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

74 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 4, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

1269 by Hesmiyu »»
Jun 4, 7:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.