Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 31, 2010 8:53 PM

Nov 2009
Ever heard of GADGET Trial. I like Mecha Musume's, making it an Anime would be interesting ^_^ and another would be Princess Waltz. since sex scenes was not prioritized much unlike other VN's. It also has action, interesting plot. 12 episodes is enough for those VN's to be animated
Jan 31, 2010 9:01 PM

Oct 2009
Urufuzu_rein said:
Ever17-the out of infinity
Jan 31, 2010 10:30 PM

Nov 2007
Spamming my love for Sharin no Kuniiiiiiii
Hands down best visual novel I have ever played

Not exactly sure Gadget trial is exactly adaptation material. From what I remember, it's more gameplay oriented than having much of a storyline at all. The Baldr series would probably be good candidate for mecha though, and Muv Luv has been highly praised in the past as well
Feb 2, 2010 4:43 AM

Nov 2009
Shinkenshi said:
Spamming my love for Sharin no Kuniiiiiiii
Hands down best visual novel I have ever played

Not exactly sure Gadget trial is exactly adaptation material. From what I remember, it's more gameplay oriented than having much of a storyline at all. The Baldr series would probably be good candidate for mecha though, and Muv Luv has been highly praised in the past as well

yup +1 Shinkenshi Baldr series is epic. since BALDR FORCE EXE Resolution was the first. hope that the other Baldr series gets adapted.
Jul 15, 2010 1:06 AM
Mar 2010
I'd most like to see a Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo or a Cross Channel adaptation, although these would both be really difficult to pull off, they have amazing potential though! I think that a Saya no Uta and Swan Song adaptation would also be great, but they would have to be heavily censored, unfortunately.
Jul 20, 2010 7:30 PM

Sep 2009
I think both saya no uta and swan song would make good anime but the censorship would probably destroy any hope for them. I do not think they would leave it intact by the end.

Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no shoujo or Cross Channel though would be amazing if they could pull it off. Mind you I think Sharin no Kuni would work a lot better.

I also think a remake of Tsukihime might be able to be decent...

I'm not sure if or how or why they would do this but another would be Sengoku Rance. Sure it's not exactly prime material but they could just make it a really ecchi anime or a hentai ova series.

I also think that Fortune Aterial (which is actually getting an anime...hopefully based off the game and not the fracking manga) could possibly be decent.

Baldr force sadly sucked in anime form but it wasn't a real adaptation.

Princess Waltz is probably a visual novel that they could easily do an anime adaptation for. Not sure if i would be good though. It could be easily done however.

I would love for them to continue the umineko no naku koro ni series. I did like it (the visual novel superb to the anime).

Family Project: As much as I have mixed feelings about this game (mainly because of bad translation and censorship issues) I believe that done right it could make a pretty good anime. It would be different at least.

As much as I would like to see an Ever 17 anime series I also do not believe that it would be possible. The only reason the game worked is because it was a game. To those who've played it you probably understand what I mean.

Here's one that I don't think has been mentioned. How about an Exodus Guilty anime. I'm not sure of peoples opinions on this series but I personally think it was a great little trilogy. It had problems here and there but so does all of these. If any of these problems for any series were worked out really anything could become a decent anime. They've picked some weird ones from the vast list though to adapt (and some good ones).
Jul 26, 2010 5:58 PM

Apr 2010
critical point - i would love to see another game like this it had like 20+ endings but i dont know how well they could adapt it to a anime but it would be sick
Down hill nights
Its better to have burned out than to have never really shined...
Jul 26, 2010 6:04 PM

Oct 2009
a saya no uta OVA would be nice
Aug 5, 2010 3:33 AM

Jun 2009
As good as Crescendo is, I don't think a anime adaptation would be a good idea. It couldn't work as a hentai since there is typically only one sex scene per route. Also, each individual story is to short for an anime series and I can see no way to realistically interweave the stories. Also, some of the themes such as rape and prostitution obviously wouldn't go over well on TV.

Family Project screams TV series to me, it could be really good if done right imo.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 7, 2010 9:38 PM

Sep 2007
Little Busters!, of course! o.o
Aug 8, 2010 4:16 AM

Sep 2009
Sadly, I can't believe in a miracle such as a well made Saya no Uta anime. Well, adaptations are almost always worse than the original, so I'd rather stick to the VNs whenever possible. However, there are some titles that I would like to watch:

Every part of Sono Hanabira - There's never enough Yuri ^^

Wanko to Kurasou - That could be a nice anime, removing the H-content will not hurt. On the contrary actually. I'd like to see Risa's route without the non-stop-sex part.

