Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2023 10:31 AM
Aug 2020
Brace yourselves guys because live action one piece will gonna be great, i mean the production started 6 years, plus oda is the executive producer so. Yeah! 
Apr 20, 2023 10:40 AM
Aug 2021
You should keep low expectations for live action adaptations, knowing netflix anything can happen

But in general live wction adaptations are not well received and has a lot of backlash
Apr 20, 2023 10:45 AM
May 2022
Live action Luffy is wearing shoes instead of his clsssic sandals. It’s not going to be great
Apr 20, 2023 10:55 AM
Trash

Jul 2015
Apparently test screenings a lot of people were in shock with how bad it was.
Apr 20, 2023 10:56 AM
May 2022
rational_psycho said:
Live action Luffy is wearing shoes instead of his clsssic sandals. It’s not going to be great

doing stunts in sandals isn't very safe, I hope this is a joke
Apr 20, 2023 11:02 AM
May 2022
Billy8475 said:
rational_psycho said:

Taking away Luffy’s sandals is like taking away Sanji’s cigar or Zoro’s scar on his eye. That’s just something u can’t change. Besides, the test screening for it was reportedly terrible where they just completely changed the story. I have no idea why anyone thinks the live action will be even remotely good. No live action for an anime has ever been good
Apr 20, 2023 11:47 AM
May 2022
for everyone talking about the test screening it was "entirely untrue", words from a collaborater and consultant who works with oda

https://twitter.com/ochimusha108/status/1647839126136442880?s=20
Apr 20, 2023 12:10 PM
Oct 2022
rational_psycho said:
Billy8475 said:

Taking away Luffy’s sandals is like taking away Sanji’s cigar or Zoro’s scar on his eye. That’s just something u can’t change. Besides, the test screening for it was reportedly terrible where they just completely changed the story. I have no idea why anyone thinks the live action will be even remotely good. No live action for an anime has ever been good

This is correctly put.
Apr 20, 2023 12:12 PM
Aug 2022
Seiidou said:

It was confirmed to be a fake article, they said that they would rewrite the scripts despite the fact that everything was already filmed.
Apr 20, 2023 12:48 PM
Aug 2021
Billy8475 said:
rational_psycho said:

bro sandals are not a problem in stunting like, they do stunts in heels and you think sandals are a problem?
Apr 20, 2023 1:02 PM
Feb 2019
rational_psycho said:
Billy8475 said:

JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable movie is waving at you
Apr 20, 2023 1:04 PM
May 2022
ZeemoXD said:
rational_psycho said:

JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable movie is waving at you

I haven’t seen Jojo’s so I’m unfamiliar with that reference
Apr 20, 2023 1:07 PM
Nov 2022
I hope they don't remove small things which gives us a hell of laughter like: Usopp's laugh,luffy's imitations, Sanji's and zoro making lame nicknames for each other.etc
hope it turns all good.
Apr 20, 2023 1:13 PM
Oct 2022
Low expectations, high hopes. I think it could be good but not great. Live action gum fruit is just going to look stupid lmao
Apr 20, 2023 1:15 PM
Oct 2022
kaitoXan said:
Billy8475 said:

bro sandals are not a problem in stunting like, they do stunts in heels and you think sandals are a problem?

Lmao half of the stunts will be CG anyways so it’s not even a valid reason
Apr 20, 2023 3:19 PM
Trash

Jul 2015
DegenerateRed said:
Seiidou said:

It was confirmed to be a fake article, they said that they would rewrite the scripts despite the fact that everything was already filmed.
doubtful, this is Netflix after all. If they can ruin fullmetal alchemist they will more than likely ruin one piece
Apr 20, 2023 4:45 PM
Jun 2020
Live action anime adaptations should not exist.
Apr 20, 2023 6:57 PM
Apr 2022
there are zero good live action anime
Apr 20, 2023 7:24 PM

Dec 2021
Jannie7 said:
Brace yourselves guys because live action one piece will gonna be great, i mean the production started 6 years, plus oda is the executive producer so. Yeah! 

Hope you're living irl.....

Apr 20, 2023 7:48 PM

Aug 2019
Y'all realize that Oda's executive producer credit means nothing in terms of series' quality right? All that basically means is that Oda approved some of the new ideas and will receive royalties, but it's not like he was heavily involved in every aspect of the production of the series itself.

The series is destined to be shit just like every other American live action anime adaptation, as evidenced by the first screening being negatively received. To believe otherwise is just a coping mechanism at this point, I'm sorry.
Apr 20, 2023 7:53 PM
Dec 2022
Billy8475 said:
rational_psycho said:

should have put him in crocks lmao.
ofc in sport mode for the flips and ish lmao
Apr 20, 2023 8:49 PM

Dec 2021
Jannie7 said:

Just because Oda is the executive producer doesn't mean jack. Most live action films like cowboy bebop, death note, dbz, etc all receive backlash and a lack of $$. If I were you I would have never tweeted this because it's a foolish thing to be hyped over ,but maybe I'm wrong and this will be absolutely fire. Only time will tell.
Have a wonderful day!
Apr 20, 2023 8:57 PM
May 2022
Early_Morning said:
Y'all realize that Oda's executive producer credit means nothing in terms of series' quality right? All that basically means is that Oda approved some of the new ideas and will receive royalties, but it's not like he was heavily involved in every aspect of the production of the series itself.

