Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
May 9, 2022 2:20 AM
Apr 2021
Hey, I was thinking about this anime and I know that many people hate it, but it is also true that it is a well-known anime and that many people have seen it.

My point here is that although it is true that many of the decisions of the protagonists are crap, as some developments of situations as well, I quite enjoyed the series, and it is one of those that has a more serious tone, more adult, feels more real than your typical rom-com that takes 1245 months to take hands and 123 years for a kiss.

What annoys me the most about these type of series is that they leave the ending open and then there is never a second season, I hate it so much. I know that the manga, from what I've heard, is also very hated, like it goes on too long and the ending sucks (no manga spoilers please) and things like that. But damn, don't leave me like that.

I heard that the mangaka said that there would be no more seasons but I sincerely want more seasons, also, if the manga drags on and the ending sucks, the anime can always do without certain parts of the history and improve it.

In short, I would like a second season and I would like to hear your opinion on all of this.
PcabrerMay 9, 2022 2:23 AM
May 9, 2022 2:36 AM
Feb 2021
listen i read the manga and i think the entire thing is a masterpiece how the characters are their backstories their looks the art the entire thing is a masterpiece.

but the ending? i feel its a masterpiece that someone almost ruin on purpose with the ending.

if i would want a second season? only if the anime wont fully adept the manga and add stuff of its own.

i feel the same with the anime "five wedded brides" i think the entire show is great i love season 1 and 2 but the final season or the movie that suppose to tell us who he actually chooses at the end should be an original anime ending, because some people dont read the manga and many dont know what
May 9, 2022 2:36 AM
Jul 2018
I wrote a massive paragraph dissing it but it was the wrong anime lmaooo I’m sorry
May 9, 2022 2:38 AM
Jul 2018
For Domestic Girlfriend, I really enjoyed the manga. It surprised me and made it top 3 for me to watch. It was really good, reading the manga. I hope they do make a Season 2 as it’ll be worth it
May 9, 2022 2:42 AM
Aug 2021
Ah, I see you’re a man of culture as well.
May 9, 2022 2:45 AM
Jan 2022
the romance genre in general is the one who's treated the worst when it comes to this. They either rush the whole 9 volumes to fit into a 12 episode miniseries which can create passable (Horimiya) or a devastating one (My Little Monster).

Or you can go with the typical "will she, won't she" arc which takes around 11 episodes to setup but ending on a cliffhanger at the last episode that screams to its audience "JUST READ THE MANGA DAMMIT" (Monthly Girls Nozaki-Kun).

There are some lone survivors there but they're pretty rare. It's suprising they manage to adapt Fruits Basket and Actually finishing it in just 3 years from it's 3 season run and that short of a gap for a romance anime to be completely finished, let alone a romance, is unheard of.

There's also Kaguya-Sama: Love is war which has the potential to pass more than season 5 if A-1 and the team are willing to adapat the whole manga.

And as for Domestic Girlfriend? It's not impossible to have a season 2, but it's not likely either. Unless they will pull off from the books of Masamune-Kun's Revenge and adapt a season 2 anyways even if the anime isn't recieved well.
May 9, 2022 2:48 AM
Oct 2021
I liked the characters , and really enjoy character drama , damn i scored it 9 , but I don't want a S2 cause i don't want to be depressed again
May 9, 2022 2:51 AM
Dec 2020
I firstly watched the anime and then read the manga and I think manga is way better.
Anime skips many chapters between start and its ending, which is sadly (or not) open, but I still enjoyed it.
Manga is much longer, although I don't think it's boring at any point. The plot and characters are developing, meanwhile it doesn't seem rushed like anime. The ending could have been better, but it's still very good, so I don't mind it.
As mentioned, mangaka said there won't be a second season, which is quite a pity. I think it would be great to see it adapted anew, without cutting out good content.
May 9, 2022 2:58 AM
Jun 2021
The manga is dope and addictive in it's own weird way they should definitely do a season two

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 9, 2022 3:09 AM
Jan 2022
though the ending sucks the show was trash and a dumbster fire with extreme spicy that burnt my eyes। (which i really like) lol guilty pleasure

May 9, 2022 3:37 AM
Jan 2022
I had watched this about 2 years ago. Last month I read its manga from the beginning, and I must say the manga is truly amazing. Apart from the last 20 or so chapters, the storyline and build up felt pretty good. The humor is also quite nice. The story not only involves romancing but later has some action and thrill in it. It had me hooked up, and I finished the whole thing in about a week.

Don't wait for a second season, there won't be one. Just read the manga and you'll atleast be satisfied with knowing what happens next.
May 9, 2022 4:49 AM
Apr 2018
i would love to have a remake.
May 9, 2022 5:33 AM
Nov 2021
I am currently reading the manga. I started from the beginning after completing S1. I am currently in vol.17, so far it is good. Don't know about the ending stuff yet. But I definitely wanted a second season.
May 9, 2022 5:53 AM
Jul 2021
I saw 2 posts about a season 2 on 2 different animes and what you know the same person wrote them both.

No there is no place for a second season unless they find a way to introduce all the cut content. And there is a lot of that.

