Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 14, 2022 2:49 PM

Dec 2012
As it's that time of year, what are your favourite Wintery albums or EPs? It can be anything that has a cold or icy vibe, or something that reminds you of Winter in some way.

One of mine:

Windir - 'Arntor'

"…Thou will understand, one day. At thy twilight, old thoughts return, in great waves of nostalgia.
- Hawkeye Gough
πŸ’€ 𝔍𝔬𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 π”ˆπ”΅π”±π”―π”’π”ͺ𝔒 π”π”’π”±π”žπ”© β„­π”©π”²π”Ÿ HERE πŸ’€

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Dec 16, 2022 9:07 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
^I forgot about those guys

My picks:

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 17, 2022 3:08 AM

Dec 2012
StarfireDragon said:

My picks:

Great picks, I've never heard of Primalfrost before but they sound awesome. I was literally just looking for bands that have a Wintersun-ish vibe to them so I'll have to check them out more
"…Thou will understand, one day. At thy twilight, old thoughts return, in great waves of nostalgia.
- Hawkeye Gough
πŸ’€ 𝔍𝔬𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 π”ˆπ”΅π”±π”―π”’π”ͺ𝔒 π”π”’π”±π”žπ”© β„­π”©π”²π”Ÿ HERE πŸ’€

Dec 17, 2022 2:38 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
OblivionFlowers said:
StarfireDragon said:

My picks:

Great picks, I've never heard of Primalfrost before but they sound awesome. I was literally just looking for bands that have a Wintersun-ish vibe to them so I'll have to check them out more

I picked up their album a few years ago when I was first getting into metal. It's pretty decent melodeath. Pretty sure they have a new album in the works, so it's a good time to get into them!

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Dec 18, 2022 3:45 PM

Oct 2013
Good stuff. Love Windir. My most consistent go-to winter album is likely Agalloch's Pale Folklore (and one of my favorite albums ever in general).

Dec 19, 2022 6:09 AM

Dec 2012
_Aisu said:
Good stuff. Love Windir. My most consistent go-to winter album is likely Agalloch's Pale Folklore (and one of my favorite albums ever in general).

Good choices! Yeah I guess you could argue any of Agalloch's albums would fit with the Winter vibes.
- Hawkeye Gough

Dec 26, 2022 4:07 AM

Jul 2016
The first thing that comes to mind when i think of "winter metal" is this masterpiece

Jan 4, 2023 2:47 AM
Feb 2020
Darkthrone gives me chills... But in vietnam the south is very hot

DMCSVNJan 4, 2023 2:53 AM
Jan 4, 2023 12:53 PM

Dec 2012
Here's an obvious one seeing as no one has posted it yet:

- Hawkeye Gough

Jan 17, 2023 1:59 AM

Mar 2017
You can never go wrong with more Dark Throne 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU1-gpjgQRY&list=PL9xBc4e5yru_iX2PSX_LuSpbkRBgWYYHM&index=26

This band is a recent find, I picture a brutal battle in the snowy mountains when I listen to this 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6S1Aj_COwk

+1 for Morbid and Immortal earlier in the thread.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Modern Extreme Metal

OblivionFlowers - Oct 19, 2023

1 by DreamWindow »»
Nov 12, 2023 9:31 PM

» Extreme metal from Japan?

OblivionFlowers - Aug 14, 2022

3 by OblivionFlowers »»
Aug 18, 2022 3:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.