Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2023 4:10 AM
Mar 2022
1. Wholecake Island
2. Egghead (can change depending on how it ends)
3. Zou
4. Dressrosa
5. Punk Hazard
6. Wano
7. Reverie
8. Fishman Island

How you rank them?
Oct 7, 2023 4:15 AM
May 2023
1. Wholecake Island- the perfect one piece arc.
2. Zou
3. Egghead
4. Reverie
5. Dressrosa
6. Wano
7. Fishman Island
8. Punk Hazard- just so bored almost the whole time.
Oct 7, 2023 4:23 AM
Sep 2022
1:wano
2:wholecake island
3:dressrosa
4:zou
5:fishman island
6:punk hazard
note i dont hate any of the arcs
all of them are great
Oct 7, 2023 4:23 AM
Dec 2020
1. Wano
2. Dresserosa
3. Whole Cake
4. Egghead
5. Punk Hazard
6. Reverie
7. Zou
8. Return to Sabaody
9. Fishman (Second worst arc in the series)
Oct 7, 2023 4:26 AM
Dec 2022
what hole cake island
Oct 7, 2023 4:57 AM

May 2017
Wholecake
Wano
Fishman Island
Reverie
Zou
Return to Sabaody
Dressrosa
Punk Hazard
Oct 7, 2023 6:25 AM
Jun 2022
1. wano
2. Dressrosa
3. wholecake island
4. zou
5. fishman island
6. reverie
Oct 7, 2023 6:44 AM
Dec 2016
Haven't read Egghead yet.
The remaining I'd rank as:
1. Wano
2. Fishman Island
3. Zou
4. Wholecake Island
5. Dressrosa
6. Reverie
7. Punk Hazard
8. Return to Sabaody

Whoever hates Fishman Island, probably do so because it felt lacking to them in the action or "HYYYYPE!" department - especially with how mid the villain Hordy was at fighting (in fact, not getting to see enough of how much each Strawhat had improved post-timeskip, the arc having the unenviable task of following up Marineford, the pacing getting worse in the anime, etc didn't help either).

BUT, this arc also explored racism, the cycle of hate, generational trauma etc to such depths (especially with regards to Fisher Tiger, Arlong, Hordy & the late mermaid queen; the stuff with the blood transfusion & Hordy's "reason" for hating humans shock me to this day), that I never expected a mainstream shonen manga to do so at the time. Who knows, maybe it's for this same reason that certain groups ("argh, no politics in my media!") hate this arc as well.
Arjun_ManojOct 7, 2023 7:48 AM
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM
Mar 2022
Arjun_Manoj said:
1. Wano
2. Fishman Island
3. Zou
4. Wholecake Island
5. Dressrosa
6. Reverie
7. Punk Hazard
8. Return to Sabaody

Whoever hates Fishman Island, probably do so because it felt lacking to them in the action or "HYYYYPE!" department - especially with how mid the villain Hordy was at fighting (in fact, not getting to see enough of how much each Strawhat had improved post-timeskip, the arc having the unenviable task of following up Marineford, the pacing getting worse in the anime, etc didn't help either).

BUT, this arc also explored racism, the cycle of hate, generational trauma etc to such depths (especially with regards to Fisher Tiger, Arlong, Hordy & the late mermaid queen; the stuff with the blood transfusion & Hordy's "reason" for hating humans shock me to this day), that I never expected a mainstream shonen manga to do so at the time. Who knows, maybe it's for this same reason that certain groups ("argh, no racial politics in my media!") hate this arc as well.

I think fishman island is fantastic, I just can't put it above any other arc simply because I feel every other adds more depth to the story and I personally enjoyed then as a whole more.

before the events of egghead I would of put reverie at the bottom but I can't now.
Oct 7, 2023 7:49 AM

Jul 2011
1. Zou
2. Wholecake
3. Reverie
4. Fishman Island
5. Wano
6. Egghead
7. Punk Hazard
8. Dressrosa

Note: I only hate Dressrosa (it’s my least favorite arc).
Oct 7, 2023 8:02 AM
Dec 2016
Deanomac2010 said:
Arjun_Manoj said:
1. Wano
2. Fishman Island
3. Zou
4. Wholecake Island
5. Dressrosa
6. Reverie
7. Punk Hazard
8. Return to Sabaody

BUT, this arc also explored racism, the cycle of hate, generational trauma etc to such depths (especially with regards to Fisher Tiger, Arlong, Hordy & the late mermaid queen; the stuff with the blood transfusion & Hordy's "reason" for hating humans shock me to this day), that I never expected a mainstream shonen manga to do so at the time. Who knows, maybe it's for this same reason that certain groups ("argh, no racial politics in my media!") hate this arc as well.

