Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 15, 2014 2:16 PM

Jul 2013
Caleb8980 said:
Fai said:

Sadly yes, which is disappointing and impossible to understand.
Watch them skip Volume 7 completely because lolnoKirito
Trainwreck confirmed.[jk]

Honestly I'd wait for confirmation. Yes The Phantom Bullet is Vol5 and 6 and yes its barely enough for around one cour, but that does not mean its 100% confirmed to stop there - last series also were treated as two separate arcs.

Yeah as you said they did the same thing for season 1 when we had no confirmation for anything until it actually started airing ;-)

Also if I remember right, there were 2 posters "spoiled" by the SAO twitter, some weeks after the announcement of SAO II:

One of those posters showed Kirito + Shino (it was this poster); the other one was this

I doubt they would include Yuuki in a poster if they haven't planned anything for her.

But that is obviously no confirmation, so I'll wait and see ^^

Hum, 1 cour would be disappointing indeed. So for now, it is Volume 5 and Volume 7. Isn't the Volume 8 - Mother's Rosario Arc with that Yuuki quite short compared to Gun Gale Online ? It would actually fit or maybe they planned a movie for this one ...

Nice poster.
Jun 15, 2014 3:22 PM
Mar 2012
VeryNicePerson said:
[spoiler]
Caleb8980 said:

Yeah as you said they did the same thing for season 1 when we had no confirmation for anything until it actually started airing ;-)

Also if I remember right, there were 2 posters "spoiled" by the SAO twitter, some weeks after the announcement of SAO II:

One of those posters showed Kirito + Shino (it was this poster); the other one was this

I doubt they would include Yuuki in a poster if they haven't planned anything for her.

But that is obviously no confirmation, so I'll wait and see ^^

Hum, 1 cour would be disappointing indeed. So for now, it is Volume 5 and Volume 7. Isn't the Volume 8 - Mother's Rosario Arc with that Yuuki quite short compared to Gun Gale Online ? It would actually fit or maybe they planned a movie for this one ...

Nice poster.
[/spoiler]

Just wanted to clarify that the poster is just only one part of the complete picture. Included is Tieze, Ronye, and Alice who will not appear until the Alicization arc, which I'm pretty sure the second season will not get to.

@VeryNicePerson
1 cour would be definitely ideal for season 2, Mother's Rosario NEEDS to be adapted into a movie. The only 2 cour I accept is having GGO for 12 episodes then another 12 episodes of everything A-1 Pictures skipped from the Aincrad and ALO arcs. Especially that one certain dungeon scene involving Excalibur that proves to be a major plot point later in the series. Unless A-1 decides to skip that part too.

Ghegi said:
Too bad Kayaba Akihiko died, By the way, whos the creator of Gun Gale Online in the series?

An American company called Zasker using Kayaba Akihiko's Seed that he gave to Kirito.
Jun 15, 2014 11:02 PM

Jul 2007
A movie would be way too short for MR. NO one in their right mind should want that.
Jun 16, 2014 1:23 AM
Mar 2012
MR is just only one volume long. In a typical run, it would equate to 6 episodes. Taking out all the recap and themes, it'd be 20 minutes per episode, equating to 2 hours in total for the movie, and it can definitely be longer if needed. The reason why I'm vying for a movie is because they are usually higher budgeted, thus higher quality. The audience wouldn't feel the complete and maximum effect of the story if it's split into episodes released weekly.

If I were to make a comparison, the Suzumiya Haruhi movie would be the best choice. It's nearly 3 hours long and adapts just one volume of the series and became a highly acclaimed film. MR has that potential, it just needs the right medium to do so.
Jun 16, 2014 2:06 AM
Feb 2014
alexpte said:
MR is just only one volume long. In a typical run, it would equate to 6 episodes. Taking out all the recap and themes, it'd be 20 minutes per episode, equating to 2 hours in total for the movie, and it can definitely be longer if needed. The reason why I'm vying for a movie is because they are usually higher budgeted, thus higher quality. The audience wouldn't feel the complete and maximum effect of the story if it's split into episodes released weekly.

If I were to make a comparison, the Suzumiya Haruhi movie would be the best choice. It's nearly 3 hours long and adapts just one volume of the series and became a highly acclaimed film. MR has that potential, it just needs the right medium to do so.

While I would really want MR to be a movie exactly how would you fill in a the second half of the season?

We have the Caliber SS, we have that one part that was cut from the second arc then "The Day After" is kk, as it is nice for what is still to come, but I just can't remember more that would fit in.

I mean they could put some more (original) SAO sidestories in there like "The First Day" and "The Day Before" but then the flow of the story would collapse :D And we already saw where this went in the first season.

While the Caliber SS is not THAT important to MR without it would also not be that nice imo^^
Jun 16, 2014 3:14 AM

Jul 2007
I can fully see them doing caliber(with flashbacks to their original finding as something that happened in-between-the-episodes of Fairy Dance) and MR as second half of season.

12-13 episodes for GGO
3-4 for caliber with flashbacks
6 for Rosario.

~22-23 episode season complete.

Hell I could see the certain real world cliffhanger scene being used as a flash-forward tease at the end of the season 2 too (the one with
- would work as perfect tease for eventual Season 3, which is pretty much a given at this point.
AhenshihaelJun 16, 2014 3:17 AM
Jun 16, 2014 4:40 AM

Jun 2014
Rei_Rei said:
...Why call it sword art online...with the addition of guns can you really call it that? xD

Annyways, I think they should of just dropped it...yet, I`ll still watch it. *sigh*

Kirito will use a sword in GGO.
Jun 16, 2014 4:42 AM

Jun 2014
Ghegi said:
Too bad Kayaba Akihiko died, By the way, whos the creator of Gun Gale Online in the series?

It is an american company that made GGO using the seed from Kayaba

They could include Caliber and MR and then make EE/OVAs of the side stories
ByonKunJun 16, 2014 4:48 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by ejleon »»
May 28, 4:39 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 27, 2014

611 by Bruh69XD »»
May 10, 8:58 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

546 by amf85 »»
Apr 30, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

432 by amf85 »»
Apr 29, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

286 by amf85 »»
Apr 28, 9:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.