Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 24, 2013 3:12 PM

Apr 2013
There will be never another Bebop or LoGH
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Oct 24, 2013 4:50 PM

Dec 2012
mbac said:
daedroth4 said:
If we're going with the MAL ratings as a standard I think there are typically 1-2 very well received shows that come out each year. It gets complicated if we are considering personal masterpieces though since the standard for what qualifies as a masterpiece varies. The two shows I've seen that I would consider masterpieces both came out this decade, so I think that makes me more optimistic about the future of anime than some of the other posters here.

implying MAL ratings are reliable
Yeah, I should clarify that I'm definitely not trying to say that MAL's ratings are reliable measures of quality. I wouldn't consider them to be much more than a metric of popular opinion.
Oct 25, 2013 11:41 AM

Sep 2011
Well, I give 1-2 10s a year but a masterpiece that will be remembered for years comes out for about ... 5years?
pew pew pew
Oct 25, 2013 11:42 AM

Oct 2011
Ventose said:
There will be never another Bebop or LoGH

SBR is best
Oct 25, 2013 12:00 PM

Nov 2012
well the last anime i watched i'd call a masterpiece is fate/zero s2 (2012) so..
i think there's like 1-2 masterpieces per year.. although i haven't watched enough anime so i haven't found most of them yet c:
silverwallsOct 25, 2013 12:06 PM
Oct 25, 2013 12:04 PM

Aug 2013
Very Very rarely. Even though I haven't rated them as 10s mine are End of Eva and 5cm per second. So looking at that 1 per decade if that.
Sup People and yes I am the physical manifestation of Shinji Ikari's Balls

And this what elite-sama says to incest
elite-sama said:
I'm against it because I don't have a sister. It's not fair.
Oct 25, 2013 3:42 PM

Oct 2010
I have a lot of 8s on my list.

Hellsing Ultimate and Serial Experiments Lain are the only titles I have given 10s. Hellsing Ultimate was just absolutely beautiful, and the ending was MUCH better than the original series.

The only flaw I find with Serial Experiments Lain is from a seventh quarter college student perspective. IPv6 probably won't run low until I am long dead and IPv4 is still eeking out thanks utilities like DHCP. Otherwise, it's not that confusing after rewatching it multiple times.

If I liked it, I dish out an 8. A 9 happens if I really liked the anime.

Welcome to the NHK is still a series I absolutely love and even rewatching it with the well-acted dub, it's excellent. A little miffed ending-wise, though. Yuru Yuri is the only "moe" anime I watched, and frankly, it was hilarious. However, I do not wish to explore the "moe" stuff any further

End of Evangelion is only a 9, because it's the only good ending we'll get for the original anime.
I do have a few low scores though.

Strike Witches, for example, did not develop the characters fully and had an "Ass Pull" at the end.

Death Note had a strong first half, but a mediocre second half.

CLANNAD was funny and a bit enjoyable, but I like playing the VN better. After Story, on the other hand, had a stupid ending. Call me cynical, but with thevroute they were going, a less fantasy-type ending would've been better.
Oct 25, 2013 4:06 PM

Apr 2011
What can I say? I wish I had as low standards as others have.
Oct 25, 2013 4:36 PM
Jul 2012
Nidstang said:
What can I say? I wish I had as low standards as others have.

Holy shit, I thought I had high standards but look at this guy! Giving 8s and 7s like food in Africa. I only try anime I know I will love. Hence the less than 40 entries list.

Drop Dead man wonderland. For your sake. Show has a good start but goes down the shitter after episode 7-9. The manga is better, they say. Watch Aoi Bungaku instead of that.
goh13Oct 25, 2013 5:03 PM
Oct 25, 2013 4:53 PM

Sep 2012
well that depends on the person a master piece is made every day you just have to find it.
I'm not saying I'm gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world..
Aug 2, 1:24 PM

Jan 2018
at least one per seasonal for me. as mentioned by other, source material should have higher value than say an average anime production quality.
Aug 2, 1:36 PM

Jul 2013
Good anime hardly ever comes out these days imo. Just stick to the old shows, mate.
Aug 2, 1:54 PM

Feb 2020
Very rarely nowadays. Even 9/10 anime are quite uncommon imo.
Aug 2, 1:59 PM

Jul 2013
Reply to Serafos
Very rarely nowadays. Even 9/10 anime are quite uncommon imo.
@Serafos what do you consider as a good anime btw?
8 hours ago

Jul 2010
Well, time flies. About 11 years since my last reply in this thread, and still my last 10 was FMA: Brotherhood. Haven't found another masterpiece. :(
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you believe in "problematic content" being a thing? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Aug 12

81 by gothcoded »»
2 minutes ago

» What are your funniest moments in Anime?

Sheol01 - Aug 13

40 by Toooooooooohru »»
4 minutes ago

» What the last time you cried for an anime?

Zakatsuki_ - Today

36 by Toooooooooohru »»
6 minutes ago

» Whats that one popular show that EVERYBODY likes but u absolutely hate...

DeAnimeBoi - Yesterday

29 by Sheol01 »»
7 minutes ago

» What do you prefer the English title or the Japanese title of an anime ?

internetguy214 - Today

32 by gothcoded »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.