Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 17, 2019 4:18 PM

Aug 2017
naekiyo said:
In episode 4, he just gave a hint for the girl he likes, which is Y. However, in the light novel when he was about to confess he got cut off, with the initial being "Yu" (pretty vague)

Do you guys think it's actually Yukino?
It's Yukino or her sister probably. Aren't they like family friends? Probably an early betrothal. Didn't Yukino have some early secret like that?
Jan 24, 2019 1:43 PM
Aug 2018
I am convinced it's Haruno
Feb 20, 2019 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
I'd say Haruno. As others have mentioned, Japanese names start with surname, so it's perfectly plausible for Hayama to claim "Yu" are Haruno's name's first letters.

My opinion is based on anime only, especially on the scene when Hayama tells Hachiman Haruno only teases those she's interested in; in that scene, Hayama seems almost envious. Not to mention he arrived to the meeting spot almost immediately after having been summoned by Haruno - he must have dropped whatever he had been doing (and he had been doing something for sure, given his club responsibilities and thriving social life) just to grant her her wish.
Now I might be wrong (I've taken quite a break since the 1st season + watched a bunch of other stuff so my memory might not be all that accurate), but up until that aforementioned scene, Hayama didn't seem to be much interested in Hachiman. Sure, he wasn't mean to him or anything, and he must had been somewhat grateful that Hachiman helped to solve his problem he presented to the club, BUT he only started to urge Hachiman to drop all his self-depreciating demeanour AFTER noticing Haruno's interest in Hachiman; also when he then organized the "double date" thing with Hachiman's ex-crush, he must have described the ways he was trying to convince Hachiman to go along with his plan quite vividly to Haruno - how else would have Haruno known about the bow, which was something Hayama would only rarely do? And since Haruno then came to witness the whole "double date" thing, it might be viewed as Hayama showing off, implying, "see how hard I'm trying to help your favourite?". Sure, it could also be attributed to a blossoming (pseudo)friendship between Hayama and Hachiman, but somehow, I find that difficult to believe, 'cause there are all these tiny hints, such as Hayama repeatedly saying about himself that he's not as nice a guy as Hachiman thinks him to be; or Hayama finally learning Hachiman's name not after receiving help from him, but only after he found out Haruno actually knows and (gasp!) pays attention to Hachiman; or, although this is a bit far-streched, Hayama helping out in the festival committe despite already having been assigned a role in the Little Prince play, and thus getting closer to Haruno, who's also participating in the committee's meetings.

What I've written is probably quite confused, but I really needed to get this off my chest.^^
Sep 28, 2020 2:46 PM
Sep 2020
Actually "Yu" leans more to Haruno, why? Bc of 2 reasons. 1st by saying "Yu" he tells the truth while also hiding it as he calls Yukinoshita Haruno her first name so no one would guess Haruno plus 8man says Hayama likes to use Yumiko as a cover
2nd If he says "H" Tobe's most likely gonna suspect Hina and he might hurt his feelings, Tobe is also really curious at the time so he most defienetly will persuade Hayama into telling her full name and Hayama doesn't want anyone prying into his life.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2015

442 by tik_taq »»
Jun 2, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2015

1003 by ViSpace »»
May 30, 12:11 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2015

557 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2015

480 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:50 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Zoku Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2015

544 by ViSpace »»
May 29, 6:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.