I think fishman island is fantastic, I just can't put it above any other arc simply because I feel every other adds more depth to the story and I personally enjoyed then as a whole more.

before the events of egghead I would of put reverie at the bottom but I can't now.

You probably just don't remember what all 'depth' Fishman Island added to One Piece, perhaps because it's been too long since you last watched it: it was the first time we saw an ACTUAL Ancient Weapon, first instance of Luffy being a chosen one character (being able to hear the Sea King's voices), the prophecy regarding him destroying Fishman Island someday, FIRST REFERENCE TO JOY BOY in one of their Poneglyphs etc

Honestly, if Egghead retroactively elevated Reverie with its too few chapters/episodes, then think of HOW MUCH Wano revisiting the above plot points should elevate Fishman Island for its foreshadowing MORE THAN A DECADE ago?

I get that this is all subjective, each individual's valid personal opinion etc - I'm just reminding everyone the sheer amount of great stuff that this arc contained, and expressing my own suspicion that most ppl are just parroting the general consensus from the time of its release, when in reality, it's MORE than overdue the kind of re-evaluation that Skypiea later received - especially post-Wano.

Plus, I think a large part of the fandom (the OGs in particular) would have matured enough by now to appreciate Oda's impressive handling of complex politics here - perhaps enough so to even overcome their initial disdain for the relatively mid action/main villain fights. Just my 2 beli.
Oct 7, 2023 9:13 AM

Aug 2019
Are people being facetious about WCI? A couple years ago it was among the most unpopular arcs due to its horrible pacing, in particular Luffy vs Katakuri lasting like 20 episodes while half of those episodes' runtime featured the repetitive plot line of Nami, Chopper, Jinbe and Brook fleeing ships. But now suddenly people like it?

Ranking the arcs in the anime so far based on their storytelling and ignoring Toei's many flaws, I'd say:

1. Zou
2. Reverie
3. Fishman Island
4. Dressrosa
5. Wano
6. WCI
7. Punk Hazard

I'm not ranking Egghead because this is the anime section and that arc has yet to be adapted.
Early_MorningOct 7, 2023 9:20 AM
Oct 7, 2023 9:47 AM
Sep 2021
cat-burglar said:
1. Zou
2. Wholecake
3. Reverie
4. Fishman Island
5. Wano
6. Egghead
7. Punk Hazard
8. Dressrosa

Anime only perhaps?... xD
Oct 7, 2023 10:10 AM
Sep 2021
Early_Morning said:
Are people being facetious about WCI? A couple years ago it was among the most unpopular arcs due to its horrible pacing, in particular Luffy vs Katakuri lasting like 20 episodes while half of those episodes' runtime featured the repetitive plot line of Nami, Chopper, Jinbe and Brook fleeing ships. But now suddenly people like it?

Ranking the arcs in the anime so far based on their storytelling and ignoring Toei's many flaws, I'd say:

1. Zou
2. Reverie
3. Fishman Island
4. Dressrosa
5. Wano
6. WCI
7. Punk Hazard

I'm not ranking Egghead because this is the anime section and that arc has yet to be adapted.

Whole Cake Island was always a fantastic arc.
It's a 10/10 for me since it was still ongoing. 🤷‍♀️

Also, as far as I know, the majority of people/fans liked/loved ((maybe besides Big Mom's constant "Wedding Cake" (lol) and maybe partly besides how long Luffy vs. Katakuri dragged on)) Whole Cake Island. For atleast a lot of people/fans, Whole Cake Island is the best arc in One Piece until now. (respectively, (also) if they don't rate Egghead yet because the arc isn't over yet)
Oct 7, 2023 11:27 AM
Dec 2016
Loaf_dontcare said:
Early_Morning said:

1. Zou
2. Reverie
3. Fishman Island
4. Dressrosa
5. Wano
6. WCI
7. Punk Hazard

Also, as far as I know, the majority of people/fans liked/loved ((maybe besides Big Mom's constant "Wedding Cake" (lol) and maybe partly besides how long Luffy vs. Katakuri dragged on)) Whole Cake Island. For atleast a lot of people/fans, Whole Cake Island is the best arc in One Piece until now. (respectively, (also) if they don't rate Egghead yet because the arc isn't over yet)

Bruh, who are these people who think WCI is the best arc in ALL of One Piece? 🤣 Maybe best post-timeskip to some - especially in the manga (or if they're watching the One PACE version).

