Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 6, 2009 1:22 PM

Oct 2007
It seems that lots of reviewers have said that Aventura is extremely similar to Harry Potter and from what wikipedia said, About.com says the character designs are very similar and the main character is much like Naruto Uzumaki.

I have to agree with those, truthfully, though I really don't see much resemblance in it to Harry Potter, but then again I'm not too much of a fan of Harry Potter, so it's not likely I'd see resemblances to it for something I didn't like.
The characters designs, I agree, are similar. Especially in book 3, there's a page that shows a couple upperclassman that strongly resembled Lewin and Chris, just older. The one resembling Lewin even had the bandanna around his head. At one point, I also had trouble telling Chris and Soela apart...but that was when I first started reading and didn't know the characters well. (I also couldn't tell who was a girl and who was a guy too, since the girls and the guys, especially when comparing Chris and Soela, look very similar)
And after reading how Lewin was similar to Naruto, I guess there are a few things similar, like the trouble making and all. But I mean lots of characters are like that, as more and more mangas are made it's harder to find original character personalities.

Aside from all this, I do own all 3 of the released books and it's probably a favorite manga of mine right now (aside from D.Gray Man) as I've absolutely fallen in love with the characters. As Lewin seems to have gotten much more stronger emotionally in later books, he seems the very person that I myself wish I could be, much like how Chris feels about him.

So I'm also curious to those out there who are reading or own any of the books. What's kept you reading the series and what do you find interesting about it?
Zoki-chanMay 6, 2009 1:26 PM

May 21, 2009 3:05 AM

May 2009
Ah, it's been a long while since I read this series, as it's like 1 volume per year (I haven't bought volume 3 yet!).

I liked the art style, that is a bit unique for this type of manga (at least to me). Also, I remember enjoying the friendship between Lewin and... the others (over a year ago, sorry I forgot!).

I'm a sucker for manga with good friendship/bonding, makes me smile.

Nice to see another reader!
May 21, 2009 3:24 AM

Oct 2007
I think it's like 1 book ever 6 months or so, though I remember reading the release for book 3 was in January and then it was shoved back two days after my birthday (the 22nd) in February, so that really stunk for me >.>

And yeah, I really like the art style. Though the pages are kinda cramped and it's sometimes hard to tell what's going on, I can tell a lot easier now that I've read them a few times.

Haha, me too~

Same here, I thought I was one of the only people (aside from my siblings who read them because I buy them) who read the books.

And I actually bought the books on a whim cause I had some extra cash and I was trying to find a few mangas to buy and ran across the Aventura, I just read the back of the first book and decided to buy both 1 and 2 XD

May 21, 2009 5:27 PM

May 2009
The art style, to me, is beautiful...and the story seems very interesting
But for some reason the third volume wasn't great....i got confused about what they were saying (or maybe i just read to fast....) i don't want to sound like a complete noob but i was kinda disapointed
it's still really good though
Jun 21, 2009 1:58 AM

Jun 2007
Zoki-chan said:
I think it's like 1 book ever 6 months or so, though I remember reading the release for book 3 was in January and then it was shoved back two days after my birthday (the 22nd) in February, so that really stunk for me >.>

And yeah, I really like the art style. Though the pages are kinda cramped and it's sometimes hard to tell what's going on, I can tell a lot easier now that I've read them a few times.

Haha, me too~

Same here, I thought I was one of the only people (aside from my siblings who read them because I buy them) who read the books.

And I actually bought the books on a whim cause I had some extra cash and I was trying to find a few mangas to buy and ran across the Aventura, I just read the back of the first book and decided to buy both 1 and 2 XD

Think the same goes for me. About a year ago I was looking for new manga, saw this read the back and decided to try it out. I read the first book and there was just something that liked about it (it might be the previously mentioned bonding lol). So I got the 2nd book 2 days later (which during that time I read the 1st book again). Also I believe the 3rd book was originally going to be out in nov 08 but was delayed until feb, so that would be about 1 every year.
Aug 19, 2009 7:29 PM
Jun 2009
Honestly, I find Adventura to be much better than HP.
And I don't find Lewin that similiar to Naruto, b/c Lewin only reacts when he's teased, and he's really gentle and honest. Almost subdued in a way. Naruto loves to make trouble. Lewin would feel REALLY bad about making trouble for others.
I've only read book 1, but I really love this series.
:D
Now I'll just have to go buy 2 and 3!
XD
Jul 10, 2010 4:19 PM

Jan 2009
Well, for starters, this series is totally awesome!!

The designs, artwork, scenes and character vibe are made very well! The story connects really well too!! I CAN'T wait for volume 4!

I hope there's an anime coming from this manga!

PS. My most fave character so far is Professor Qualfer, or aka, Riv.
Oct 6, 2010 10:03 PM
May 2008
When I go to the book store I look for the most obscurest manga that nobody has herd of. I picked up this one and loved it.

When I read a manga I look at art and try to imagine how the artist drew it. The level of detail is great but it can be sometimes cluttered and hard to read.

It really transcends and takes you to a magical world. I get fuzzy feelings when I read it. I find in manga or any fictional story it should feel like it is real magical and a place you can go to by flowing a rabbit of imagination. ( In my head I all ways chase rabbits ._.)

I don't say it is like Harry Potter.. It has more of a sparklly shiny feel to it. :3

o: ARE THEY COMING OUT WITH MORE?
May 13, 2011 4:29 PM
Apr 2011
i really liked aventura, it isn't exactly unique and the plot is simple, but what i like most of it is that it isn't overdone and dramatic, it shows true personality, like when the first years were attacked by the animated skeletons, they weren't strong and brave, like most cliche mangas, they were scared and ran, and lewin, the main character, didn't defeat the enemy in a singal page.
the manga itself is hard to rate... it is one of my favorite mangas but i can't really tell why i love it so much.
as an artist, i also adore the Midorikawa's art style, the art in aventura is amazing.
May 9, 2020 7:27 PM
Oct 2018
I found Aventura years ago at the library and remember loving the flowy shoujo art style in a manga that seemed to be shounen. I've since bought vols 1-3 but i really wish I could read japanese so I could continue my reading.

I found the story very interesting, as a fan of Harry Potter, I didn't find too many similarities. Sure, there's a magic school and lack of parents but the teachers have different relationships with the students and Lewin is so full of... joie de vivre. Hoping to be able to read this series as a whole someday
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.