Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2022 12:27 PM
Nov 2021
I always thought it was kind of wild how Akira toriyama would write something or try to establish rules in his universe and he would just break them almost as if it never existed. Or the would bring something up and you'll never hear from it again. One of my favorite examples of this is how it seemed like he forgot about the evil containment wave for years and randomly brought it back in super was if someone reminded him like "yo remember this we should use that" and Akira went "oooooooooh yeah I FORGOT ABOUT THAT"

Or like when he said he forgot about super Saiyan two because he thought it was super Saiyan 3
KasutoroSamaAug 20, 2022 12:30 PM
Aug 20, 2022 12:34 PM

Jan 2017
KasutoroSama said:
I always thought it was kind of wild how Akira toriyama would write something or try to establish rules in his universe and he would just break them almost as if it never existed.

After the Piccolo Daimao Arc , he mostly improvised everything , and it still works fine , so i guess he's good at that.
The worst that he forgot was Lunch & the hair color of Trunks...
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 20, 2022 12:35 PM
Nov 2021
Alexioos95 said:
KasutoroSama said:
I always thought it was kind of wild how Akira toriyama would write something or try to establish rules in his universe and he would just break them almost as if it never existed.

After the Piccolo Daimao Arc , he mostly improvised everything , and it still works fine , so i guess he's good at that.
The worst that he forgot was Lunch & the hair color of Trunks...

Wait he forgot that???? No way I thought that was a change on purpose so his hair matches his mom. I miss trunks purpose it made him unique to me.
Aug 20, 2022 12:38 PM

Jan 2017
KasutoroSama said:
Wait he forgot that???? No way I thought that was a change on purpose so his hair matches his mom.

He said in an interview that he did forgot which color it was , so he made it the same as Bulma.
The crazy thing is that absolutely no one in the staff of the Toei even tried to correct it...
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 20, 2022 12:38 PM
Jun 2022
KasutoroSama said:
I always thought it was kind of wild how Akira toriyama would write something or try to establish rules in his universe and he would just break them almost as if it never existed. Or the would bring something up and you'll never hear from it again. One of my favorite examples of this is how it seemed like he forgot about the evil containment wave for years and randomly brought it back in super was if someone reminded him like "yo remember this we should use that" and Akira went "oooooooooh yeah I FORGOT ABOUT THAT"

Or like when he said he forgot about super Saiyan two because he thought it was super Saiyan 3

Well I mean he has excuses, he's 67 years old and the franchise is longer than my future. plus he got many other works and not just dragon ball.
People die if they are killed.

- A wise man
Aug 20, 2022 12:41 PM

Jan 2021
Iirc, he forgot about a whole character called 'Lunch' who used to change her character after sneezing
Aug 20, 2022 12:43 PM
Nov 2021
Alexioos95 said:
KasutoroSama said:
Wait he forgot that???? No way I thought that was a change on purpose so his hair matches his mom.

He said in an interview that he did forgot which color it was , so he made it the same as Bulma.
The crazy thing is that absolutely no one in the staff of the Toei even tried to correct it...

Yeah that's what I be wondering that too but maybe they just kinda thought about it and was like "eh maybe he just wanted to change the hair color" and didn't bother really questioning it much
Aug 20, 2022 12:45 PM
Nov 2021
Kuzuma_6809 said:
Iirc, he forgot about a whole character called 'Lunch' who used to change her character after sneezing

Yeah she was very very sweet and pretty and I think she had blue hair and she would sneeze and her hair would turn blonde and she'd take out the blicky and start spraying
Aug 20, 2022 12:47 PM

Jan 2021
KasutoroSama said:
Kuzuma_6809 said:

Yeah she was very very sweet and pretty and I think she had blue hair and she would sneeze and her hair would turn blonde and she'd take out the blicky and start spraying
yea that one. On one side, she was innocent, cute and sweet and on the other side, a thief, cool and badass
Man, I liked her
Aug 20, 2022 12:48 PM

Jul 2019
He forgot about a whole character too as people said yeah. I don't remember them at all but it was funny to hear about it.

