Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Should they make a new season of the Japanese anime ColourCloud Palace or remake the entire anime ?

New
Should they make a new season of the Japanese anime ColourCloud Palace or remake the entire anime ?
Jan 9, 5:01 AM
Apr 2020
KingSunWukongJan 11, 7:04 AM
May 26, 5:40 PM

Aug 2022
I'm torn between this.

On the one hand, I can see the appeal of a remake. I would love for a Sauinkoku remake that has the production values of The Apothecary Diaries. Also, it seems like casual anime viewers nowadays tend to gravitate more towards remakes instead of actively searching old shows that aren't "classics". The way I see it, a Sauinkoku remake is more likely to garner attention online when compared to a third season.

But, on the other hand... with how unpredictable anime production committees are with their decision making, it is no guarantee that a Sauinkoku remake would be able to adapt all of the light novels. And that we might end up in a similar situation as the original anime series, except in 1080p resolution.

If it's a new season, Sauinkoku fans might easier as it would be likely that a continuation would imply that it would be adapting the story's ultimate conclusion, as it was written in the light novels.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion

SomaHeir - Aug 9, 2014

2 by Turn_A_Blum »»
May 3, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

starrysky - Mar 4, 2008

4 by Turn_A_Blum »»
May 2, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Did watching Colourcloud Palace made you want to study for a master's degree in public administration to prepare you to become an official ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 24

0 by KingSunWukong »»
Jan 24, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion

Crystal - Dec 16, 2007

7 by Verasucha1980 »»
Aug 27, 2022 8:20 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd Season Episode 35 Discussion

starrysky - Feb 5, 2009

3 by Engiem »»
Jun 19, 2021 10:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.