The manga is great and you should give it a read. I guarantee you won't get bored and Idk who told you the manga or the ending is bad but they either did not actually read it or they are just salty cause the better girl won.

Without spoiling anything I can say that you got the point of the story right and that the manga just gets better and better so give it a shot.
May 9, 2022 7:18 AM

Jun 2021
I was happy if they remake
May 9, 2022 7:58 AM
Jan 2022
Season 2 will sadly never come because the anime and even the manga were not so appreciated by the audience (it's under 7 on MAL).

But if you want to know the ending just read the manga.

I enjoyed the story, even the ending (that i don't want to spoil). In my opinion I think it fits with the personality of the characters and specially with the style of the entire work, even if it could be better explained, but this is an author's choice. The manga (if you buy the paper version) has some author's inserts that explain pov and reasons behind some choices that helps understanding better the work I think.

I watched the anime first, and when I read the manga I basically felt the opposite feelings I have felt in the anime. Idk why, maybe because I already knew part of the story. I can only advise you to enjoy this story without pretending a particular ending, like you're supposed to enjoy your life, that I think is the narrative pact I made.

I hope you'll understand what I wrote, I'm not so strong in English :)
May 9, 2022 10:03 AM
Jan 2022
TheLex said:
Season 2 will sadly never come because the anime and even the manga were not so appreciated by the audience (it's under 7 on MAL).

I enjoyed the story, even the ending (that i don't want to spoil). In my opinion I think it fits with the personality of the characters and specially with the style of the entire work, even if it could be better explained, but this is an author's choice. The manga (if you buy the paper version) has some author's inserts that explain pov and reasons behind some choices that helps understanding better the work I think.

I watched the anime first, and when I read the manga I basically felt the opposite feelings I have felt in the anime. Idk why, maybe because I already knew part of the story. I can only advise you to enjoy this story without pretending a particular ending, like you're supposed to enjoy your life, that I think is the narrative pact I made.

Can you tell who Mc end up with? please
May 9, 2022 10:04 AM
Jan 2022
HEAY7S said:
For Domestic Girlfriend, I really enjoyed the manga. It surprised me and made it top 3 for me to watch. It was really good, reading the manga. I hope they do make a Season 2 as it’ll be worth it

Can you spoil who does Mc end up with?
May 9, 2022 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
You sure you want it spoilt? I highly recommend you read it trust me.
May 9, 2022 10:24 AM
Apr 2022
ohhhhhh boy that is a spicy question
May 9, 2022 11:14 AM
Mar 2021
Tbh I thought the same thing when i first watched this Anime and i really love it. It would be great if this Anime has season 2.
May 9, 2022 11:26 AM
Jan 2022
Yes
I would like it
May 9, 2022 12:05 PM

Feb 2022
first of all this series is a true masterpiece if we expect the trashy movements from it and its also a little depressing and mature sometimes

so what I think is if we are talking about if we should have a season two or not I think it'll be best to not have a season two because look at the manga, the ep-12 left us off at the chapter-73 so if the second season have 12 ep it'll left us somewhere around ch 145 and I think it'll be horrible to end the anime there

so yeah if they ever creates season 2 and that ends up here which probably will it'll make things more complicated things more and those who refuse to read manga their curiosity will sky rocket after the end even more

but and as we know sasuga Sensei(mangaka) herself said that there is not going to be any other seasons because of the some reasons
it'll be long to explain all the reasons but it's more or less confirmed that there isn't going to be a season to for domestic girlfriend ☠️🥲so please don't expect a season two and go read the Manga and trust me there isn't a single chapter which you're going to regret to read and if you don't have any experience with manga don't worry my first manga was also 'domestic girlfriend'

anyway does anyone know this ..??
there is a one shot of sasuga Sensei which is set in the same world as the world of domestic girlfriend see

it's name is "kanojo to Boku no endroll"
click on the name to check it out by the way
May 9, 2022 12:09 PM

Feb 2022
Ordinal_Richao said:
TheLex said:

ok I can do that
May 9, 2022 12:10 PM

Feb 2022
yona_03 said:
ohhhhhh boy that is a spicy question

oh I see so you also saw that video of gigguk right..?? 😅😅
May 9, 2022 12:15 PM

Feb 2022
Ordinal_Richao said:
TheLex said:

look bro it was very comlicated when it all ended but I think this might do it
May 9, 2022 7:34 PM
Jun 2021
S2 is highly unlikely as, I'm pretty sure, the anime was mainly meant to promote the manga. I read the entire thing a few months back and really enjoyed it and would reccomend reading it if you want to see the story through.
May 9, 2022 11:00 PM
Jan 2022
For-MAL said:
Ordinal_Richao said:

For-MAL said:
Ordinal_Richao said:

Wow, seems messed up but I'm happy since I was rooting for Hina xD
May 10, 2022 12:11 AM
Dec 2021
I have read the manga and the ending is a bit unexpected though an anime adaptation would require 2 more seasons to cover the important parts of the manga.
May 10, 2022 12:24 AM
Sep 2021
the college arcs in the manga are really good imo

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

262 by jamesheller9009 »»
Apr 19, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

155 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.