-----
Alexioos95 said:
KasutoroSama said:

This is crazy what the hell. Funny to hear lol.
Aug 20, 2022 12:49 PM
Nov 2021
Kuzuma_6809 said:
KasutoroSama said:

yea that one. On one side, she was innocent, cute and sweet and on the other side, a thief, cool and badass
Man, I liked her

I remember thinking she kinda looked like Bulma when she had the blue hair. She was a great gag character who was always at kamis house and then one day she just wasn't there.
Aug 20, 2022 12:50 PM
Nov 2021
NextUniverse said:
He forgot about a whole character too as people said yeah. I don't remember them at all but it was funny to hear about it.

-----
Alexioos95 said:

This is crazy what the hell. Funny to hear lol.

Wait if he forgot the hair color why didn't he just look at what color the hair was before instead of changing it lmao he could've just googled it or something.
Aug 20, 2022 12:50 PM

Jan 2021
KasutoroSama said:
Kuzuma_6809 said:
Man, I liked her

I remember thinking she kinda looked like Bulma when she had the blue hair. She was a great gag character who was always at kamis house and then one day she just wasn't there.
It was weird how she just disappeared but I was dumbass kid back then. So, I didn't really understand it. But now I know why she just disappeared
Aug 20, 2022 1:13 PM

Jan 2017
KasutoroSama said:
Wait if he forgot the hair color why didn't he just look at what color the hair was before instead of changing it lmao he could've just googled it or something.

That just show how much he doesn't care anymore about the work he did years ago.
He isn't even really working on Super , he just write an synopsis.

Kuzuma_6809 said:
It was weird how she just disappeared but I was dumbass kid back then. So, I didn't really understand it. But now I know why she just disappeared

She's present in a few fillers episode/scene of Z.
In the Manga , she disappear after the end of the Piccolo Daimao Arc , and is present in only 1 panel of an extra page during the Frieza Arc.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 21, 2022 2:26 PM
Nov 2021
KasutoroSama said:
Kuzuma_6809 said:
Man, I liked her

as i remember she went with Tien and Chaotzu while two of them were training she was at that house that pops out of casule, this is just as i remember, i think thatwas the case
Aug 21, 2022 2:46 PM

Jan 2017
KasutoroSama said:
"oooooooooh yeah I FORGOT ABOUT THAT"

I've just read the interview that was given in the pamphlet of the Super Hero Movie.
In this one , Toriyama says he didn't repeat the title "Super" on purpose , but because he forgot the title of the series was already "Super" , thus creating a repeat...

raga519 said:
as i remember she went with Tien and Chaotzu while two of them were training she was at that house that pops out of casule, this is just as i remember, i think thatwas the case

Yes , in one of the early fillers of Z.
In the Manga she literally just disappear.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 21, 2022 10:40 PM
May 2015
he forgot saiyans had tails that's why Goten & Trunks don't have tails.
Aug 23, 2022 2:06 PM
Feb 2021
Well it has been going for 30+ years of course he can't remember everything
Aug 23, 2022 2:15 PM

Jan 2017
iCorvus said:
Well it has been going for 30+ years of course he can't remember everything

For some of the things he forgot , it sure is a valid excuse , but for other , it sure is exaggerated.
Lunch just disappeared between 2 Chapters , so in only 7 days , he forgot a character.
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

– Edgar Allan Poe.

– Alexioos95.
Aug 24, 2022 5:51 PM
Jun 2015
well, from what I know and I can conclude this, the OG dragon ball was the only one he made with some plan in mind as he was an upstart back then. but after it's success he was told to continue even when he didn't really want to, so he started making shit up lol and then DBZ was born, hence the sudden introduction of aliens and stuff in the series. so yeah, after so many years, continuing the work which was just stuff he thought up randomly in dbz, it's no surprise he didn't remember.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 43 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

18 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 42 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

19 by Dumb »»
Today, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 41 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

15 by Dumb »»
Today, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 40 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

18 by Dumb »»
Today, 3:09 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Z Episode 39 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Oct 18, 2011

18 by Dumb »»
Yesterday, 3:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.