Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 22, 11:01 PM
Aug 2021
As the titles say pls tell the volume number...
Aug 22, 11:15 PM
Sep 2022
_just_why said:

it's adapting Volume 9
Aug 23, 1:19 AM
Aug 2021
fanfair said:
_just_why said:

it's adapting Volume 9

thanks for telling
Aug 23, 4:43 AM
Jun 2022
The anime is adapted from the manga
Aug 23, 5:08 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to iiDavion
iiDavion said:

The anime is adapting from both.
Aug 23, 6:10 AM
Dec 2023
Currently adapting volume 9 from LN and in Manga last episode adapted 109th chapter.
Ruthless_LordAug 23, 1:25 PM
Aug 23, 8:57 AM
Apr 2023
I think it might do a bit of 10 aswell. Not to sure though
Aug 23, 10:51 AM

Jun 2021
for those who read the LN, lets say they want to adapt all the material in it. How many seasons do we get?

So far from the manga, the current season is too close. We probably get next season after 2 years at the earliest.
Aug 23, 1:28 PM
Dec 2023
MapleSyrupIce said:
for those who read the LN, lets say they want to adapt all the material in it. How many seasons do we get?

So far from the manga, the current season is too close. We probably get next season after 2 years at the earliest.

From LN material it will go upto 7 seasons to complete the story.
Aug 23, 2:13 PM
Feb 2020
Reply to MapleSyrupIce

@MapleSyrupIce
The Original Web Novel version has been finished for a long time now
(But one should probably considered the Web Novel a beta version to the Light Novel
As while both follow the same story events, the Light Novel added more named characters and introduced characters earlier/differently than the Web Novel did)

And the Light Novel seems to be almost fully finished as well (which is the source of both the Anime & Manga)

Currently there are 21 Light Novel volumes currently out, and the author said that Volume 22 would be the final volume(but we will only know for sure if that is the last volume when Volume 22 is out :P)
(The official English translation is currently at Volume 19)

This season has covered Volumes 7, 8 & is now doing Volume 9
So if the 3 volumes per season is going to be the same for every season it would be around 7-8 seasons long in total
(But it probably in the end will have more seasons than that)

I do think Season 4 could indeed take a few years to be made for animators/production reasons, But at least it is not going to be a delay due to not enough story to tell.
Aug 24, 2:13 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Touma_Mikoto
@MapleSyrupIce
The Original Web Novel version has been finished for a long time now
(But one should probably considered the Web Novel a beta version to the Light Novel
As while both follow the same story events, the Light Novel added more named characters and introduced characters earlier/differently than the Web Novel did)

And the Light Novel seems to be almost fully finished as well (which is the source of both the Anime & Manga)

Currently there are 21 Light Novel volumes currently out, and the author said that Volume 22 would be the final volume(but we will only know for sure if that is the last volume when Volume 22 is out :P)
(The official English translation is currently at Volume 19)

This season has covered Volumes 7, 8 & is now doing Volume 9
So if the 3 volumes per season is going to be the same for every season it would be around 7-8 seasons long in total
(But it probably in the end will have more seasons than that)

I do think Season 4 could indeed take a few years to be made for animators/production reasons, But at least it is not going to be a delay due to not enough story to tell.
Touma_Mikoto said:

Different reasons, but delays will still predictably happen.

The manga producer is one of the (if not the) main party funding the anime, so anime won't overtake manga. Since they've caught up again, they need to build buffer up again. We might get another movie/ova in the meantime, like it happened between S2 and S3, but for the main story to move, 2-3 years, assuming another 24 ep season.
Aug 24, 12:49 PM
Mar 2022
iiDavion said:

doesn't matter the source of everything is still the LN
Aug 24, 12:50 PM
Jun 2022
Yaggamy said:
iiDavion said:

The anime is adapting from both.

oh I didn't know I thought it was only the manga cuz of what myanimelist says lol
Aug 25, 12:23 AM
Feb 2020
Reply to qq17
Touma_Mikoto said:

Different reasons, but delays will still predictably happen.

