Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 24, 5:12 PM
Aug 2023
Before seeing the last episode I believed that Jinshi was the brother of the current emperor.
But the show now makes you believe that Jinshi is the son of the current emperor.
Did I miss any details? Can anyone who has read the manga spoil who Jinshi's parents actually are? At this point I'm not even 100% sure his mother is Aduo anymore.
AlfilfieratoreFeb 24, 5:15 PM
Feb 24, 5:35 PM
Mar 2021
Manga hasn’t answered that yet, at least in the more popular one (because ofc there are 2 manga adaptations). Maybe the light novel has answered that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 24, 5:35 PM
Feb 2023
I have been racking my brain about it and also checked the manga. So the child who died was the previous emperors successor. Jinshi is the child of Ah-duo and the current emperor. But since they got switched after they were born now it looks like the current emperor has no son and has only have his half brother(dead one but swapped with Jinshi) as successor. This is what I understood.
Emi1ayFeb 24, 5:54 PM
Feb 24, 5:43 PM
Aug 2011
I think his actual father is the previous emperor so he's techincally the younger brother of the current emperor. the previous consort is his mother
Feb 24, 5:52 PM

Jul 2016
I think this comment from today's episode forum summarizes well the question https://myanimelist.net/forum/?goto=post&topicid=2147404&id=70624731
Feb 24, 5:54 PM

Dec 2007
so officially Jinshi's the emperor brother, and was raised as such. but it's implied multiple times that the emperor's brother and son were switched soon after being born, so it'd make him actually the emperor's son. either way it seems the whole issue here seems to be that Jinshi does not want to be the royal successor, and the only way to avoid it is for the emperor to actually have a son from the concubines. therefore he tends to the inner palace in order to ensure a royal successor.
Feb 24, 6:14 PM
Apr 2021
he is the brother of the current emperor, the son of the previous emperor with Ah duo

(I cant believe i forgot to attach this picture and now everyone thinks im just crazy)
Alex_the_reaperFeb 25, 4:20 AM
Feb 24, 6:30 PM

Oct 2017
Reply to Alex_the_reaper
he is the brother of the current emperor, the son of the previous emperor with Ah duo

(I cant believe i forgot to attach this picture and now everyone thinks im just crazy)
Alex_the_reaper said:

@Alex_the_reaper Heck no lmao. Ah Duo is current emperor's concubine/lover from a young age. You don't even need to read manga/LN to not get it this wrong.
MegamiRemFeb 24, 6:36 PM
Feb 24, 7:17 PM

Nov 2021
They've complicated this quite a lot imo or I'm just dumb one way or another
Feb 24, 9:53 PM
Jun 2021
I don't understand how y'all can be this dumb but when Ah-Duo was leaving, Maomao saw her and Jinshi together and was thinking to herself *these two could pass off as twins, they literally look the same* and then she's baffled and thinks about stuff for a while. Then she comes to the realisation that Jinshi was swapped at birth with the Emperor's brother and that's why he was raised as the brother. I'm an anime only so I have no idea what he is right now. Is he being treated like the Emperor's kid or his brother - this is the real question.

Bottom line is, Jinshi is the current emperor and Ah-Duo's son. Maomao's doctor dad swapped him with the emperor's real brother at birth. The brother was being raised as Ah-Duo's son. But the honey incident happened and the baby died.
Cyanide86Feb 24, 10:00 PM
Feb 24, 9:55 PM
Jun 2021
Alex_the_reaper said:

he's the current emperor and Ah-Duo's kid. He was swapped at birth by Maomao's adoptive dad. tf you been smoking?
Feb 24, 11:57 PM
Jun 2021
What did she get out of it though? Didn't she like, grape the previous emperor because he was a pedo? And if I remember correctly, Maomao in the anime had a monologue where she was thinking that Ah Duo was the one who swapped the babies because that way Ah Duo's baby would be safer.
Feb 25, 1:54 AM
Jun 2020
Alfilfieratore said:
Before seeing the last episode I believed that Jinshi was the brother of the current emperor.
But the show now makes you believe that Jinshi is the son of the current emperor.
Did I miss any details? Can anyone who has read the manga spoil who Jinshi's parents actually are? At this point I'm not even 100% sure his mother is Aduo anymore.

i read all the LN, so this is the actual answer : He is Emperor and ah Duo's son, but ah duo switched him with emperor's brother and empress dwagger was also aware and agreed to this since she loved her grandson more than the son she gave birth to. Jinshi was raised as current emperor's brother but emperor knows he is his child
Feb 25, 2:16 AM
Jun 2021
antonn said:
@Cyanide86 I missremembered and thought it was only the Empress dowager.

It was suggested by Ah-Duo half jokingly, because she noticed that the Empress didn't care for the child she gave birth to due to the whole clusterfuck of issues that was the previous Emperor. The Empress seriously took her up on her offer and didn't say anything when Ah-Duo left with the wrong child - nor did Ah-Duo who was well aware of what she was doing.
Then the incident where Ah-Duo's child died to accidental poisoning and Maomao's adoptive father got canned.

yess that's exactly what u wad talking about
Feb 25, 2:33 AM

Feb 2021
Reply to Evelyn7495
Alfilfieratore said:

i read all the LN, so this is the actual answer : He is Emperor and ah Duo's son, but ah duo switched him with emperor's brother and empress dwagger was also aware and agreed to this since she loved her grandson more than the son she gave birth to. Jinshi was raised as current emperor's brother but emperor knows he is his child
@Evelyn7495, thanks for the answer!
Feb 25, 2:36 AM
Jun 2020
Memore said:
@Evelyn7495, thanks for the answer!

☆°you're welcome !°☆
Feb 25, 4:24 AM
Apr 2021
MegamiRem said:
Alex_the_reaper said:

@Alex_the_reaper Heck no lmao. Ah Duo is current emperor's concubine/lover from a young age. You don't even need to read manga/LN to not get it this wrong.

[ I forgot to attach this 😭😭😭 ]
Feb 25, 4:39 AM
Feb 2024
I belive Jinshi's real father is emperor
Feb 25, 11:03 AM

Jan 2009
Novel readers pretty much already know, so i'll spoil it.
Feb 25, 3:50 PM

Apr 2016
Alfilfieratore said:

Jinshi is the son of the previous Emperor and -
Ah-Duo and the brother of the current. And ep. 20 revealed that Jinshi isn’t an eunuch.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

260 by capyvaraw »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

204 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9

99 by capyvaraw »»
Yesterday, 12:23 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2

96 by capyvaraw »»
May 22, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24

114 by capyvaraw »»
May 22, 8:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.