The series is destined to be shit just like every other American live action anime adaptation, as evidenced by the first screening being negatively received. To believe otherwise is just a coping mechanism at this point, I'm sorry.

there was no test screening, have a little faith man. learn to enjoy things and not judge so heavily based on minor things that don't even matter. they are putting a lot of time and money into this so even if this isnt a good adaptation it will be good standalone. also do some research before you spout nonsense about something that you don't understand
Apr 20, 2023 9:20 PM
Apr 2021
Wanna put money on it cuz I bet it’s gon be dumpster juice gooch sweat
Apr 20, 2023 11:00 PM
Dec 2016
Guys, even though I myself don't see One Piece's humor & aesthetic carrying over well in a non-jarring way to the live-action format - at the very least a lot more people who have never heard of it will now do so, & possibly even give the source material a chance.

Anything that makes good anime be accepted as mainstream pop culture will make it less likely for its fans to be made fun of or bullied for liking it. So just for that alone, let's either give this the benefit of the doubt OR simply not hate on it before it's even come out.
Apr 20, 2023 11:05 PM
Dec 2016
salmonellabro said:
there are zero good live action anime

Rurouni Kenshin live-action movie series was pretty solid. Same with the old 'Lone Wolf & Cub' adaptations. 'Speed Racer' & 'Battle Angel Alita' are both cult favorites.

Tom Cruise's "Edge of Tomorrow" is based on the manga "All You Need Is Kill", and the Korean classic "Oldboy" is based on a manga of the same name.

So it would be more accurate to say there are VERY few good live-action anime/manga adaptations. People used to say that same about video game adaptations too, but in the last few years we got Sonic The Hedgehog, Castlevania, Arcane, Cyberpunk: Edgerunners, HBO's The Last of Us, and finally the box office phenomenon that is the Super Mario Bros movie. So yeah, anything can happen now.
Apr 21, 2023 1:16 AM
Oct 2022
Early_Morning said:

Thank you for clearly articulating what many fail to understand. Oda isn’t going to denounce it even if he does legit think it’s awful, he has to be a team player. It’s the nature of show business
Apr 21, 2023 8:42 AM
Dec 2021
Seiidou said:

Well these were the rumours and later the studio clarified that nothing bad went in screening contrary everything was good.
Apr 21, 2023 2:19 PM
Trash

Jul 2015
Saitama1Gintoki said:
Seiidou said:

Well these were the rumours and later the studio clarified that nothing bad went in screening contrary everything was good.
a studio and people’s personal opinions are different. Let’s say you have a good opinion on a series, that everyone hates. In the end it doesn’t matter to anyone but the fact that you enjoyed it
Apr 21, 2023 4:10 PM
May 2022
I don't have high expectations but, let's hope there's something worth watching behind those 6 years
Apr 21, 2023 4:58 PM
Dec 2020
Seiidou said:

I just quoted a new post about it check it out
Apr 21, 2023 8:56 PM
Dec 2021
Seiidou said:
Saitama1Gintoki said:

a studio and people’s personal opinions are different. Let’s say you have a good opinion on a series, that everyone hates. In the end it doesn’t matter to anyone but the fact that you enjoyed it

I'm not talking about the studio's opinion here..The studio said that screening was successful and the people whom they showed it to gave +ve response hence, dismissing all the rumours regarding that OP live action screening went bad and people didn't like it and going by ur logic u can never satisfy everyone in this world in the end it comes to personal preference whether u like some show or not.
Apr 23, 2023 11:25 AM
Jul 2021
remember atla live action? 🤨
Apr 23, 2023 11:36 AM

Apr 2021
tbh i hope its good, what ive liked is that they have been very transparent so far, like weve seen some of the sets, the cast have interactio with the fandom, the showrunners go and talk to youtube one piece creators. Plus matt owens seems to be a fan so i dont think hell give us something bad at least on the story adaptation aspect. The crew has experience in other shows. supposedly they have a good budget. There are more reasons to be hopeful rather than pessimistic imo.

And with regards of the terrible screening, its fake news but everybody nowadays take fake news like if they were true. The source was a twitter account lol, with not a lot of followers to make me believe its true, the studio had to come up and said it was untrue, as well as other youtube one piece creators (who have been on the set). 
Apr 23, 2023 8:13 PM

Jul 2022
All live action adaption that comes from Anime/Manga/Games is bad.
Example: dragonball evolution, monster hunter, street fighter, dead or alive, ghost in the shell. And so I can keep naming them all.
And One Piece is also gonna be a bad one.
Apr 25, 2023 11:11 AM
Oct 2021
LudicLude said:
rational_psycho said:

This is correctly put.

cant wait to see luffy wearing jordans
Apr 25, 2023 11:16 AM

Oct 2022
Seiidou said:
This got debunked, that was a fake leak
REGULAR SHOW TROUNCES ANY ANIME. PEAK FICTION

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Apr 25, 2023 11:17 AM

Oct 2022
brindleyo said:
LudicLude said:

This is correctly put.

cant wait to see luffy wearing jordans
Again, this got debunked. There has not even been a test screening yet, those were fake leaks.

Second, zoro doesnt get his scar over his eye till timeskip

3rd, he is wearing shoes so the actor can do more stunts, thats awesome man
REGULAR SHOW TROUNCES ANY ANIME. PEAK FICTION

We protect other species because humans themselves are lonely creatures. We protect the environment because humans themselves don’t want to go extinct. What drives us is simply self-gratification. But I think that’s fine, and that it’s really all there is to it. There’s no point in despising humans by human standards. That’s right. So in the end, it’s hypocritical for us to love Earth without loving ourselves.
Apr 27, 2023 1:23 PM
Jul 2018
I can't wait to see the actor Zoro holding the sword hilt in his mouth and talking at the same time

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1106 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 25

48 by nickehhhhhh »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1105 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 18

63 by nickehhhhhh »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1104 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 11

57 by nickehhhhhh »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1103 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 4

48 by nickehhhhhh »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 27

53 by nickehhhhhh »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.