But better than Marineford, Water Seven, Enies Lobby or Sabaody? Gtfo here!
Oct 7, 2023 12:43 PM
Sep 2021
Arjun_Manoj said:
Loaf_dontcare said:

Bruh, who are these people who think WCI is the best arc in ALL of One Piece? 🤣 Maybe best post-timeskip to some - especially in the manga (or if they're watching the One PACE version).

But better than Marineford, Water Seven, Enies Lobby or Sabaody? Gtfo here!

You don't have to be so rude..

I said what I said. 🤷‍♀️
Loaf_dontcareOct 7, 2023 12:51 PM
Oct 7, 2023 5:12 PM
Jun 2023
My rankings for post timeskip would be
1. Dressrosa
2. Egghead
3. Whole Cake Island
4. Wano
5. Zou
6. Reverie
7. Punk Hazard
8. Fishman Island
Oct 7, 2023 5:37 PM

Jul 2011
Reply to Loaf_dontcare
cat-burglar said:
1. Zou
2. Wholecake
3. Reverie
4. Fishman Island
5. Wano
6. Egghead
7. Punk Hazard
8. Dressrosa

Anime only perhaps?... xD
?? no lol. I'm not even caught up with the anime. I read the manga weekly.
Oct 7, 2023 8:23 PM
Nov 2020
1. dresseosa
2. punk hazard
3. wano
4. zou
5. wholecake island
6. fishman island
Oct 7, 2023 11:19 PM
Jul 2022
Dressrosa, Wano, Whole Cake Island, Punk Hazard, Fishman Island, Zou, Reverie. In that order.
Oct 8, 2023 6:55 AM
Dec 2019
1. Wano (best one piece arc ever)
2. Whole cake
3. Dressrosa
4. Return to sabaody
5. Reverie
6. Zou
7. Punk hazard
8. Fishman
Oct 8, 2023 8:04 AM
Jan 2021
From worst to best
- return to sabody
- punk hazard
- fish man island
- whole cake
- dressrosa
- zou
- wano
Oct 8, 2023 10:34 AM
Dec 2020
1.Wano
2.Dressrosa
3.Whole Cake Island
4.Zou
5.Punk Hazard
6.Fishman Island
Oct 8, 2023 11:51 AM

Jul 2020
Whole cake island
Wano
Return to sabaody
Zou
Dressrosa
Fishman island
Punk hazard
Reverie

(I’ve only watched the anime)
Oct 9, 2023 4:52 AM
Aug 2023
WCI
Wano
Dressrosa
Zou
Fishman Island
Punk Hazard
Reverie
Oct 10, 2023 2:07 AM
Aug 2021
cake>egghead>wano>dressarosa>zou>punk hazard>reverie(like most of it played out in egghead)>fishman(i was so hyped when it was about to come but the expectations didn't meet)>return to sabaody
Oct 10, 2023 3:31 AM
Nov 2019
1. WholeCake
2. Wano
3. Dressrossa
4. Zou
5. Reverie
6. Fishman Island
7.Return to Sabody
8.Punk Hazard
Oct 11, 2023 10:19 AM
Aug 2017
Almost exactly like you but i'd put Reverie over Wano
Oct 12, 2023 4:19 AM
Sep 2021
I'll never understand why people like whole cake so much. This arc completely ruins Sanji as a character and makes him absolutely irredeemably insufferable. so much so that I wish he would be kicked from the crew. We already had this exact arc with Ennies Lobby so repeating a second time is just dumb. Not to mention how mind-boggling Sanjis cuck ass reasoning is. yeah the Katakuri fight and Katakuri as a character are amazing but they can't make up for just how irritating the main purpose of the arc was

Oct 13, 2023 5:06 AM

Nov 2019
1) Dressrosa
2) Reverie
3) Punk Hazzard
4) Return to Sabaody
5) WCI
6) Wano
7) Zou
8) Fishman Island
Imagine normies saying: "Peaky Blinders is mid and overhyped. Just another typical crime drama show. Breaking Bad is much better lol.".
Oct 14, 2023 7:28 AM
Feb 2021
1. Whole CakeFishman
2. Dressrosa
3. Wano
4. Zou
5. Fishman
6. Punk Hazard
Oct 15, 2023 11:59 PM
Nov 2013
Wholecake Island
Wano
Return to Sabaody
Dressrosa
Fishman Island
Zou
Reverie
Punk Hazard

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 32 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Alicia3000 - Oct 10, 2009

56 by TheStarscream759 »»
10 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 445 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Apr 3, 2010

99 by bakakisima »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 444 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Mar 27, 2010

90 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 443 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Mar 20, 2010

92 by bakakisima »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 442 Discussion ( 1 2 )

JusticeGundam - Mar 13, 2010

85 by bakakisima »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.