New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 22, 2015 2:01 PM

Jan 2015
xGelai said:
Bob-kun... >_<"

Looks rlly nice btw!!

Nono Gelai-san that was sensei before he left!
I've quit MAL email me at instead.

muyaobobwu@gmail.com
Apr 22, 2015 7:57 PM

Sep 2014
Well this might be a little long. Let me just put them in spoilers like other people..

Guitarist

Spring

Kanon Wakeshima (portrait)

Haruhi Suzumiya

Ryuko Matoi

Marilyn Monroe

Hanayo Koizumi

Elsa

Kaneki Ken (This one's my personal favorite :p)

Yuno Gasai

Repairing Torn Bonds

The end :D
Apr 24, 2015 7:15 AM

Jan 2015
The first few could really use some work on the shading. Try to actually shade(make the darker parts dark) and keep it consistent. It feels like you're trying to draw people's attention by making the focal points darker than everywhere else but it's having the opposite effect

They remind me a lot of how my hobby drawings were back in high school. The advice that my art teacher back then gave me was to try to avoid drawing based off 2D images and try drawing from life. This is difficult for things as anime characters but drawing from real life really helps with making art more lifelike

Also, a cool trick you can use is to hold your drawing to a mirror and see if it feels awkward in any way.

muyaobobwu@gmail.com
May 6, 2015 5:13 AM
Mar 2015
Hey all ^^/ I'm a beginner, no match for most people here:) Atm I'm trying to get into sketching, so I tried to do all these very fast and without erasing. It's hard for me to sketch, because in drawing im kind of a perfectionist.

And me trying to draw perfect circles シ

And finally some really fast drawn eyes I did in my lessons ;)

Ty for looking at my pictures, I would love if you could give me some good critic (don't hold back). I'm looking forward to be adviced シ
May 6, 2015 11:19 AM

Jan 2015
Your drawings are pretty terrible and amateur. But we all have to start somewhere.

If anything I commend you for having the guts of putting it online to be critiqued.
My Art is just a little bit more practiced and I still have barely posted anything.
It will also help if you'd actually complete a drawing from start to finish. Hard to critique based off of practice doodles.

Now, to start you say that you're trying to get into sketching; Yet all I see are attempts at anime/manga styles characters/ aspects. Most of the time the word "sketching" is used to refer to pencil attempts at creating an almost photorealistic portrait of some person, thing, or landscape-- not 2 dimensional characters/images.

Try drawing from and of life, it helps a lot.
Practice just lines/ cubes. It helps if you can find a clay cube to use as reference. a brick will do too.

now to the indiviqual drawings.
I think you've probably noticed by now that your pencil drawings are way too light. Try making it darker.
Kinda like how you did the 2 eyes in the far left of your last drawing. It's not about having dark lines as to creating a sharper contrast. Right now it's hard to even see your lines.

Your "perfect circles" are pretty pointless. Try starting with the lines and drawing bigger circles/cubes
Small circles isn't practice. Its more of a stress relief.

Actually, most people looking to better perfect their sketching skills started off with just lines. Hence we'd start with practicing just cubes for at least a few months. And then we'd get to do circles.

And in sketching, even then circles are comprised of lines. you first draw a quare, kinda/ then you draw lines to cut off the corners. repeat until you have a clean looking circle. lines are everything.

I dont know what you're trying to do with the pens. You aren't really using it for anything that'd require a pen. Stick to pencils for now.

"I tried to do them very fast without erasing"
why? if you have the time to make 20 crappy unfinished drawings, try actually working hard to make one good one.

muyaobobwu@gmail.com
May 6, 2015 12:36 PM
Mar 2015
@bobulated ty, thats actually so helpful! Ill do it exactly as you said. I have some "completed" drawings, but they are all fully copied from tutorials. I find it hard to start drawing something, so i thought it was good do my doodling, to learn to start. As I said, i will now draw objects that i see in life. Ty again, that was really really helpful. :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Introductions✪ ( 1 2 3 4 )

UglySlime - Feb 13, 2015

157 by RokuOEK »»
Jun 1, 2016 7:12 PM

Sticky: » Display Art✪ ( 1 2 3 4 )

UglySlime - Feb 13, 2015

152 by kuro_biker »»
May 23, 2016 4:42 PM

» EZDEATHS ART HERE check it out

ezlord - May 19, 2015

0 by ezlord »»
May 19, 2015 7:58 PM

» Colouring stuff and equipment!

Rayaxe - May 11, 2015

1 by Rayaxe »»
May 16, 2015 2:26 PM

» Art Challenge: Glass Container

Zurel - Apr 26, 2015

14 by Zurel »»
May 6, 2015 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.