Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 8, 2023 3:35 AM
Mar 2017
Hi everyone I just finished the series and I thought it was funny and actually music was surprisingly good I really liked it.  I've been contemplating on readong the manga but it's usually really hard to me to read it because of the messed up panels and order and everything. So is it worth reading? And also does Bocchi become normal in the manga?
Aug 8, 2023 3:50 AM
Feb 2018
1 I like the manga (4koma is a torture)
2 no, but she have Moments
Aug 8, 2023 6:27 AM

Jun 2020
I think so. We’re probably not gonna get a season 2 of an anime for a while, so reading the manga is ur best bet for more content. All you need is a quick google search of how to read 4koma manga.

But remember the manga will have no songs unlike the anime, so the performances aren’t that special. Bocchi improves a little bit, but is still pretty disappointing. I was more impressed with how much the brand grows their image
Aug 8, 2023 6:32 AM
Sep 2017
Y E S. The Mikakunin Riot arc (read: Tournament arc) was LIT!!!
Aug 8, 2023 8:20 AM
Mar 2017
josepiza24 said:
thanks ill give it a try
Aug 8, 2023 8:21 AM
Mar 2017
Jailed said:
I think so. We’re probably not gonna get a season 2 of an anime for a while, so reading the manga is ur best bet for more content. All you need is a quick google search of how to read 4koma manga.

But remember the manga will have no songs unlike the anime, so the performances aren’t that special. Bocchi improves a little bit, but is still pretty disappointing. I was more impressed with how much the brand grows their image
thanks for responding
ofc it won't have songs in it lol I just mentioned it bc it was my favorite part from the show
Aug 8, 2023 8:21 AM
Mar 2017
Reyhawk said:
Y E S. The Mikakunin Riot arc (read: Tournament arc) was LIT!!!
thanks for sharing
Aug 8, 2023 10:16 AM

Jun 2020
manalishi said:
Jailed said:

thanks for responding
ofc it won't have songs in it lol I just mentioned it bc it was my favorite part from the show

Lol i know but the sounds really do add a lot, Bocchi’s solo was 2 pages in the manga, but in the anime you can just hear how confident and amazing that moment rlly was. So I feel the manga content would hit harder in anime form, but obviously it’s better to read now since we’re not getting season 2 soon 🫀
Aug 8, 2023 10:22 AM

May 2020
4 koma is weird to read if you are not experienced on it!!!

It still has the humor the show has but lacks the visuals & sounds to compliment it!!!

& so far on what i read,

Bocchi is still Bocchi!!!

The anime is superior by a mile but still a must read if you really love the show!!!

I totally recommend you to also read Scummy Bandman Bocchi!!!

A spinoff in which the title says it all!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Aug 8, 2023 7:48 PM
Aug 2019
just give it a try,if you don't like the experience while reading it, then you can stop and wait for the season 2
Aug 9, 2023 7:57 PM
Nov 2022
manalishi said:
Hi everyone I just finished the series and I thought it was funny and actually music was surprisingly good I really liked it.  I've been contemplating on readong the manga but it's usually really hard to me to read it because of the messed up panels and order and everything. So is it worth reading? And also does Bocchi become normal in the manga?

Rather than "messed up panels" it's a type of paneling called 4-koma (usually reserved for certain gag comedy manga) in which the setup and the punchline of the joke are done within 4 panels

The reading order usually goes a little something like:
5 1
6 2
7 3
8 4

It's definitely a bit limiting though some pages would be paneled regularly but all-in-all it helps with focusing on the gag comedy aspect as most of the time you're limited to 4, sometimes 8 panels for a joke.

Personally, for anime adaptations based on manga I'd usually recommend reading from the beginning, not where the anime left off since you get to see the differences in cinematography/paneling between the anime and manga as well as what's left out but BTR is one of the only manga I would slightly recommend reading from where the anime left off over reading from the beginning because of a few reasons:

1. Artstyle. The artstyle is a bit different for the first few chapters before settling into an artstyle that more closely resembles what the anime did (it's still quite different, leaning more into chibi/moe a bit but nonetheless still very solid)

2. The anime adds a LOT of content... okay maybe not THAT much but still, reading the manga after watching the anime, oftentimes I feel like something's missing. More setup for a joke, expanding upon a previous joke, more context for what's happening and not to mention MUSIC

3. A few changes made in the anime just feels right. What I mean is that small changes like the order of events when Kita-chan submits Bocchi's festival performance application as well as the appearance of the student council president.
A few other examples would be the low camera angle for the start of the scene where Bocchi meets Nijika for the first time, adding to the atmosphere.
Bocchi and Kita-chan's first interaction being done a bit better and so on and so forth.

All in all, the anime adapted a total of about 21 "10-paged" 4-koma chapters so getting through them would be quite fast before reaching new content
Nov 20, 2023 6:15 AM

Feb 2014
Reply to josepiza24
@josepiza24 bro I'm struggling so hard to read this because of the format
Jan 23, 2:04 AM

Dec 2019
4-koma manga format sucks to read, and it made the manga so much worse as a result imo. The anime did feel a bit repetitive due to the 4-koma nature of the gags but it was still much, much easier to watch
Yesterday, 12:17 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to Dumb

How many chapters does the anime adapt?

Dumb said:
We’re probably not gonna get a season 2 of an anime for a while

And why not? Are there not enough chapters for a 12-episode season?
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Jun 2020
@aurora_yuuki It adapted 21 chapters out of 81 so far. They can easily make two more seasons of 12 episodes and the manga is progressing in the 4th season content now.

The problem was that the anime was not anticipated to be a success- so the animation studio and director have other projects they are working on now. Apparently due to a credible leak, Bocchi will come back in a year or two.
12 hours ago
Jan 2020
Reply to Dumb
@aurora_yuuki It adapted 21 chapters out of 81 so far. They can easily make two more seasons of 12 episodes and the manga is progressing in the 4th season content now.

The problem was that the anime was not anticipated to be a success- so the animation studio and director have other projects they are working on now. Apparently due to a credible leak, Bocchi will come back in a year or two.
@Dumb Alright, thanks for the info. Why would they make an anime if they don't expect it to be a success, though? Was it to promote the manga?
“𝖨𝖿 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝗐𝖾𝗋𝖾 𝗉𝗋𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖼𝗍𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾, 𝗂𝗍 π—π—ˆπ—Žπ—…π–½ π–Όπ–Ύπ–Ίπ—Œπ–Ύ π—π—ˆ 𝖻𝖾 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖻𝖾 π—π—‚π—π—π—ˆπ—Žπ— π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹.” – π–€π—…π–Ύπ–Ίπ—‡π—ˆπ—‹ π–±π—ˆπ—ˆπ—Œπ–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—
10 hours ago

Jun 2020
Reply to aurora_yuuki
@Dumb Alright, thanks for the info. Why would they make an anime if they don't expect it to be a success, though? Was it to promote the manga?
@aurora_yuuki like most other anime’s yep. But now Bocchi is still all over japan so there will definitely be a s2

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Chapter 81 Discussion

TheSelleri - Sep 29

1 by Dumb »»
Sep 30, 3:37 AM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Chapter 80 Discussion

mshfqtny - Aug 24

2 by _Us3f »»
Aug 25, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Chapter 79 Discussion

Dumb - Aug 5

0 by Dumb »»
Aug 5, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Chapter 78 Discussion

Dumb - Jun 23

0 by Dumb »»
Jun 23, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Bocchi the Rock! Chapter 77 Discussion

Dumb - May 20

2 by CQLLIST »»
Jun 4, 8:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.