The manga producer is one of the (if not the) main party funding the anime, so anime won't overtake manga. Since they've caught up again, they need to build buffer up again. We might get another movie/ova in the meantime, like it happened between S2 and S3, but for the main story to move, 2-3 years, assuming another 24 ep season.
@qq17

Even if your statement is true that the manga producer is one of the main funders for the anime

I do not understand why the Manga producer being the main party funding the Anime matters with preventing the Anime from overtaking the Manga in adapting the Light Novel
It seems to be a weird leap in logic to me and it would require a source in which the Manga producer says that the Anime is not allowed to overtake the Manga

if you are just assuming it simply because the Manga producer is funding the Anime than that is quite a silly thing to do without evidence
Cause from what I know with Light Novel adaptations that also have an ongoing Manga, the Anime can surpass the manga in story arcs without issue

One a side note
With the Manga being a monthly release, Using your logic it would take quite a bit longer then 2-3 years for a new Anime season
Because the Anime would most likely have to wait for the Manga to cover 3 Light Novel Volumes (if we follow the pattern taken from season 1~3)
And seeing as the Manga is still at Volume 10 of the Light Novel that could take quite a while
Aug 28, 9:56 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to Touma_Mikoto
@qq17

Even if your statement is true that the manga producer is one of the main funders for the anime

I do not understand why the Manga producer being the main party funding the Anime matters with preventing the Anime from overtaking the Manga in adapting the Light Novel
It seems to be a weird leap in logic to me and it would require a source in which the Manga producer says that the Anime is not allowed to overtake the Manga

if you are just assuming it simply because the Manga producer is funding the Anime than that is quite a silly thing to do without evidence
Cause from what I know with Light Novel adaptations that also have an ongoing Manga, the Anime can surpass the manga in story arcs without issue

One a side note
With the Manga being a monthly release, Using your logic it would take quite a bit longer then 2-3 years for a new Anime season
Because the Anime would most likely have to wait for the Manga to cover 3 Light Novel Volumes (if we follow the pattern taken from season 1~3)
And seeing as the Manga is still at Volume 10 of the Light Novel that could take quite a while
@Touma_Mikoto

It's pretty much what happened between S1 and S2 and between S2 and S3, you can check release and publishing dates if you don't believe me.

And yes, it might be more than 2-3 years. It's a low ball estimation based on the previous cases.
4 hours ago
Feb 2020
Reply to qq17
@Touma_Mikoto

It's pretty much what happened between S1 and S2 and between S2 and S3, you can check release and publishing dates if you don't believe me.

And yes, it might be more than 2-3 years. It's a low ball estimation based on the previous cases.
@qq17
The ending of Season 1 (visiting the Spirit dungeon) was not yet drawn/released when the anime started airing (October 2, 2018)
but the chapters 51 & 52 (December 26, 2018 & January 26, 2019)were indeed released before the anime reached that part (March 5 & 12, 2019)
first Season covered manga volumes 1~11

Same thing happened with Season 2 (1st Cour January 12, 2021 ~ March 30 2021 & 2nd Cour July 6, 2021 ~ September 21, 2021)
with chapter 86 (July 26, 2021) and the anime adaptation of that chapter being released on (September 21, 2021)
Second Season covered manga volumes 12~19* (most of volume 19)(almost 2 years between Season 1 & 2)

While we do technically do not know where Season 3 ends. (it started on April 5, 2024)
We can be almost certain it ends at the end of Light novel Volume 9
so probably Chapter 118(May 24, 2024)(start of Volume 27) or else Chapter 117(April 25, 2024)(Volume 26) with chapter 118 starting season 4
Third Season most likely covers manga volumes 19~26/7 (2.5 years between Season 2 & 3)

So while it is indeed true that all the manga chapters had been released before the anime adaptation covers the same story parts
I would say it is cutting it quite close with each season starting before the final episodes of that season having been adapted into manga chapters

But even with all this data it does not really confirm that the Anime is not allowed to go beyond the Manga, It is merely speculation/an assumption on your part (not that that truly matters as a Season 4 of the anime will still most likely take 2~3 year at minimum :P)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30

71 by Elior21 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 2

118 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 5:02 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23

97 by Octokaizer »»
Yesterday, 4:19 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken 3rd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16

64 by KingBaller06 »»
Yesterday, 12:34 AM

» May contain spoilers watch at your risk....

Elbezo - Aug 27

5 by Elbezo »»
Aug 29, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.