Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 16, 9:15 AM
Nov 2020
Source
This means that the pacing will probably be good!
Feb 16, 9:29 AM
Jun 2021
neromxxn said:
Source

I mean 2 hours to cover roughly 50 chapters 20 pages a piece isn’t what I would call ‘good’ pacing.
Feb 16, 11:31 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to SparCy
neromxxn said:
Source

I mean 2 hours to cover roughly 50 chapters 20 pages a piece isn’t what I would call ‘good’ pacing.
@SparCy the early chapters are very fast paced and are mostly slice of life. It’s pretty easy to adapt them within that 2 hour timeframe. Plus I’m thinking the second movie could be longer
Feb 16, 2:10 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
I just wanna know if it’s gonna be locked to theaters in Japan, or if any streaming services overseas will pick it up. Even better if they plan for a worldwide theater release, but I kinda doubt that happening. Guess we’ll have to wait more to find out
Feb 16, 2:22 PM

Aug 2018
That is pretty good if there are going to be 2 movies total
Feb 16, 3:19 PM
Sep 2020
If the second movie is a little longer, we could get a runtime close to a 11 episode anime (4 hours and 24 minutes) Pluto had a runtime of 20 episodes (8 hours) while being a manga with just 65 chapters, while DeDeDe has more than 100, so i honestly don't know how to feel about that
Feb 16, 4:09 PM

Nov 2020
It’s been almost two years since our read the manga but I think they are def gonna cut some stuff out if they are going with movies instead of seasons. Regardless of multiple movies
Feb 16, 4:33 PM
Jun 2021
I guess I need to start reading this sooner than later
Feb 16, 4:47 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to WraFh
If the second movie is a little longer, we could get a runtime close to a 11 episode anime (4 hours and 24 minutes) Pluto had a runtime of 20 episodes (8 hours) while being a manga with just 65 chapters, while DeDeDe has more than 100, so i honestly don't know how to feel about that
To be fair Pluto chapters are more information filled but yeah the pacing is still a bit worrying. @WraFh
Feb 17, 5:33 AM
Nov 2019
Nah the pacing was doomed from the start when they decided to do movies. 12 volumes of manga in 2 movies that’s presumably gonna be 4 hours long at the very least is not nearly enough to balance it out with good pacing. They probably gonna cut a shit ton of stuff or blitz through a lot of chapters.
Feb 17, 12:59 PM
Jan 2021
thischeetobussin said:
Nah the pacing was doomed from the start when they decided to do movies. 12 volumes of manga in 2 movies that’s presumably gonna be 4 hours long at the very least is not nearly enough to balance it out with good pacing. They probably gonna cut a shit ton of stuff or blitz through a lot of chapters.

I think you are overreacting, a lot of things can be translated into the anime faster without feeling rush.
Feb 17, 1:00 PM
Nov 2019
nicoxas said:
thischeetobussin said:

I think you are overreacting, a lot of things can be translated into the anime faster without feeling rush.

I think I was exaggerating a little but I still don’t see how they could do it. I hope I’m wrong or at least they don’t adapt everything in the manga yet.
Feb 18, 3:26 AM

Nov 2018
the script writer is the same as a silent voice btw
Feb 20, 4:58 PM

Jun 2016
Reply to neromxxn
@SparCy the early chapters are very fast paced and are mostly slice of life. It’s pretty easy to adapt them within that 2 hour timeframe. Plus I’m thinking the second movie could be longer
I think this is missing the point. The main meat of the manga is the slice of life, the satirical commentary that comes from witnessing everyday life as the world is seemingly going to end. All of Inio Asano's stories are SoL and character focused. Skimming over the SoL portions just does the whole story a disservice.

ค๓ เ ʝยรƚ
ƚ๏๏ ƈยƚє
Ŧ๏г ץ๏ย?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction Episode 2 Discussion

deguy - May 27

0 by deguy »»
May 27, 8:40 AM

» Dead Dead Demons Deeded Destruction Movie 2 Discussion

neromxxn - May 24

3 by deguy »»
May 27, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction Episode 1 Discussion

tenmeis - Mar 22

7 by HansDevX »»
May 25, 3:13 PM

» 18 episode series announced

Runasius - May 20

14 by GeoXsf9 »»
May 24, 12:53 PM

» Episode 0

nicoxas - May 23

1 by kuromaru_ »»
May 24, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.