Also, Key seems to be quite lucky with the anime adaptations of their games so far. If they can keep the level of Kanon, I'd like to see Little Busters and Planetarian. Oh, and Rewrite too, I guess.
Aug 9, 2010 11:48 PM

Sep 2009
Completely agree with you Pabloc. It is a sad reality but saya no uta anime will probably never be.

As far as sono hanabira goes I could see it I suppose. Not sure who would pick it up.

Wanko to Kurasou was one of the few h-games where I thought the H-content was a little too much. It could be made into a relatively mediocre series and I do think it could have potential.

As far as key goes Planetarian has an ova and little busters might as well. Considering what I've heard of Rewrite though (and who is working on it) this could possibly be an amazing title. Hell anything by Key has thus far been decent.

I actually liked Shuffle the anime (surprisingly). I wouldn't mind seeing adaptations of the other few games in the series. Hell spin-offs or alternate/side anime for just about any of the big series would be interesting.

I would not mind seeing a few retries at a number of series. For example umineko no naku koro ni was pretty bad as an anime and I think it could have been done better. The same goes for tsukihime which again could be amazing if they give it its due.

Family Project is another game that I believe I may have mentioned before (or someone else) that screams anime. It could work if someone like VisualArts did it (not that they probably would).

Kira Kira might also make a decent anime. Has everything necessary and it could hit on the success of the recent music based anime.

To be honest though requesting series to be adapted (wishful thinking or not) requires a bit more though besides the "what do you want to see adapted". We should also try to think of which anime studio we would want to see adapt the series.

For example I think UFOtable could do a pretty good tsukihime remake. Madhouse might be able to do a Saya no Uta or Umineko remake anime. Just think what anime studios would work best with what studios? The studios can make a or break a good adaptation.

Hell I'd even like to see a completely game based koihime muso or demonbane remake. And they could be done by a number of studios. Who knows?

Just an idea.
Aug 31, 2010 10:59 PM

Aug 2010
the first VN that comes into my mind with this topic is definitely:

Sharin no kuni.

I really want to see it as an anime. The only problem would be
but aside from that, it's definitely possible. since it's mostly a linear storyline, i could see it happening without horrid organization for the routes.

True Remembrance!!! (with better visuals please)

oh perhaps. a real tsukihime anime.. ;]. (but i'm starting to doubt if there can be one.. )

maybe with Narcissu.. personally, i think it's too controversial.

lololololol. Saya no uta is freaking amazing but i can't see it becoming an anime. lol.

same with Ever-17... i mean yes, I understand that there's a great love surrounding this VN but I don't think it's practical to make it into an anime. (i mean the entire thing is based on a time loop. and there's the thing with Kid's identity) it will be another tsukihime anime if it happens. if they can pull it off, i'll be amazed.

Also, with regards to Key -- I think it's true that Key's adaptations have been successful -- but I think they are still lacking compared to the VNs. (especially the organization of arcs and explanations for certain parts for Clannad was terrible)

appleadayAug 31, 2010 11:08 PM
disclaimer: i don't own any of the graphics/pictures.
Sep 5, 2010 6:12 PM

Jul 2009
Brave soul( one of my firsts)
Flyable hearts- gotta love the romance :p
Princess Party- wana see the hilariousness animated :p

and etc too lazy to right now maybe later :p

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Where to get visual novels

rpgdiva - Feb 12, 2009

31 by Tulegen »»
Aug 29, 2021 2:28 PM

» What did you just finish playing? ( 1 2 )

Entropy - Jan 18, 2009

88 by Oneirophrenic »»
Jan 22, 2021 1:25 PM

» akane-iro ni somaru saka

en_____ - Nov 23, 2009

5 by Elnath1911 »»
Feb 8, 2016 8:41 PM

» Recommend a VN like Princess Evangile?

luniz123 - Aug 15, 2015

1 by luniz123 »»
Aug 15, 2015 10:13 PM

Sticky: » Visual Novels with Anime/Manga Adaptations

accela - May 16, 2008

27 by IommicDisciple »»
Dec 23, 2014 5:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.